Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #15443

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
. . . Would it surprise you to know that Allegiance (extended warranty company) decided that it was normal wear and tear and was thus not a covered item. So . . . . . the cost of repair is on me. I didn't even feel like asking for an estimate when I talked to the repair shop.
By chance, did you purchase the extended warranty through Wholesale Warranties? If so, I have read that people who bought warranties through them & had problems with a claim, Wholesale Warranties got involved & helped with having the denied claim flipped to approved.

Steve, I also found this info posted by SkyBoss back in 2012.... I am negotiating with GO RV for a Allegiance/CSI policy. Very impressed with GO RV's attention to my many questions. Here is a tidbit I learned...

If you purchase an extended warranty (I assume any brand) and the company is based in Illinois, be careful. Illinois it the only state with special rules that says such policies can NOT cover breakdowns caused by "normal wear and tear".

From the contract:
Section VI. EXCLUSIONS – WHAT THIS MOTOR HOME SERVICE AGREEMENT DOES NOT COVER- This section is amended to include the following:
(26) THE MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN OF ANY COVERED PART RESULTING FROM NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR.

Read the sample contracts very carefully and the pages covering state rules. Any special adjustments based on state laws are governed by the state of the broker you buy it from. In the case of GO RV my governing rules are based on TX rules and not my home state of IL.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #15444

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=janlee2;2044457 We will do what we can..no rush..no worries. Take care everyone [/QUOTE]

Love that quote, glad things coming together!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #15445

Texas Boomers Club
Someone asked for statistics on the FEGC@CL. Here's what I got:

ATTENDING THE FEGC@CL:
22 rigs registered
-3 cancellations: #13, #43, #52
19 Attending: #1, #2, #5, #14, #17, #18, #22, #27, #28, #31, #32, #36, #39, #45, #48, #50, #58, #64, #73
+2 new RVMs #78, #79
21 RVMs or (42 STMs) attending

Please let me know if I missed anyone.

I have a spreadsheet with photos because it REALLY DID HAPPEN. Included FREE: a genuine copy of the CL seating chart! whoa! Let me know via PM if you want a copy.

jne
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #15446

Texas Boomers Club
Okay. The cows have come home to Texas ...

And, coming through Jackson, MS we roped a big ol' truck tire cap. It took out the left parking light, air scoop, and the brackets, muffler and tailpipe to the generator. Nice.

Some Ketchup here:

Don't know much about you yet, Mike, but take care. I've seen lots of folks keep on truckin' down the road when it looked like they wanted to just jump off a bridge. I've often wondered if it was a choice. Want me to come out there and cheer you up?

Di, I'm so glad you are through the surgery. It's always good to get that stuff behind us so we can let the good times roll again.

Barb, as usually you are there with what I need. My daughter just called and said they bought a new truck and need to get their 2002 Saturn SL2 out of the driveway. So, I'm thinkin' "hummmm. Reckon what kind of a tow thingy I would need." And guess what you said? Thanks, Barb.

Wayne, I'll be callin' you about the wiring. Ranger sends his love to his Love.

Sure miss alla y'all. I think I'll go somewhere and cry. (or drink) ...

jne
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:36 PM   #15447

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
There are LOTS of states that allow being inside a travel trailer or 5th wheel while being towed.
In Arkansas, they only allow mother-in-laws & wives that are milking the system after an operation, to ride in a towed vehicle.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #15448

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mike,

The pneumonia shot your Dr gave you was for bacterial pneumonia. You have aspirational pneumonia. The 2 are not anything alike and nothing can protect you from what you got except not getting food and drink in your lungs.

Work on those exercises and make sure you keep your chin slightly tucked when you swallow anything. Thicker liquids are easier to swallow without aspirating.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #15449

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Mike,

The pneumonia shot your Dr gave you was for bacterial pneumonia. You have aspirational pneumonia. The 2 are not anything alike and nothing can protect you from what you got except not getting food and drink in your lungs.

Work on those exercises and make sure you keep your chin slightly tucked when you swallow anything. Thicker liquids are easier to swallow without aspirating.
I was going to say something but Barb said it better. Do like she says.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #15450

When I had my 33' 5er, the upper front window would alway vibrate open and destroy the blind, so there must be some other movements going on. I ended up strapping the window permanently shut. No amount of cranking on the knob would keep it from opening. I even put a screw through the knob into the frame and it still came loose.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #15451

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jne - welcome back to Texas!
Sorry to hear a road gator got yer tail pipe etc.
Those things are downright dangerous.

I'm with you - don't know whether to cry, drink or both. Maybe I'll call Dr Phill and see what he says!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #15452

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Mike,

When my dad had an aspiration problem, the speech therapist gave him a thickening agent to put in drinking water, to help avoid the problem. He was fine until he decided to refuse the thickener. That was when he developed aspirational pneumonia. (We should have refused him the water, of course. Ain't hindsight a bugger!)

Please do as Barb (and your therapist and doctor) tell ya. They really do have your best interests at heart, in spite of how it may seem at times.

We're all pulling for you, you know already. Keep us posted. Tomorrow's the day, hurray, hurray!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 05-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #15453

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch

Cup is half full Mike! Always half full and never half empty!
X2 Mike
Buck up buckaroo. We're all pulling for ya but ya gotta pull too - and that means behaving yourself and following doctors orders. You'll be home before ya know it.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #15454

All, it was just now throughly explained to me. The shot does no good. I have been given some swallowing exercises. They hurt my throat and may work in 4-6 months. I was told that I could be silent aspirating and can't cough up anything. Going to take time. I have no need to swallow soup or Ensure, other than for the satisfaction of eating. I may do ice cream. There is some sweetness there. I have a strong sweet tooth, plus the cold will soothe my throat.

The nurse just came in and disconnected the pump. She will start bolus feeding me in an hour. 350 cc every 4 hours. That's a lot of syringes to fill and pump into my belly. Been there twice before and have a plan. I feel so free not being tied to a machine that makes obscene and funny noises. Maybe I could use a fish tank pump to automatically feed a desired amount into me. Leave it to Dunner to find an easier way to do something.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #15455

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
Someone asked for statistics on the FEGC@CL. Here's what I got:

ATTENDING THE FEGC@CL:
22 rigs registered
-3 cancellations: #13, #43, #52
19 Attending: #1, #2, #5, #14, #17, #18, #22, #27, #28, #31, #32, #36, #39, #45, #48, #50, #58, #64, #73
+2 new RVMs #78, #79
21 RVMs or (42 STMs) attending

Please let me know if I missed anyone.

I have a spreadsheet with photos because it REALLY DID HAPPEN. Included FREE: a genuine copy of the CL seating chart! whoa! Let me know via PM if you want a copy.

jne
Oh I'd take a copy of that June no question about it.

Cheers !!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #15456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
All, it was just now throughly explained to me. The shot does no good. I have been given some swallowing exercises. They hurt my throat and may work in 4-6 months. I was told that I could be silent aspirating and can't cough up anything. Going to take time. I have no need to swallow soup or Ensure, other than for the satisfaction of eating. I may do ice cream. There is some sweetness there. I have a strong sweet tooth, plus the cold will soothe my throat.

The nurse just came in and disconnected the pump. She will start bolus feeding me in an hour. 350 cc every 4 hours. That's a lot of syringes to fill and pump into my belly. Been there twice before and have a plan. I feel so free not being tied to a machine that makes obscene and funny noises. Maybe I could use a fish tank pump to automatically feed a desired amount into me. Leave it to Dunner to find an easier way to do something.

Dunner's better. You can tell 'cuz his sense of humor is showing itself again: "Maybe I could use a fish tank pump to automatically feed a desired amount into me. Leave it to Dunner to find an easier way to do something."

"The shot does no good." Finish that sentence with "against aspirational pneumonia", and you've nailed it. Actually, it protects you from, as Barb said, bacterial pneumonia and it's an excellent protection for us not-so-spring-chickens to have.

Thanks for the update, Mike. Keep your chin up...except when swallowing!

Cheers!
Sue