Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #16451

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
.... Mini Cooper .... it would make a great toad.

They do indeed. We didn't purchase one because we need a bit more space to internally haul our folding recumbent trikes. The BMW sales guy had to nearly drag me out of the showroom model Mini. My fingers would not let it go !!

We know RVers who drag a Mini, and none have yet to say anything negative about the little rascals.

My motto: I like breathing. It gives me something to do.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #16452

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy Memorial Day

I have always found the canned statement, "Thank you for your service to our country" hollow and disenguenious, particularly when spoken by those who really mean, "I'm just glad I don't have to go to work today".

I am fortunate, I suppose, not to have known anyone personally who lost their life while serving in the Armed Forces. I did marry a man who went to Vietnam and my father served on a PT boat in the South Pacific during WWII, but my life has been blissfully ignorant of the tragedy that is war.

I don't understand the sort of hatred that would cause me to want to end someone else's life. I am dismayed by concept that problems can be solved by the deaths and disfigurement of so many young people. When will we as a society learn a different way to solve our disputes?

Today is the day that we as a nation have set aside to remember those who, by choice or chance, have gone to war and not returned. It is a day to remember to be thankful. And, I truly am thankful to not know the grief that so many people have had to endure.

Today and every day, I bow my head and say thanks for the Americans who served, who are serving and who gave the ulitmate price to preserve and protect our freedoms, the enriched lifestyle I enjoy, and the peace thru out our land.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #16453

Monaco Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

Good morning!

In the past ten years we have purchased a 4Runner, Tundra, Camry, Venza, CR-V, and the Equinox through Costco's buying program.

After my neighbor did me the favor of crunching the CR-V, our four down tow, all wheel drive (we live in the mountains) and daily driver options were the Jeep Compass and the Equinox.

When you are ready to test drive, you call the program and tell them what you're interested in, and they tell you which dealers near you participate. For the Equinox, we told them we wanted to drive a 4 cylinder in the LT2 package and a 6 cylinder in the LTZ package. We gave them the date we wanted to test drive and they made an appointment for us. When we arrived, the cars were out front waiting for us. After test driving both we decided on the 6 cylinder model. They didn't have the color combination we wanted (champagne silver with black leather), so they did a dealer swap. Two days later we went back and purchased the car.

Here's the best part - NO price haggling. You pay dealer invoice plus $500, no "documentation" fees, no dealer prep fees, and you pay dealer cost for all the add-ons that we bought (mud flaps, tow hitch, all weather floor mats, etc.). We saved right at $5K, including a $1K rebate program through the farm bureau. Before you go, look at the manufacturer website to see what rebates you might be eligible for. If you served in the military, now is a very good time to buy a Chevy.

It is the easiest process ever, and it's included in your Costco membership fee. I gladly renew every year!

If you served our country, I thank you for your service. We paused today to remember our family members who served and gave their lives defending our country.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #16454

Quote:
Oh I forgot to tell you, before I bought the jeep, I bought Barb a Mini Cooper convertible with the intentions of using that as our toad. You have to have the 6 speed standard tranny but it is definitely fun to drive. Of corse then my DW decides she doesn't want to pull it behind Jenny because her pretty little convertible will get messed up with rocks and dings. But it would make a great toad.

My question about mini's are service... Arkansas is just now getting it's only mini cooper dealer.... Until now had to go out of state, and although it isnt quite open. It is close by and they have 2 hanging on the outside wall..... 15 years ago i bought my first car all by myself.... Had only driven what soneone rlse wanted me to drive...... Got A basic cherokee sport 4x4 (red) loved it so much, Then met Larry and he got me a mazda Miata, loved it too, then grandkids, so moved up to a Toyota Solora convertible, liked it too. But NOW i have my most fav vehicle yet. My jeep wrangler soft top.... BEST of all..... The jeep is by far the mist reluable stable thing i gave ever driven..... Might think about a 4 door bext time, but never driven one...... I AM A JEEPER....

Thank you to all who have served... To me Particularly, my husband who is retired Army and a Disabled Veteran.....

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #16455

Quote:
Morning RVMdom!!!

Sittin outside drinking my java and listening to the light rain bouncing off the awning. The songbirds are singing, nobody in the park apparently up and moving yet this morning. Must have been the hard partying going on late last nite.

Just catching up on the posts too. Steve over in South Ft Worth Meador Jeep, they are no hassle and high volume because they sell cheaper than the other dealers. Look into a no frill Cherokee 4X4. They are not pricey, have smooth ride, good on fuel, flat towable without going thru steering wheel unlock or running the fluid thru the tranny every 5 hours. They ride like a car should ride but have off road capabilities. They are cheaper than the pricier Jeep Models too. You get the best of both worlds if strip down model is what your after.
I really like the Trail Hawk model Cherokee. Very sporty and nice. I can't drive 65 all the time, so a toad with a speed limit would never work for me. That's why Jeeps rock.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:29 AM   #16456

Tiffin Owners Club
It's been a very good weekend - first time I've ever put a John Grisham book down in the middle of it but the eyes lids got too heavy around 2:00 AM this morning. I'm learning all about Seth Hubbard and his actions before he died. The name of the book? Sycamore Row - John is almost always good reading.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #16457

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

Fun, kooky reading.

> My motto: I like breathing. It gives me something to do ....
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #16458

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
I really like the Trail Hawk model Cherokee. Very sporty and nice. I can't drive 65 all the time, so a toad with a speed limit would never work for me. That's why Jeeps rock.

I'm with you I absolutely love my Trailhawk. I'm one who never keeps a car more than three years or at most four. Being mechanically challenged, I do not want any hassles just get in and go! But when we are at home base, we drop the top on the Mini and off we go. We bought the Highgate model which is somewhat of a limited model..... There are still less than 15 in the entire DFW Metroplex so we get lots of looks when we are in it.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #16459

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1401121817.527643.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	63871Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1401121829.525035.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	63872
Old 05-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #16460

Quote:
I'm with you I absolutely love my Trailhawk. I'm one who never keeps a car more than three years or at most four. Being mechanically challenged, I do not want any hassles just get in and go! ....

Everyone has a favorite, of course, and ours has to be the change from Wrangler Sahara 2-door soft top to the new Cherokee Limited. It was a tossup between that and the Trail Hawk for a while, though.

The Cherokee (more similar to the Equinox and CRV than the Wrangler, according to Martin) has a much more car-like ride and amenities, including useable back seats that split-fold. Even the passenger seat folds if you need that length. Tows flat with the right tranny.

I don't miss our Traverse at all now, and I did like that one! Jeep, Chevy, or some other breed, we'll still love you both in the morning!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 05-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #16461

Quote:

Cute, Herb!
Old 05-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #16462

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Cute, Herb!

Thanks Sue, tell Martin I have re-told his very interesting story about finding his old car several times and like me they are always amazed.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #16463

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
If there is a trailer home that is being torn down, that would be a fairly level spot to park the RV. Also, if it was one time operational it would have a sewer line and possibly a capped water line. Electricity could have been yanked out but typically sewer and water remain and just get capped.

I think you found a good solution. Now, did your dad write up a contract on the length of time you can visit?
LOL!

No Wayne; THAT'S the ? I'm asking you; do you anticipate a problem with moving the electric, sewer, and water over 15'? As that's the actual source of same for the RV pad?

FYI; he still thinks the trailer is usable...though I would never as it's full of mold and mothballs (his method to keep critters out). Which is why I started taking an RV over to visit him, in the first place.
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #16464

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Good morning!

In the past ten years we have purchased a 4Runner, Tundra, Camry, Venza, CR-V, and the Equinox through Costco's buying program.

After my neighbor did me the favor of crunching the CR-V, our four down tow, all wheel drive (we live in the mountains) and daily driver options were the Jeep Compass and the Equinox.

When you are ready to test drive, you call the program and tell them what you're interested in, and they tell you which dealers near you participate. For the Equinox, we told them we wanted to drive a 4 cylinder in the LT2 package and a 6 cylinder in the LTZ package. We gave them the date we wanted to test drive and they made an appointment for us. When we arrived, the cars were out front waiting for us. After test driving both we decided on the 6 cylinder model. They didn't have the color combination we wanted (champagne silver with black leather), so they did a dealer swap. Two days later we went back and purchased the car.

Here's the best part - NO price haggling. You pay dealer invoice plus $500, no "documentation" fees, no dealer prep fees, and you pay dealer cost for all the add-ons that we bought (mud flaps, tow hitch, all weather floor mats, etc.). We saved right at $5K, including a $1K rebate program through the farm bureau. Before you go, look at the manufacturer website to see what rebates you might be eligible for. If you served in the military, now is a very good time to buy a Chevy.

It is the easiest process ever, and it's included in your Costco membership fee. I gladly renew every year!

If you served our country, I thank you for your service. We paused today to remember our family members who served and gave their lives defending our country.
I bought my 99' Jeep Wrangler this way back in Dec, 1998.

Man, it WAS the smoothest transaction ever! Only thing though...it was delivered with a metric dash.

Really!

Had to take it back when they were ready with an American dash to swap out. Funny!

Haven't done it since, cause all the vehicles we bought since then were used.

I would do it again, though if I ever considered new.
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote