Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #14505

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY
HELP!!!!!!

My fridge ain't big 'nuff.

Do men ever know how to pack the "car"?

My back is sore from carrying stuff out to the MH. After we take our showers we'll be on the road.

Be safe brother. C'ya soon.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #14506

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
...I'm already looking forward to a Midwest Curiosity, so we can spend more time together. ...
We will be back to D&W Lake May 8th through June 5th. During that time we have to leave D&W because for 3 events.

1. May 14th through the afternoon of the 16th we will be up in Normal, IL at Cross Point Cummins getting our generator FULLY serviced. The big 1000 hour service.

2. After we leave Cross Point we need to find a place for 2 nights (May 16th & 17th). We didn't get our reservations in at D&W in time to get a spot and they are booked for the U of I Graduation.

3. We have a HS graduation party on May 31st for my favorite niece!

After that...we be GOING, GOING, GONE from the midwest for quite some time we think.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:57 AM   #14507

Quote:
All y'all getting on the road make me feet itchy .. Need to roll! However, I still have to clear out the rest of the "basement" before I can repack! Ugh! My least favorite part.

No takers on the Tootsie Roll beverage? Oh well: more for me! 'Course there's always Skip and Go Naked...or Barefoot, for the family version.

Y'all be safe out there on the road. There are lots of superannuated folk on the roads these days, driving these huge motor homes and pulling 5ers, and you know reflexes and vision and decision-making suffer after ... oh, about 65. Or is that 70?

Oh, oops! That's us! Be vewwy, vewwy careful!

Cheers!
Sue

Sue. I too am itchy to move...... Your drinks sound so good, i will take tiny tiny bit.... But just a little bit...... Be safe

Diane is on my iPad using iRV2 mobile app........
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #14508

Safety first..... All mutants please be safe on the roads... Lits of teavelers, lots on construction, lits of STM movement. Better to be slow than not at all..... Tortoise ya soon...

Old 04-20-2014, 09:05 AM   #14509

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wayne - my map shows 225 miles and 3 1/2 hours with traffic. My exact words on the Email group were - "Barb - Tx rolls in Wednesday. Probably not before 2 - but I'm guessing..."

Still think sometime not too much after 2 is doable - 3 - 4ish on the outside??

What say the Texas contingent? Rolling at 10 am - 10:30... 11:00...
I really don't know what the check out time is from CLSP but I will double check that. I figure we will be jacks up by 10ish. If we don't accumulate too much grey & black tank matter we will roll to the office and hook up there. Otherwise, a quick stop at the dump station before we get to the office for hook up. So we should be out of CLSP by 11 am.

We are planning 4 hours from parking spot to parking spot with a stop at the Arkansas welcome center past Texarkana for Gunny & Thor. We don't hurry and plan 60-62 MPH pace. While it might be a grand sight to have 8 MHs in a caravan, it might be better to break that up to avoid a bunch of us waiting in line at Catherine's Landing office. LOL
Old 04-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #14510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Sue. I too am itchy to move...... Your drinks sound so good, i will take tiny tiny bit.... But just a little bit...... Be safe

Ok, yer on! You can drink out of the shot glass then, right? We'll say a teensy tinesy "cheers!"

Cheers!
Sue
Old 04-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #14511

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wayne - my map shows 225 miles and 3 1/2 hours with traffic. My exact words on the Email group were - "Barb - Tx rolls in Wednesday. Probably not before 2 - but I'm guessing..."

Still think sometime not too much after 2 is doable - 3 - 4ish on the outside??

What say the Texas contingent? Rolling at 10 am - 10:30... 11:00...
Bull, Buddy! Gotta git dem doggies movin' fore sun up. Bacon and red-eye gravy hit the skillet at 5 a.m. Daylight's aburnin'. Git um up, move um out, Rawhiiiiiiidddddde!!!!!
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #14512
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
[...]No takers on the Tootsie Roll beverage? Oh well: more for me! 'Course there's always Skip and Go Naked...or Barefoot, for the family version.[...]
Cheers!
Sue
Sue, I'll try your Tootsie Roll Beverage if you try my Smoothie (has alcohol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
I really don't know what the check out time is from CLSP but I will double check that. I figure we will be jacks up by 10ish. If we don't accumulate too much grey & black tank matter we will roll to the office and hook up there. Otherwise, a quick stop at the dump station before we get to the office for hook up. So we should be out of CLSP by 11 am.

We are planning 4 hours from parking spot to parking spot with a stop at the Arkansas welcome center past Texarkana for Gunny & Thor. We don't hurry and plan 60-62 MPH pace. While it might be a grand sight to have 8 MHs in a caravan, it might be better to break that up to avoid a bunch of us waiting in line at Catherine's Landing office. LOL
Don, I like the stop for the pups and the speed limit 60-62 is perfect. I don't think being in line is that much of a big thing. For GC@CL, We all have site assignments already. I'm wondering if they would let us all just go to our site and then come up and settle with them. Not like we are going to escape without paying. Only need a site map to get to the site.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:34 AM   #14513

Texas Boomers Club
[QUOTE=Diwizi;2017782]Sue. I too am itchy to move...... Your drinks sound so good, i will take tiny tiny bit.... But just a little bit...... Be safe

Sue, Di and Teffy and I will look forward to actively participating in the consumption of your exotic beverages. Friends don't let friends drink alone. From the names it appears that these beverages are guaranteed to destroy any inhibitions we might inadvertently drag to the GC@CL.

Wish you'd be standin' at the gate when Texas arrives!

I'm gonna try to pack the refrigerator now. Maybe I can do as good of a job as Bob (TEFFY) did.
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #14514

Tiffin Owners Club
We're gone - house sitter will be here after church.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #14515

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'll be checking in at CL on Tuesday and will warn them about the Texas Exodus caravan arriving and ask if they will allow y'all to go to your assigned site prior to doing the paperwork. They already have our credit card numbers so it's not as if anyone can skip out without paying.

Wayne, here's the site map.

http://rvcoutdoors.com/catherines-la...anding-map.pdf
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #14516

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
BTW...another beautiful day in CLSP!

Low 70s right now, gentle south breeze, partly cloudy and time for another great bike ride is at hand. Yesterday's bike ride went well and was the first major test since my left knee surgery. Only did about 10 miles but with the hills and not being in bike season shape, it was enough. Knee did great!

Chance of rain in the forecast starting around 8pm. Monday looks like chance of rain and even Tstorms through out the day. Tuesday...LOOOOOOKINNNGGG GOOOOOD!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #14517

My Mardis Gras rose, my Purple Iris, my Dear Hubby, Larry....... All in the front yard... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1398012329.825804.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	497.9 KB
ID:	60979Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1398012370.978634.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	589.0 KB
ID:	60980Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1398012387.899493.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	847.1 KB
ID:	60981Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1398012399.546976.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	984.0 KB
ID:	60982

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day......

Old 04-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #14518

[QUOTE=jnebowman;2017837]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post

Sue, Di and Teffy and I will look forward to actively participating in the consumption of your exotic beverages. Friends don't let friends drink alone. From the names it appears that these beverages are guaranteed to destroy any inhibitions we might inadvertently drag to the GC@CL.

Wish you'd be standin' at the gate when Texas arrives!

I'm gonna try to pack the refrigerator now. Maybe I can do as good of a job as Bob (TEFFY) did.

Man I wish I could be there at the gate when y'all roll in! I could hand out samples of those exotic bevvies as you get ready to park your various rigs. Mmm, backing in could be vewwy, vewwy interesting!

Wayne has offered a fair trade: smoothie for exotic. Small portions, for me, I think. Wha' inhubishuns?

Keep in mind, Martin and I were both previously married to bona fide alcoholics, so neither one of us cares much for the later effects of imbibing. Plus, I like to know what my eyes are going to do before they do it! Like roll around in my head?

Right, then. Bella has been cleared and is ready for the reload. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

Making ice cream this afternoon, soon after the herbed-butter leg of lamb has been reduced to rubble. Hope there's room in Bella's freezer!

Cheers!
Sue