Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #12489

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi

Ok Steve..... I read the thread..... I know who NOT to send $$$$ to..... Smile.
No rubi....
I also sent ya email... Did that find it's way to you? And thanks for using the GC @ CL form on the website.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #12490

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ya know who just crossed my tiny mind....
Mike and Harriet. Proud new owners of a land based RV and full fledged Mutants.

We need an update and wonder if you're getting closer to penning the GC @ CL on you calendar (been penciled in for some time now)??
Old 03-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #12491

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Ok Steve..... I read the thread..... I know who NOT to send $$$$ to..... Smile.
No rubi....
Diane how's the coach repair coming, we have got to get together sometime before this crowd of mutants attack or state.lol

Have accumulated mostly information for the group but have some ideas on gifts but keep in mind who's saying this!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:43 PM   #12492

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Dave - you are not the only one doing the GF diet.... K? There are several others. And some with diabetic diets - some with small appetites etc. I will get sheets or something out because it has been requested and makes sense that we at least have the basics covered for the gatherings - and meals with a theme - like the requested Fish Fry - Grill / Game Night (some have reported not eating game) - some can't eat shellfish - so we need to watch that for Mardi Gras night - etc. We could just say all meals on your own - whether we dine in a group or not - but what fun is figuring that out...
K. Tell ya wut, if there is flap jacks, fish breading, et al, we probly have the GF for it, and it will taste so dandy good the rest of the RVMs may clamor for it. We make some mean good GF onion rings!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #12493

Quote:
Barb and I discussed the group meals / events planning and de decided to hold off trying to corral everyone until a month out. That's fast approaching so I need to think on it a bit. There are several folks with dietary restrictions - Gluten Free - small meals due GBypass - etc. So stand by one, and I will pull something together and get it out there (somewhere).

But anyone wanting to buy a Standing Rib Roast for the smoker - bring it on!! I will bring several flavors of smoking wood.
Steve I haven't read past this post. Got behind. We are planning on bringing Kansas fattened, thick cut bacon wraped beef filets for everyone. Looks like forty as of now. Some may not eat it, some may eat more then one. Will need a few more grills to help with the cooking. You all will have to figure in the time for the grilling. I hope we don't go hungry at the GC@CL. Some red wine and beer ought to pair nicely with these.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #12494

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

K. Tell ya wut, if there is flap jacks, fish breading, et al, we probly have the GF for it, and it will taste so dandy good the rest of the RVMs may clamor for it. We make some mean good GF onion rings!
Dave - That's really what I think people are suggesting when they ask for a sign up list. Several (probably half or more) have some special requirements - but most eat lots of things others without those requirements can and do enjoy. So it really isn't a big issue. Example: On Mardi Gras night - if gumbo is made with slimy okra, crawfish, shrimp and such - those who don't eat it can eat Turkey etc.

We just need to be sure we have the right amount of sides at each gathering. Salad - Cooked / Raw Veggies - breads, condiments - cheese, rice crackers (no wheat lol) etc. It won't be difficult - just need a little structure around it.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #12495

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE
Steve I haven't read past this post. Got behind. We are planning on bringing Kansas fattened, thick cut bacon wraped beef filets for everyone. Looks like forty as of now. Some may not eat it, some may eat more then one. Will need a few more grills to help with the cooking. You all will have to figure in the time for the grilling. I hope we don't go hungry at the GC@CL.
Hey Don - that is so much more than generous!! And - bacon wrapped too boot!! I can't help on the grill - as ours is a tiny thing.

The Itinerary currently has Wild Game and Grilling Extravaganza scheduled for Sunday Night - 4/27 - perfect evening for a bacon wrapped filet!

My EDIT -I see you added a line about red and brewskis ---- always a good pairing with steaks!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #12496

Quote:

Hey Don - that is so much more than generous!! And - bacon wrapped too boot!! I can't help on the grill - as ours is a tiny thing.

The Itinerary currently has Wild Game and Grilling Extravaganza scheduled for Sunday Night - 4/27 - perfect evening for a bacon wrapped filet!

My EDIT -I see you added a line about red and brewskis ---- always a good pairing with steaks!

Hey Don ,

I have a grill that does rare & medium rare I'd be happy to help.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #12497

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

I thought there was some big grills there... but I might have dreamt of hearing of that....
Old 03-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #12498

Fleetwood Owners Club
These!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	395.4 KB
ID:	58074  
Old 03-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #12499

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski
These!
Tim - you take such great CG pics - you should start a CG Rating and Guide Site!

Seems when I talked to CL these were were described as fire rings - not grills - but we could bring as many grills to the pavilion as we wanted to. They even said I Could out the smoker there and leave it.... I'm sure there will be plenty of grills on hand.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #12500

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Tim - you take such great CG pics - you should start a CG Rating and Guide Site!

Seems when I talked to CL these were were described as fire rings - not grills - but we could bring as many grills to the pavilion as we wanted to. They even said I Could out the smoker there and leave it.... I'm sure there will be plenty of grills on hand.
Actually they are grills that we can use as fire pits. The grating might actually be a problem for fire pits cause they are attached and swivel out of the way to allow charcoal to be added. When there they looked like they had been used for fire pits before.
Should have EZ-Go cart and firewood there so if we need to move thing around it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:00 AM   #12501

We have a smallish propane grill. dH likes well done, so thats a great idea to have several, one for each doneness (is that a word)
While i do prefer med rare.

And i too ask indulgences for those not coming.... But its like the Disneyland commercial "i'm too excited to sleep".
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #12502

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They will have longhorns mounted above the windshields right? Rattlesnakes in a bucket in the wet bay? Air horns that play Dixie?

Dixie? No No, It will be THE EYES OF TEXAS!!!

Cart is offline   Reply With Quote