Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #11453

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Convoy?

OK...I know this is a tad early but here is what I think is brewing.

I think that Steve and I will look at an early departure out of the Plano, TX area on the 23rd. I'm thinking 8 am would be a good start.

Jim is leaving the Paris, TX area the same morning.

We will look at joining up near New Boston late morning. That is a little over an hour for Jim and about 2+15 for Steve and I. From there it is somewhere between 2 and 3 hours to CL. Getting there by 3 would allow us to get set up and give Tim a hand in prep work.

Herb, are you going and how does that fit into your plans? Depending on where you park, it looks like it adds 1 hour for you to get to Plano and then points beyond.

Any one else?
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #11454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
OK...I know this is a tad early but here is what I think is brewing.

I think that Steve and I will look at an early departure out of the Plano, TX area on the 23rd. I'm thinking 8 am would be a good start.

Jim is leaving the Paris, TX area the same morning.

We will look at joining up near New Boston late morning. That is a little over an hour for Jim and about 2+15 for Steve and I. From there it is somewhere between 2 and 3 hours to CL. Getting there by 3 would allow us to get set up and give Tim a hand in prep work.

Herb, are you going and how does that fit into your plans? Depending on where you park, it looks like it adds 1 hour for you to get to Plano and then points beyond.

Any one else?
Hey There !!!

Marcia and I will be in or near Frisco, TX and would be happy to tag along for the convoy, maybe a mini curiosity also before the main event. Let me know what else y' all are planning.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:58 PM   #11455

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The staples are gone!

With no thanks to Dunner's offer of his staple remover, the office type, the staples came out this morning. I no longer feel like I have zippers on my knee caps.

Today marks 2 weeks since surgery and I feel as if I've turned the corner on pain control and walking ability. I'm down to using just one forearm crutch for balance and I no longer wince when I stand. One more visit to the orthopedic surgeon in a month and then I'm done with him.

I still have a lot of hard rehab to do in order to regain strength and flexibility, but there's nothing stopping me now. Well, except maybe for a nap. I'm worn out from the trip into town.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #11456

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
......... Hope you can join us.
Wish we could but the motor home has been at the dealer's now for four weeks getting warranty stuff done, and we have yet to hear how much longer it'll be there. And we've made a commitment to see my grandmother at the end of March (if we get the Bounder back by then). But maybe on the next meet up
Bruadair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #11457

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
With no thanks to Dunner's offer of his staple remover, the office type, the staples came out this morning. I no longer feel like I have zippers on my knee caps. Today marks 2 weeks since surgery and I feel as if I've turned the corner on pain control and walking ability. I'm down to using just one forearm crutch for balance and I no longer wince when I stand. One more visit to the orthopedic surgeon in a month and then I'm done with him. I still have a lot of hard rehab to do in order to regain strength and flexibility, but there's nothing stopping me now. Well, except maybe for a nap. I'm worn out from the trip into town.
Glad you are progressing along. Keep up the good work.

I was suppose to have my knee done today but the surgeon had to reschedule. Now it is next Wednesday.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #11458

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Well now I am confused!!!! I thought we were starting on Monday March 24th thru Sunday March 30th. I am scheduled to arrive a day early on the 23rd with Wayne and if Tim drops stuff off we can help him unload and do any early grunt work to prepare.
So now I'm confused, the GC@AZ, that the one March 24-30 right/wrong! The super secreat GC!
Old 02-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #11459

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey There !!! Marcia and I will be in or near Frisco, TX and would be happy to tag along for the convoy, maybe a mini curiosity also before the main event. Let me know what else y' all are planning. Cheers !!!
I will be in McKinney the week before having the shades replaced at MCD. Aster that I will find a CG in the area to enter the holding pattern until the 23rd. The more the merrier.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #11460

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
So now I'm confused, the GC@AZ, that the one March 24-30 right/wrong! The super secreat GC!
Dang. Who let that secret get out to Tim?
Old 02-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #11461
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
With no thanks to Dunner's offer of his staple remover, the office type, the staples came out this morning. I no longer feel like I have zippers on my knee caps.

Today marks 2 weeks since surgery and I feel as if I've turned the corner on pain control and walking ability. I'm down to using just one forearm crutch for balance and I no longer wince when I stand. One more visit to the orthopedic surgeon in a month and then I'm done with him.

I still have a lot of hard rehab to do in order to regain strength and flexibility, but there's nothing stopping me now. Well, except maybe for a nap. I'm worn out from the trip into town.
Great news!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #11462

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
OK...I know this is a tad early but here is what I think is brewing. I think that Steve and I will look at an early departure out of the Plano, TX area on the 23rd. I'm thinking 8 am would be a good start. Jim is leaving the Paris, TX area the same morning. We will look at joining up near New Boston late morning. That is a little over an hour for Jim and about 2+15 for Steve and I. From there it is somewhere between 2 and 3 hours to CL. Getting there by 3 would allow us to get set up and give Tim a hand in prep work. Herb, are you going and how does that fit into your plans? Depending on where you park, it looks like it adds 1 hour for you to get to Plano and then points beyond. Any one else?
We are about an hour west of Steve in North Ft Worth right by Texas Motor Speedway off 35 so we can pull out early enough to hook up with everyone. It looks like Wayne will be up here too. We will have to ask Earlene if Wayne can come out and play but they will probably hook up too. I think Cart was planning on joining us as well so we could have six mutants Rollin Rollin Rollin Down the River.....oops i mean highway.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #11463

Quote:
I
I gave up the walker today and started using forearm crutches, but only for balance. And I'm happy to say that the pain when standing and walking is almost gone. Everything is headed in the right direction.

Hmm, it must be time to start counting down the days until the GC@CL again.
Great news! You must have been a good, compliant patent. See you in Arkansas in April.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #11464

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Great to hear you are doing very well.
Time sure flies.

Best wishes and prayers for continued recovery.

Mutant 20
Old 02-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #11465

Welcome, Brudair, to Mutant-ness, or is it Mutantity? /shrug

Welcome!
Nhytefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:50 PM   #11466

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
We are about an hour west of Steve in North Ft Worth right by Texas Motor Speedway off 35 so we can pull out early enough to hook up with everyone. It looks like Wayne will be up here too. We will have to ask Earlene if Wayne can come out and play but they will probably hook up too. I think Cart was planning on joining us as well so we could have six mutants Rollin Rollin Rollin Down the River.....oops i mean highway.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, you Texans did get my detailed turn by turn directions/ shortcut to the Curosity right?
Yes yes you'll enjoy all the time you'll save and really very little gravel road, in fact the short section through Okalahoma has no gravel at all as you follow the historic dirt path just as the natives did oh so many years ago. As you round the horn you'll only be in Missiour for 70 or 80 mi and before you know it you'll cross into the "Land of Opportunity" and sippin wine and eating honey, or helping Marty roof Honey.
You have a good trip now Y'all ! Hehehe