Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #13315

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Proposed Time Change on the Bacon Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Maybe he is thinking that would be a good time as it is about when his second coffee break of the morning starts? My "W" scedule is so varried as to time, I try to go with the flow. Like others, my day starts when the fur baby wants it to.
I am open to dropping the 8:30 a.m. coffee on Friday, Sunday and Monday Morning. It was a courtesy and I was going to provide our large pot and the coffee for 1 pot, and possibly look for someone to start it (or start it myself and go back to sleep) if I felt like it. I think Wayne and possibly Sue have large coffee pots as well if folks wanted supply and run a decaf pot. I can set mine up on my picnic table instead of in the pavilion as planned and folks can wander over and serve themselves.

As for the Bacon Challenge - we can change that to:
Cooking begins at 10 a.m.
Judging at 10:45 – 11:00 with Brunch immediately thereafter.

The early start time was to give folks more time away during the day on Friday. There does seem to be a contingent that is largely happy to mutate at the GC and get to know their fellow RVMs versus running around the beautiful state of Arkansas. There’s nothing wrong with either approach but if a later start is better AND I'm sensing it is - let's got with later.

All those in favor, I - any second and it's done!!
Let's get ready to mutate.
Steve and Annie
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #13316

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
One thing we have learned in the pleasant SW weather is that there are times when the wind will....POUND THE CRAP OUT OF YOU. Two straight days and one to go.

I feel like I am on a cruise ship!

Tomorrow we go to Kartchners Caverns. No wind underground.
Right?
Dave, I'll trade you the wind down there for the 15 deg night here!
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #13317

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
okmunky - - My DW would like to zip line but she and I are trying to arrange a fishing adventure with Steve and Annie (probably a 1/2 day with a guide). She can't do both unless they're different days. So she might be last minute depending on the information that Steve gathers concerning our fishing adventure.
Steve - I think we agreed to Tuesday 4/29 but Monday morning is open as well (so far I have not put together any Tips and Tricks sessions for Monday ) ... I will get with a Guide either this week or early next week and see what's best and open. Will get back to you.
steve
Old 03-26-2014, 09:45 PM   #13318

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBelly View Post
Dave, I'll trade you the wind down there for the 15 deg night here!
I do not trade for cold. Nonono!
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1634798426.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	59342
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:49 PM   #13319

Steve. May I second your motion?

If an hour later, more happy faces from more Western time zones, and still time to venture downtown.

The Garvan Gardens are way cool, as well as many other spots.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #13320

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Steve, i will look for a stick og bologna to add to smoker... That is some good eating...
That sounds GREAT!. Was once a BBQ staple but these days, not so much. Only issue I have is not knowing how how long it should stay in / smoke. This smoker runs pretty much like an oven - get her humming at about 350 degrees and you can get a turkey done at normal cook time - and the smoke and injection is awesome.

It can be slowed down (lower temp), but it's really handy as an oven. Like cranking her up to 350 with charcoal - no wood - and bake a 30 or 40 potato’s at a time.

Any way - My bologna has a first name, it's... everybody sing.
RVM2
Old 03-26-2014, 10:07 PM   #13321

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm only speaking for myself, but I suspect others may feel similar. I am planning to spend my time at the GC getting to know all my new mutant friends. Arkansas attractions will be there for a very long time -- at least the good ones will. These 38-? friends may never all be in the same place again. I can tour AR before or after the GC if I had a burning desire. I don't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #13322

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Vote Carries - Itinerary Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Steve. May I second your motion?

If an hour later, more happy faces from more Western time zones, and still time to venture downtown.

The Garvan Gardens are way cool, as well as many other spots.
To Better Accommodate Mutant Morning Behaviors The Following Changes Have Been Made to the Web Site / The Printiable Itinearary.

The 8:30 am morning Coffee's have been removed from the Itinerary
The Great Bacon Challenge Will be from 10:00 – 10:45 am – Judging from 10:45 – 11:00 with Brunch Immediately Thereafter.

We will have our coffee pot at the Bacon Challenge, otherwise based on request.

Annie and I will visit the Gardens. We are also working to arrange the guided fishing outing with Steve and Mary Ann. Other than we're pretty much hanging at the mutation.

The pace can be as fast or slow as you like it. For us, it's vacation and CL is the place to be.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:49 PM   #13323

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I am open to dropping the 8:30 a.m. coffee on Friday, Sunday and Monday Morning. It was a courtesy and I was going to provide our large pot and the coffee for 1 pot, and possibly look for someone to start it (or start it myself and go back to sleep) if I felt like it. I think Wayne and possibly Sue have large coffee pots as well if folks wanted supply and run a decaf pot. I can set mine up on my picnic table instead of in the pavilion as planned and folks can wander over and serve themselves.

As for the Bacon Challenge - we can change that to:
Cooking begins at 10 a.m.
Judging at 10:45 – 11:00 with Brunch immediately thereafter.

The early start time was to give folks more time away during the day on Friday. There does seem to be a contingent that is largely happy to mutate at the GC and get to know their fellow RVMs versus running around the beautiful state of Arkansas. There’s nothing wrong with either approach but if a later start is better AND I'm sensing it is - let's got with later.

All those in favor, I - any second and it's done!!
Let's get ready to mutate.
Steve and Annie
RVM2
I have a timer that has 2 outlets and another with one... I'll bring those so no one must get up early to start coffee as long as it is set up the night before! (mumbles to self...ok, get that on the list now too so ya don't ferget it!)
Old 03-26-2014, 11:04 PM   #13324

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I have a timer that has 2 outlets and another with one... I'll bring those so no one must get up early to start coffee as long as it is set up the night before! (mumbles to self...ok, get that on the list now too so ya don't ferget it!)
Somewhere in Bonita there are two timers ... LOL... I'm sure Annie knows where.

If ya remember great. If not - no worries. Thanks mucho!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:18 PM   #13325

Vintage RV Owners Club
Then again... DH gets up early(5:30) almost everyday ... I'm sure he would be willing to do some early tasks...He likes being helpful and likes cooking.... on the flip side... he doesn't last past 10:00PM usually either... so he won't be very helpful in cleanup chores then....
Old 03-27-2014, 12:33 AM   #13326

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Being a night owl, I'll gladly trade my early morning duties for Bob's evening chores.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 AM   #13327

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'm only speaking for myself, but I suspect others may feel similar. I am planning to spend my time at the GC getting to know all my new mutant friends. Arkansas attractions will be there for a very long time -- at least the good ones will. These 38-? friends may never all be in the same place again. I can tour AR before or after the GC if I had a burning desire. I don't.
Been there done that... ARKANSAS, and will more, i might venture to Garvan Gardens for a photo shoot, and the jeep trail, but other than that. We are in camp....visiting, or in my case, talking....... Smile
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #13328

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
From Earlene: (CinCHouse has spoken)

"Wayne has failed to mention that we are taking extra appliances to assist. We have a double-sided waffle maker and an Emeril deep fryer that we can load aboard if Wayne will leave behind things in the bays he hasn't used since 1945. There won't be traditional egg white batter, but buttermilk batter with a little Irish cream or Kahlua will make the waffles palatable. We always have a large griddle for pancakes and the "b" word and ubiquitous small kitchen appliances which are available for anyone to use as well."

She is lying about 1945, I was only 4 then and couldn't pack, or drive.
We need to be nice and be sure and clean-up whatever we use so Earlene
will volunteer again.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote