Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2014, 06:02 PM   #10445

Monaco Owners Club
There's a lesson to be learned. Ladies? Can you drive the rig? Could you make it home alone? Do you know how to do everything required to get on the road? Do you know the new CPR?

Hi, Mutants:

I'm an NREMT-E, and I can tell you this - CPR is easy, and nothing fancy is needed. Knowing how can save a life. If you've ever taken CPR, use the same hand position and do 100 compressions a minute. No rescue breathing, just compressions. 100 a minute equates to the rhythm of "Staying Alive" (BeeGees, anyone?). If you've never taken CPR, do yourself a favor and take the class. It also includes how to help someone who is choking. Find out if someone in the area has an AED - campground, store, etc. AEDs make a huge difference in successful outcomes. I'm saving my pennies to carry one on my rig. I carry a complete jump bag when we travel. You'd be surprised how many times I've had to use it.

On the same subject, carry baby aspirin (81mg) or regular strength (325mg) aspirin with you. At the first inkling that you may be having a heart attack, chew 4 baby aspirin or one adult aspirin. It may save your life, and costs less than a dollar. Hint - the baby aspirin tastes better. Symptoms for a woman may be very different than those of a man, so do some internet research and learn the warning signs.

Driving the coach - Mary drove it 50 feet during our test drive and said that was enough. She is a reluctant driver at best, even in our cars, so I don't push the point. If I got sick, we'd have to hire a driver or park it somewhere and come back for it. I'm not going to worry - if it happens, we'll deal with it.

Muddypaws, thanks for helping that lady deal with her loss and for thinking about her little dog.

On a lighter note, Mary finished her taxes. Sing with me - Oh, happy day! Refund's on the way!

Have a great Friday evening, mutant brethren.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2014, 06:23 PM   #10446

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Time for more personal tun ups. LOL

Well...I knew this part of our adventure was going to be to refurb things on a personal level. OH BOY! LOL

So far I have had a lot of dental work in Progresso MX and will have to come back next year for the second phase. For the most part it has gone well with only minor issues to speak of. Monday is the day I dread with 4 root canals and 7 caps.

It is official...knee surgery is scheduled for Feb 19th. Left knee has a compound tear of the meniscus but that shouldn't be a big deal. The good news is that as best they can tell before they actually go inside to take a look is that the bone ends look to be in pretty good shape with no obvious evidence of wear and tear. Recovery should be relatively short with about 3 weeks to get over the most of the discomfort and a few more weeks to be nearly normal. The other piece of good news is that the doctor is very pleased that I like to bicycle so much...one of the best therapies for post surgery rehab.

We will be leaving Winter Ranch on April 12th to arrive at MCD Innovations (McKinney, TX) on the 13th. We will be there for about 5 days in the land of RVM2. If it works out we will find a place after that for a few more days and perhaps convoy to the GC with Steve and any other mutants that want to in the DFW area. If waiting around doesn't work out we will get to CL a few days early to warm things up.

We are really anxious to get back on the road but this hiatus has worked out well for our first few months in retirement. We are also getting lots of odds-n-ends done. Water heater replaced, new windshield, window and wheel well covers installed, windshield cracks fixed, custom bicycle covers made, and of course all the medical stuff too.

WHEW! Enough for now. LOL
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:28 PM   #10447

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK...Fess up...how many have reluctant mutant spouses?

Now...this could be a sensitive subject and if it dies an early death, so be it.

Now, don't get me wrong...Sandee enjoys my mutant tendencies and how goofy I sound when I talk about ponders, bacon and the heavy duty subjects of mutantdom. However at the same time she can be a bit perplexed by it all.

Are we mutant dysfunctional and destined for separate lives. (Tongue firmly in cheek.)
Old 01-31-2014, 06:38 PM   #10448

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^^ - Hey Don and Sandee.. Sounds like you have been Busy Busy! Glad to hear the choppers are coming along well, and you're getting Home Sweet Home sorted to your liking. Sorry the knee has to be tweaked. As things go, that's one procedure that has come a very long way from the early S incisions. Don't have one myself but knew folks who did.

So - seems you'll be ready to roll from MCD on the 18th or so. We plan to roll out on the 23rd. I'm not sure what sort of places are available thereabouts - but we can look into that. It would be nice to caravan. Not sure about Jeff and his visit to Frisco or when Herb and Barb are heading out. Ya can get headed toward the GC from MCD without backtracking, but it's not the most direct route. Very doable but we'll need to look into it a bit.

Glad you're making good use of the first months on the full-time rainbow. Take care and keep us informed of your progress.

Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:45 PM   #10449

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss
Now...this could be a sensitive subject and if it dies an early death, so be it.

Now, don't get me wrong...Sandee enjoys my mutant tendencies and how goofy I sound when I talk about ponders, bacon and the heavy duty subjects of mutantdom. However at the same time she can be a bit perplexed by it all.

Are we mutant dysfunctional and destined for separate lives. (Tongue firmly in cheek.)
Annie is on board and looking forward to meeting everyone. She asks me about you two all the time. (and the rest of ya!)

Fear not, once everyone meets and we get together for a few things she'll be a full fledged mutant.

I have to ask... Did this attitude materialize after ya met Wayne... cause ya already knew Tim and Ginny... I can sort of understand if that's the case...
Steve
Old 01-31-2014, 06:48 PM   #10450

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Murray's - are we there yet?
Dang spell checker I need to learn how to turn it off

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:49 PM   #10451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Shopping today looking for 2 recliners to put in place of that *#^€% jack knife sofa.. Flexsteel is hard as steel. Now if i would just give the sofa away, if someone would come take it out...... Then a get together with local neighbors... On the beach at sunset........ Wine, drinks, and coffee and camera for me.....
Okay, Diane, after a few days of arranging the in and outside of our rig, finally used the chairs. They ARE recliners! They are Flexsteel like the front captains chairs. Twist a knob and go fully upright to fully reclined and all position in between.

The ottomans are really nifty. Comfy? Oh ya!

Here in pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1952219941.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	473.7 KB
ID:	55086
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-184203148.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	534.3 KB
ID:	55087   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-200999953.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	452.8 KB
ID:	55088  

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #10452

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I have to ask... Did this attitude materialize after ya met Wayne... cause ya already knew Tim and Ginny... I can sort of understand if that's the case...
Steve
HE HE HE...ya gotta point there!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:29 PM   #10453

My vacation officially started at 7:30. At 7:42, my lab got sprayed by a skunk. 46 minutes and 2 peroxide baths later, he still smells, I smell and our rig smells. Sigh. Anyone have a margarita?
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:51 PM   #10454

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Evenin Muteys!

I've been hibernating for the past week cause we had a disaster at my office that required my undivided attention. Hate it when I have go do that ugly four letter word but hey I still own the company so what an owner gonna do? Dual Server crashed and shut us down... Yikes! Anyway Dell to the rescue and about 70 hours of grind and we are back up and running. It's amazing how we have been spoiled by computer systems that do our work for us as opposed to the old days of doing things by hand. And all the while Barb and I had taken Jenny to MCD for new blinds. I wound up leaving Barb there while I came back to Cowtown to take charge of the mass hysteria in the office. Steve sorry we didn't call bout a mini but I wasn't available. Did I say we LOVE the new blinds? They are a little pricey but still very much worth the cost and the quality is excellent!

I've been catching up on my reading duties but so much to comment on I already forgot who said what about what.

Dave we have those same recliners in Jenny and we love them...great for afternoon naps.

Wayne love the name tags. I won't invade your personal space if you don't invade mine trying to read em. LOL

Let's see what else .... awe shucks I'm brain dead... Sure glad this week is over. Honey make me another smoothie...no make it a double!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:52 PM   #10455

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingennis View Post
My vacation officially started at 7:30. At 7:42, my lab got sprayed by a skunk. 46 minutes and 2 peroxide baths later, he still smells, I smell and our rig smells. Sigh. Anyone have a margarita?
Wash him in Tomato Juice! No kidding, works best. Also wash anything like dog bedding in Tomato Juice as well!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #10456

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingennis

Name:	image-3113853502.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	524.3 KB
ID:	55102

I hear tomato juice is a de-skunker. Had not heard about margaritas.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:59 PM   #10457

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don if you and Sandee get into Hot Springs early let us know, Mary and I can come over and show you around (know some great places to eat).

Steve talking about needing a trailer, 1 load of firewood, 1 easy-go 4 wheeler, 1 super secret Grand Curosity project, oh yeaaah, can't wait!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:01 PM   #10458

Quote:
I hear tomato juice is a de-skunker. Had not heard about margaritas.
Hay!
Sip some margarita, rub some on da dog, repeat, do not rinse.
Sip some margarita....
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote