Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #12349

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I read the posts - hear people do this and say it - but I have never been able to get any money for a used tire. Bad luck I guess.

My 670's actually look pretty good and are 39th week of '07. So I have time but I'm also the second owner - and don't know their full history. The time seems right to me. Their age is close - I have the money - it's down time - and GC @ CL is coming. Yippee.
We got $75.00 each out of our when we put 6 new tires on 2 years ago. Paid for M&B + a little off each tire. Then it didn't help the dealer when his guy scratched up each of the aluminum wheels when changing them and had to pay to have them all machine cut and re-polished.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #12350

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus
We got $75.00 each out of our when we put 6 new tires on 2 years ago. Paid for M&B + a little off each tire. Then it didn't help the dealer when his guy scratched up each of the aluminum wheels when changing them and had to pay to have them all machine cut and re-polished.
Eek on the rims.....
I hate to leave $450 on the table. Come on down to DFW and I'll let ya haul em off - assuming the dealer is amicable. I'll let ya know the date, time etc....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:28 PM   #12351

Quote:
LOL... We will see you there.... The carabiner lid was a last minute decision. When the prototype for the original mug came in the logo looked a postage stamp on it. So I started looking for something that would house a bigger logo and found this design. Take the fur faces for a walk with you coffee in hand. Hook the empty mug to a carabiner on your belt or backpack for the return walk. Seemed very mutated to me....

I love the carabiner hook.... I have one on my water bottle... It makes a nice grab place...

And as for cabiners.... I dont think there is a size made that i dont have at least 4 of.... In a rainbow of colors.... One of my favorite essentials....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #12352

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Eek on the rims.....
I hate to leave $450 on the table. Come on down to DFW and I'll let ya haul em off - assuming the dealer is amicable. I'll let ya know the date, time etc....
Send me tire sizes and I will ask a couple of friends around there and see if they know anyone who might take them. At least you would save the disposal fee.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #12353

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I bought carabiners strong enough for coffee mugs at Harbor Freight, really cheap. I wouldn't trust my life to them by repelling down a cliff, but for this they'd do just fine.
I always go with Larry to Harbor Freight...... He was surprised that i like to browse hardware stores. Lol.... Good carabiners from climbing store... We ud them a lit when we white water canoed in younger years..... Gave canoe to sons.... 30 years later i still like carabiners..... Fun word to say too...... Lol....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #12354

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus
Send me tire sizes and I will ask a couple of friends around there and see if they know anyone who might take them. At least you would save the disposal fee.
It's was $5 a tire - $30 bucks for 6 at one place. Will call Wed on getting them scheduled and see what they charge. I'm betting it's the same - or close. Area prices are pretty close. That's why I wasn't really worried about it. The disposal fee is nothing compared to getting paid $75 a used tire. I wouldn't drive 20 miles across town for $30. For that plus $450, my BIL has a truck!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #12355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
"OH THE INHUMANITY AND HUMILIATION!" Thor said. I just can't seem to stop Sandee when she wants to dress up Thor. LOL BTW...Little Red Riding Hood is my grand daughter Kaylee.
Too funny! Good on ya, Sandee!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:26 PM   #12356

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hey Sue. How are the shoulders? Hope you are recovering nicely, but be sure to milk it if you can get Martin to wait on you.
I had him convinced I couldn't wash dishes there for a while--about 2 days. A friend suggested that vacuuming one-handed might be reeeeally hard too.

This is all a bloody nuisance, but will pass and isn't painful now. It's just a shame to cut short both the kayaking and the biking...nothing to do now but sit around eating bonbons. And bacon.

Nighty-night!
Sue
Old 03-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #12357

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
It's was $5 a tire - $30 bucks for 6 at one place. Will call Wed on getting them scheduled and see what they charge. I'm betting it's the same - or close. Area prices are pretty close. That's why I wasn't really worried about it. The disposal fee is nothing compared to getting paid $75 a used tire. I wouldn't drive 20 miles across town for $30. For that plus $450, my BIL has a truck!
Ok Steve here is what you do, strap them bad boys on the roof and bring them on up here to the GC. We can transfer them over to the roof on Chucks coach during happy hour. I'd say around here you'll hardly get a second look, well maybe a few people pointing and snapping pictures. (Thinking Dave)
Old 03-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #12358

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Explored the V-Bar-V Petroglyph Site today in the Coconino Nat'l Forest. http://www.redrockcountry.org/recrea.../v-bar-v.shtml
Lovely pics of petroglyphs, Dave!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #12359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I love the carabiner hook.... I have one on my water bottle... It makes a nice grab place... And as for cabiners.... I dont think there is a size made that i dont have at least 4 of.... In a rainbow of colors.... One of my favorite essentials....
Amen to all that. I use 'em for lots of things, too, color coded for which car keys, which set of doors, .... Aluminum in colors is just fun to look at.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #12360

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Explored the V-Bar-V Petroglyph Site today in the Coconino Nat'l Forest. http://www.redrockcountry.org/recrea.../v-bar-v.shtml
Palatki, Honanki, tuzigoot, and Montezuma's Castle are also worth peeking at...
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #12361

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
I had him convinced I couldn't wash dishes there for a while--about 2 days. A friend suggested that vacuuming one-handed might be reeeeally hard too.

This is all a bloody nuisance, but will pass and isn't painful now. It's just a shame to cut short both the kayaking and the biking...nothing to do now but sit around eating bonbons. And bacon.

Nighty-night!
Sue
Hey! Get him to fry yer bacon!
Perhaps a good book series is a healing thing?
Old 03-11-2014, 03:13 AM   #12362

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
I know what you mean.

The wife's has W8.

Two things to search when you have time that helped us...

1- w-8 never shuts own completely...it only sleeps. So this works:

How to Shut Down Windows 8 Completely

2- the log in can be changed so it is start-up and go:

How to bypass the Windows 8 log-in screen | Microsoft - CNET News
I just printed the instructions for getting rid of the log-in and password but at 4:09 AM I'll do it later.

Thanks for the info.

Steve - we're good for two glasses, are they available in 20 oz size? TEA sippers use BIG cups 'cause tea taste sooooo gooood.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote