Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #14295

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Very well said, Dave! I'm excited that the GC is just a week away, but sad for the RVMs that won't be able to join us.

Ladies and Gentlemen -- Start your engines! It's time to head towards Catherine's Landing. This year that's the end of the Rainbow nearest the elusive Pot o' Gold.

Maybe next year more RVMs will be able to join us. I suggest that we seriously consider setting a time and a place for the second Grande Curiosity very soon so those RVMs that still w**k can arrange vacation time.

Let's go ride the Rainbow, Y'all!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #14296

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Morning Muteys!

Top-o-the-Mornin to ya all!

Oh Majestic One (Dave) thank you for so eloquently pontificating such a glorious historical rendition of our brief but alabaster past. As always we bow to your leadership and wisdom as we move ever closer to the First Ever Never To Be Duplicated Grand Curiosity of the highest order. Pray tell oh Majestic Potentate what the official "opening of the kimona" may due to bring your humble order to a higher state of enlightenment? Will we be forever mutated to a new and more sick twisted state of mutantdom? Only you know Royal One. We can't wait to be in your Curious presence!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #14297

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Morning Muteys!

Top-o-the-Mornin to ya all!

Oh Majestic One (Dave) thank you for so eloquently pontificating such a glorious historical rendition of our brief but alabaster past. As always we bow to your leadership and wisdom as we move ever closer to the First Ever Never To Be Duplicated Grand Curiosity of the highest order. Pray tell oh Majestic Potentate what the official "opening of the kimona" may due to bring your humble order to a higher state of enlightenment? Will we be forever mutated to a new and more sick twisted state of mutantdom? Only you know Royal One. We can't wait to be in your Curious presence!

Y'all make me blush now darnit.

When the kimono opens, all will know what truths are therein.

Please remember that if all goes well I will accept the responsibilty. If not, please remember that Steve started this thread. ;-)

Dave and Nola - RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #14298

Tiffin Owners Club
Don:
Go ahead and do what is required at Cooper Lake. I assume the laundering fee will be less then one zillion per-cent.

PSS:
We have no TV (readers) but we also level with a ramp (boards)

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:12 PM   #14299

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Shhh... After Mutant Nap Time we will finger paint. Shhhh.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #14300

Forest River Owners Club
Here's to all you STM's on the road going to the GC or any other destination [Journey]. Safe travels!!! ::

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #14301

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sandee & I went back to CLSP today. Later I will post some more specific info on the sites. A couple of the pull through sites I didn't like at first weren't so bad. We stopped at the office to have them trim back tree branches at 4 of the spots we looked at. Nothing drastic.

We drove the route via 380 through Greenville to I30 and then north on 19 (Exit 122). I like that route better.

We are meeting Steve and Annie tonight for dinner. I'll probably post the site info tomorrow. There isn't anything drastic in what we found.

If you plan on using the park dump site, it is easy to get to and can take 2 units at a time.

It is really sad how low the water table is in this entire area. We walked over a "fishing bridge" while there today. No water under it except some mud puddles.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #14302

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Shhh... After Mutant Nap Time we will finger paint. Shhhh.
MAN, you had to bring that up! I failed finger painting in the 8th grade. It was traumatic.

Along with that, I kill plastic plants. I have no artistic capabilities at all.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #14303

Afternoon, my mutated friends! Exciting times are upon us as we ponder our ever-growing concatenation of friendships, as we gather for the FEGC @ CL and the Texas conglomeration at that other CL. And as we watch from afar and scheme for future curiosities.

It's been a little unsettled here on the hill, what with Martin's broken wrist and trying to sell the Wrangler. However: the surgeon looked at fresh X-rays today and declared the wrist repair perfect, with no more need for the sling. We still have to see him next Wednesday, however, so are planning to be all ready to head out by Tuesday night. That way we can boogie out straight after the MD visit and possibly still make it to HS by mid- to late-afternoon on Thursday.

I'd hate to miss the opening ceremonies, after all the hype and all the planning and preparations!!! Looks like I'd better get my skates on if I want to be ready!

Woo-hoo! Exciting times, I say!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 04-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #14304

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz
Afternoon, my mutated friends! Exciting times are upon us as we ponder our ever-growing concatenation of friendships, as we gather for the FEGC @ CL and the Texas conglomeration at that other CL. And as we watch from afar and scheme for future curiosities.

It's been a little unsettled here on the hill, what with Martin's broken wrist and trying to sell the Wrangler. However: the surgeon looked at fresh X-rays today and declared the wrist repair perfect, with no more need for the sling. We still have to see him next Wednesday, however, so are planning to be all ready to head out by Tuesday night. That way we can boogie out straight after the MD visit and possibly still make it to HS by mid- to late-afternoon on Thursday.

I'd hate to miss the opening ceremonies, after all the hype and all the planning and preparations!!! Looks like I'd better get my skates on if I want to be ready!

Cheers!
Sue
Sue - you just slow roll and get there safely. I don't have a video camera but suspect someone will. If you do please step forward... We need camera crews!!

I talked to Tim today and we still aren't sure what kind of cables his friend has with his video projector - but I'm sure we can get it to hook up to my laptop or someone else's. The idea being to make a slide show of still pics and run video through the projector on the last night. That way we can all share in the various mutations whether we were there or not. Like when Mary Ann and Annie out fish the two Steve's I can edit their fish onto our rods!! I have already warned the guide about this LOL.

All mutants everywhere - please be safe!
RVM2 - Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #14305

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
MAN, you had to bring that up! I failed finger painting in the 8th grade. It was traumatic.

Along with that, I kill plastic plants. I have no artistic capabilities at all.
Aww... gee... the only way you can fail finger painting is to eat the finger paints... and the outcome of that is pretty colorful... don't ask me how I know that... I raised 4 little boys.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #14306

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Sandee & I went back to CLSP today.
If you plan on using the park dump site, it is easy to get to and can take 2 units at a time.
Don would that be a two-holer?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #14307

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

It's been a little unsettled here on the hill, what with Martin's broken wrist and trying to sell the Wrangler. However: the surgeon looked at fresh X-rays today and declared the wrist repair perfect, with no more need ............

Cheers!
Sue
Sometimes what is written is not what is read! Thought you were going to say. ........to sell the Wrangler! lol

Sue y'all take your time and get here safe!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #14308

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have a small inexpensive video camera that I don't know how to use and am not sure where the instructions might be. My past attempts of trying to commit anything to fil... Uh, digital media card have been thwarted by RVM Head Mascot, Sena.

Should anyone care to give it a go, I'll gladly hand it over. My iPad will also do video, and I will lend it to anyone sober enough to take great care with my only means of mutation communication. And I will probably have to have someone transfer said video to another storage device. I do have a connection kit for the old iPad that doesn't possess a camera. Wrong plug issue. I can get an adapter if someone will let me know tonight so it has time to be shipped. I don't shop in electronic stores as they don't have customer reviews next to each product and I have learned the hard way not to trust the children who work in them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote