Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #12167

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Oh Herb, We are going to have so much to talk about around the campfire at the GC, did by a keep any of the peanuts ya plowed up ? Cheers !!!
Can't look at a peanut the same way anymore.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #12168

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
It came from the internet. I must be true, you silly boy!
Oops forgot that rule.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #12169

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
It came from the internet. I must be true, you silly boy!
Bonjour!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:47 PM   #12170

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I think at least two threads are in trouble.... Chris P Bacon - Official Website
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:28 AM   #12171

GOOD MORNING MUTANTS WAKE UP AND SMELL THE BACON

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3331530184.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	57667

Announced earlier today by Oscar Mayer, the Wake Up and Smell the Bacon dongle plugs into the bottom of your iOS device and fires out a scented bacon spray in the morning as you are emerging from bed. The dongle works with a companion alarm application in order to correctly time the release of the bacon spray. In addition to the bacon odor, the companion app also plays the sound of cooking bacon to accompany the smell. Of course, this could also lead to a massive amount of disappointment each morning since there’s no actual bacon being prepared for breakfast.
However, Oscar Mayer won’t be selling the Wake Up and Smell the Bacon dongle. The company plans on giving away a limited number of the devices through a promotion that ends during early April 2014. Of course, it’s currently limited to people that own an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. While the dongle could hypothetically plug into an Android or Windows Phone device using a headphone jack, the company has no plans to release the companion app for those platforms.
This concept is basically identical to the Scentee plugin that shoots out similar odors in order to represent specific types of notifications. Scents that can be purchased for that device include fresh-cut roses, lavender, rosemary, strawberries and coffee. According to a beta tester at Mashable, the Wake Up and Smell the Bacon dongle scent has a smoky smell and comes with an additional replacement cartridge. It’s unclear if Oscar Mayer will sell additional cartridges to winners of the promotion or eventually release the dongle to the public.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...#ixzz2vHrJKehN
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

REALLY.?
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #12172

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
GOOD MORNING MUTANTS WAKE UP AND SMELL THE BACON Announced earlier today by Oscar Mayer, the Wake Up and Smell the Bacon dongle plugs into the bottom of your iOS device and fires out a scented bacon spray in the morning as you are emerging from bed. The dongle works with a companion alarm application in order to correctly time the release of the bacon spray. In addition to the bacon odor, the companion app also plays the sound of cooking bacon to accompany the smell. Of course, this could also lead to a massive amount of disappointment each morning since there’s no actual bacon being prepared for breakfast. However, Oscar Mayer won’t be selling the Wake Up and Smell the Bacon dongle. The company plans on giving away a limited number of the devices through a promotion that ends during early April 2014. Of course, it’s currently limited to people that own an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. While the dongle could hypothetically plug into an Android or Windows Phone device using a headphone jack, the company has no plans to release the companion app for those platforms. This concept is basically identical to the Scentee plugin that shoots out similar odors in order to represent specific types of notifications. Scents that can be purchased for that device include fresh-cut roses, lavender, rosemary, strawberries and coffee. According to a beta tester at Mashable, the Wake Up and Smell the Bacon dongle scent has a smoky smell and comes with an additional replacement cartridge. It’s unclear if Oscar Mayer will sell additional cartridges to winners of the promotion or eventually release the dongle to the public. Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...#ixzz2vHrJKehN Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook REALLY.?
Wow I gotta get me one of these!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:43 AM   #12173

After the GC, straight to PA, and hope I get there in time!

http://www.pennsylvaniabaconfestival.com
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:50 AM   #12174

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I confess, I just came in from committing Crape Murder! A little late but I did it anyway.

Ha Jeff, did a little Jeeping while gone. Wasn't exciting enough so I decided to drive on the wrong side of the road the whole time. It was a Wrangler Sport which was pretty sweet on the tight turns! Has us thinking now about the two door options. Just not sure I can get a big enough picnic basket in just a two door, I am a growing boy!
While we were in the big city. I got a call my plates were in. When I picked them up I saw this and thought of you. Complete with Texas flag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140307_084932.png
Views:	182
Size:	423.6 KB
ID:	57668
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #12175

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post
While we were in the big city. I got a call my plates were in. When I picked them up I saw this and thought of you. Complete with Texas flag.

Attachment 57668
They are as scarce as hens teeth around hear! May have to head south to find one but keeping my hopes up. Haven't unleashed my wholesale buddies yet. I'm afraid they'll have one before I'm truly ready, you know, before the winning lottery ticket is purchased!

Have looked at a 2013 Rubi, black 2dr that already had 2 or 3 inch lift but haven't decided on going the 2 door route yet. Salesman said the road handling was the reason the previous owner traded it in.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #12176

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ

Hmmm and I thought you were eating crepes ... the kind you eat!
Sweet or savory - love me some crepes.
Years ago used to frequent a restaurant called the Magic Pan. Turkey - Chicken - seafood crepes were awesome. And the desert crepes were excellent too - especially blueberry.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #12177

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Same here, even the large dealerships only have a few. The dealer where I got mine had the most of anywhere in the Dallas area. Looked at a couple of used but they were mostly used up.
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #12178

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

They are as scarce as hens teeth around hear! May have to head south to find one but keeping my hopes up. Haven't unleashed my wholesale buddies yet. I'm afraid they'll have one before I'm truly ready, you know, before the winning lottery ticket is purchased!

Have looked at a 2013 Rubi, black 2dr that already had 2 or 3 inch lift but haven't decided on going the 2 door route yet. Salesman said the road handling was the reason the previous owner traded it in.
Hmmmmm sounds like something I may have touched on once before Tim

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #12179
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here you go Tim, it's only money.

2013 Rubi

I am not affiliated with this company. I have visited their lot when we were looking for a TOAD. Earlene decided that they were to rough a ride.

p.s., when we were looking I stated I wanted to tow behind a MH. A few days later he called and said he had a Wrangler in with tow plate installed. We had decided by then to go a different route. I had not asked him to find one for me, he just did. I think he sold it quickly.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #12180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Here you go Tim, it's only money. 2013 Rubi I am not affiliated with this company. I have visited their lot when we were looking for a TOAD. Earlene decided that they were to rough a ride. p.s., when we were looking I stated I wanted to tow behind a MH. A few days later he called and said he had a Wrangler in with tow plate installed. We had decided by then to go a different route. I had not asked him to find one for me, he just did. I think he sold it quickly.
Yep. The Rubicon is a much stiffer ride that a Sport, and part of the reason for more $
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote