Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2014, 06:20 PM   #15289

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Dave - I found this pic of Dunner as a wee lad on mutant-tree.com
Attachment 62236
It looks to me as if he's had / been a beaker for a long time.

Hang in there Mike.

Me thinks you are right, Steve.
He also looks like me cousin Bill.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2014, 06:21 PM   #15290

Tiffin Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
And there was NO BACON pictured, or maybe it was tucked neatly into the gentleman's hat?

Sorry, I forgot rule number 29, show the bacon. Here it is a few hours earlier.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399422064.093465.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	906.3 KB
ID:	62243

And I know it's a little crispy, but I like it that way.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #15291

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mutant Service Announcement
Don't forget to use the Contact Us form on www.rvmutants.com to submit your mutantlicious recipes.

I have looked and have yet to find the celery / walnut salad recipe to name one of my favorites - but this isn't about me and what I liked - it's about compiling the First Ever RV Mutant Cookbook. I know at least one recipe was posted on the thread and I caught it - but the best way to communicate anything you want captured is via the web Contact Us @ www.rvmutants.com

Let's get those delicious mutant meals - sides - snack and dearest into the cookbook!!

Steve and Mary Ann - thanks for using the Contact Us form!!

RVM2
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #15292

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Mutant Service Announcement
Don't forget to use the Contact Us form on www.rvmutants.com to submit your mutantlicious recipes.

I have looked and have yet to find the celery / walnut salad recipe to name one of my favorites - but this isn't about me and what I liked - it's about compiling the First Ever RV Mutant Cookbook. I know at least one recipe was posted on the thread and I caught it - but the best way to communicate anything you want captured is via the web Contact Us @ www.rvmutants.com

Let's get those delicious mutant meals - sides - snack and dearest into the cookbook!!

Steve and Mary Ann - thanks for using the Contact Us form!!

RVM2
Steve and Annie

Celery salad? Musta been mine, since I didn't see any others. I'll get over there right smart and post it.

Anything else? Tootsie Rolls? Too easy!
Molded chocolate pops? Sorry, can't give any recipe since there isn't one.
Skip and Go Naked? (Or Barefoot). We never got around to that, did we?

Cheers!
Sue
Old 05-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #15293

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mike, I have utmost sympathy for your plight. Many years ago, I was in hospital needing pain meds, rang for nurse, as I had slept past dosage time, she came in and yelled at me for bothering her, had to go check chart to make sure I was due to get meds. Came back in with little pill cup, pulled the bedside tray away from bed placed the cup on the tray and walked out. I was incapable of getting to the meds. When Dr. came in for evening check, I could only point at that time. He went and raised hell down at nurses station, when she came in later to check my BP and pulse (long time ago--before fancy automatic BP cuffs) she dug her finger nail into my wrist and cut it so it was bleeding. Never saw her after that shift, and to this day I have No Idea why she treated me like that. My Dr. told me that pain is easier to control if it is kept at bay and not allowed to Flair.
Anyway that has nothing to do with you, just a bit of explanation for my supreme empathy for you, being in PAIN. Hope it gets better, and you gain freedom soon, as that will mean you are better. OH YEAH!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #15294

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz

Celery salad? Musta been mine, since I didn't see any others. I'll get over there right smart and post it.

Anything else? Tootsie Rolls? Too easy!
Molded chocolate pops? Sorry, can't give any recipe since there isn't one.
Skip and Go Naked? (Or Barefoot). We never got around to that, did we?

Cheers!
Sue
Sue - did your celery salad have walnuts in it? LOL!!

Also libations are always a part of a great cookbook.

Steve
Old 05-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #15295

Healing ohms and ohms of comfort please

Sunday, my son-in-law was sawing trim boards for the interior side of his newly installed windows. Well, one of the boards jumped up as it was going through the saw blade and his left hand fell towards the blade (he was using a push stick at the time). Imagine your own left thumb, the saw blade penetrated the thumb at the knuckle closest to the thumbnail. The blade failed to sever the thumb by about 1/4 to 1/3 of the width of his thumb.

Knuckle was rendered useless for future use. Tendons were severed. Major blood vessel was missed by a few mm. He was cleaned and sewed up on Sunday and faces surgery this coming week to deal with tendons and putting a rod in his thumb. It will no longer bend except at the base of the thumb.

Lots of pain and heavy meds until then. Probably no rehab since rehab will not help the useless tip. Your prayers would be appreciated.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #15296

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve - Annie talked to Mary Ann this afternoon and we sent Ommss his way then - and a parcel of em now. Thanks for posting - as biting my tongue was starting to hurt...

Oooommmmms of healing to all in need. Especially Mike and now Steve and Mary Anns SIL.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #15297

Judy, my throat is in a constant pain of at least 1-3. It feels like constant heartburn in the upper chest.

The last time I was in the hospital, I had heartburn so bad that I told the nurse that if I didn't get something, I was going to throw up to get rid of the acid. She says: We have meds for that. She couldn't understand that I didn't need nausea meds. She kept repeating herself. I finally yelled at her to get out of my room and send her spvr in. I told the spvr exactly how it went and that this nurse could speak English, but not understand it.

Her spvr talked to her and after that, she became a sweetheart and did everything for me. Guess it pays to squeak.

I realize that they can only give meds every so often, but I couldn't even talk to a Dr.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #15298

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Sunday, my son-in-law was sawing trim boards for the interior side of his newly installed windows. Well, one of the boards jumped up as it was going through the saw blade and his left hand fell towards the blade (he was using a push stick at the time). Imagine your own left thumb, the saw blade penetrated the thumb at the knuckle closest to the thumbnail. The blade failed to sever the thumb by about 1/4 to 1/3 of the width of his thumb.

Knuckle was rendered useless for future use. Tendons were severed. Major blood vessel was missed by a few mm. He was cleaned and sewed up on Sunday and faces surgery this coming week to deal with tendons and putting a rod in his thumb. It will no longer bend except at the base of the thumb.

Lots of pain and heavy meds until then. Probably no rehab since rehab will not help the useless tip. Your prayers would be appreciated.
So sad to hear of this mishap...and X2 for healing OOooMMmms for all!
Old 05-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #15299

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Exactly, Mike, the pain should be kept at lowest level and not be spiking to where you can't stand it!
Old 05-06-2014, 08:05 PM   #15300

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
On the way back to camp, a rider on a stinky, whiney, crotch rocket Attachment 61982revs his motor up and down continuously for the 100 second light change.

Rang-a-dang-dang-dang....Rang-a-dang-dang-dang....

I'm guessing the tail light is high enough to hide his plumbers butt.

Fortuitous that the dual-exhaust pipe protuding under his seat looks like a pigs nose.
Probably needs a tune up really badly, cause it don't idle but just dies like all good crotch rockets should...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Lighten up peeps. It's hard to type through tears.

I went into the ER on the 25th. Spent 4-5 days in the ICU and have been moved to several floors. Got a G-tube yesterday and am on a pump with Jifity. BP tanked to 82 today, so I couldn't go to an assisted care facility. It's back up to 99, but they want to keep me overnight and see if it stays up.

My main problem is I aspirate when I eat and food goes into my lungs. I think I have always done that. I'm on NPO, but get ice chips. Kinda like sipping yogurt instead of just swallowing it. That caused the pneumonia. My throat is still very raw from the cancer, but it is gone. Had a PET scan last week, very sore to the count of a 10 at times. They do give me 4mg of morphine as needed. Woopie. Also get Adivan.

They do let me walk around with someone with me and the feeding machine. Finally going to get a shower in about 10 minutes. Stinkin Mutant. Been over a week.

Thanks for the sympathy,

Mike
Hey Dunner, glad to hear you are doing better...

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #15301

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck

Probably needs a tune up really badly, cause it don't idle but just dies like all good crotch rockets should...

Hey Dunner, glad to hear you are doing better...
Hey Don - Quack Quack --- left ya voice mail the other day. Been Wondering what happened to ya!!!

When ya can - give me a call...
Steve
Old 05-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #15302

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue - thanks for using the Contact Us form. I now have the celery recipe!!!!!!

Yummy!