Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2014, 11:09 PM   #12027

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey let's not discount asparagus that is a wonderful veggie !!!!! You may go back to your planned disfunctions.
I wasn't dissing in the slightest and I want to try the bacon wrapped version too. Looks really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Before this goes too far Dennis - I'm not sure the Air Force ever served lamb chops or lamb of any kind. Just making the same point you and Jeff did. Lamb can be outstanding. Or like anything else - it can be burnt or otherwise poorly prepared, seasoned, etc.

This is why I'm having such a hard time dieting. I love to eat food, cook food, watch food shows, collect cookbooks, smell food cooking. You name it - if it's food - count me in. Dang. Ok - a thimble or two here and there.

I have already rearmed what 2 ounces of most proteins looks like - and can eyeball a cup of raw veggies and fruits and 1/2 cup when they're cooked.

As for the lamb - muddle eastern cooking has a real handle on it lamb and goat.
Best way to cook lamb is to stampede a herd though a bonfire. The one with the blackest coat is cooked medium rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Yeah, but did they have adult supervision in the Air Force?
Heck, even air force adults are unsupervised
Quote:

You expect an Army cook to know how to prepare lamb for hundreds of men and still get it tender enough?
See above bonfire scenario.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2014, 07:57 AM   #12028

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Is there anything you don't cook with Bacon, Dave.
Well, Barb, the truth is that we have bacon about every 1.5 weeks in BCTs (C for cheese as Lettuce adds nothing). The pics are what I get from emails and FB posts for those that truly worship bacon.

However, bacon is part of the RVM lexicon! And some RVMs do have bacon in a variety of ways that I would love, but do not have the ambition to make. So, I find nifty pics and post them for the true Bacon Affictionsdos!

That said, my bacon is thick sliced, lean (means I pick thru the stock for the best) and of many varieties, like peppered, maple sugared, apple wood smoked and such.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #12029
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Now Wayne c'mon your not really foolin anybody. The inside air temp in your house is always 10-15 degrees warmer. Double pained gas filled windows....sheesh! Say nothin about the hot air generator inside. Don't go blaming Earlene either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
[...] and my youngest son ran his first marathon in 3 hr, 53 min....[..] Sleeting here in Arkansas....... Cold too.....
Tell your son congratulations. It would take me 26 minutes to go 26 miles at 60 mph. However, my son also runs marathons. His last one, and maybe his really last one, was run in Afghanistan at Camp Leatherneck. Here's the story. They have what they call "Road Guards" that direct the flow of the runners in the right direction. he was in the lead group and they were directed to go in a direction. Then they were caught up with by a vehicle that told them they were given the wrong way to go. So they had to run back to the point and then continue on. They had gone 1/2 Mlle out of their way and his finish time was 3 hours 37 minutes. Not bad for a 50 year old Colonel and a lawyer on top of that. I told him it was the lawyer part that got him lost as he was wearing a GPS watch. Hee hee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
When I was in the Air Force - the lamb chops were tender, medium rare, and the mint jelly was just right. I was always told we ate better than the others, but this confirms it's.
A hunert years ago when in Vietnam I so enjoyed having to make a courier run from Dong Ha to Da Nang. We would go over to the Air Force Base to get a Dairy Queen. Not really a "Dairy Queen, but just inside the gate there was a soft serve ice cream stand. Yep, AF does know how to live it up. Sometimes I think they didn't want to serve us as we sure were a scroungy lot.

================

Hey Dennis, neither you nor I know how to spell "paned" windows. It's only pain when the glass breaks and you cut yourself. Hey, at least I caught it.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #12030

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nice Green house, Dennis. I would love something like that.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #12031

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH
Nice Green house, Dennis. I would love something like that.
X10 -
Dennis - not at all what I envisioned when you told me about this....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #12032

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBelly View Post
Warning: The following is a joke. It is only a joke. If it was a real statement it would not be followed by funny-looking emoticons. Repeat, this is only a joke.

The journey must be the destination cause the preplanning phase is simply exhausting!!!
Trying to catch up while snowed in in SC. Was just going to lurk till the back-up reading was don, BUT, this was funny!

You Texans remember to bring your snow chains!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #12033
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
We were featured on a Shaw TV show about gardening and the greenhouse I built for my wife.
What a great looking greenhouse, Dennis! Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #12034

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I heartily agree.
Congrats, Dennis!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #12035

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Watching the Oscars.... I feel like I should win an award.... I watched "Frozen" three times this weekend... With grands, and my youngest son ran his first marathon in 3 hr, 53 min.... I am chilling...... Great weekend..... This is one tired Di.... (Grandmother name)

Used to grow asparagus too..... Easy after the first 3 years....

Sleeting here in Arkansas....... Cold too.....

Can ya nap through time 2 & 3 when the grands are watching a movie over and over?Inquiring minds need to know how to navigate those waters....
Old 03-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #12036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Tell your son congratulations. It would take me 26 minutes to go 26 miles at 60 mph. However, my son also runs marathons. His last one, and maybe his really last one, was run in Afghanistan at Camp Leatherneck. Here's the story. They have what they call "Road Guards" that direct the flow of the runners in the right direction. he was in the lead group and they were directed to go in a direction. Then they were caught up with by a vehicle that told them they were given the wrong way to go. So they had to run back to the point and then continue on. They had gone 1/2 Mlle out of their way and his finish time was 3 hours 37 minutes. Not bad for a 50 year old Colonel and a lawyer on top of that. I told him it was the lawyer part that got him lost as he was wearing a GPS watch.
Wayne... That close to our joke.... This was his first and he said only marathon. He saud he likes to run but not marathons, he just wanted to see if he could.... Our joke is of course you could, you are a Surgeon, and Surgeons think they are god......

And Dave i love bacon, but we also dont have it often, so i cut, copy and past pics as well....... But i do have my jar of bacon grease to flavor up those southern veggies.... Kept in frig, had to restart my jar last year when power outage had me totally cleaning everything out.....

Still snowing very lightly here, have about 2" of sleet in my area...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #12037

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW
Who is the Possum stand in? There's always this young looking guy with a head full of hair in the adventures of Possum. That actor has a good manager. He gets lots of work.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #12038

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow! I didn't know we were in such high company!
Denise and Dennis are famous! They have been on TV !
What a wonderful greenhouse there and I must add, the swiss chard looked lovely as did Denise!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #12039
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey "one N," nice video. Earlene is still amazed that you have so much hair. She said Denise sounds so sweet.

Good job on the greenhouse. Video gives meaning to 15 minutes of fame. We just might have to come up there during harvesting season and partake of some of the veggies.

Might even get us a Mini-GC-Caravan.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #12040
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Wayne... That close to our joke.... This was his first and he said only marathon. He saud he likes to run but not marathons, he just wanted to see if he could.... Our joke is of course you could, you are a Surgeon, and Surgeons think they are god...... [...]

Still snowing very lightly here, have about 2" of sleet in my area...
I thought it was lawyers who thought they were God.... Can you imagine getting those two together. Neither would understand the other. Well, maybe when it came to the "bottom line."