Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #16535

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Attachment 63988
This is my son's xray image from his crash yesterday. He started a new hobby of building long boards for his friends, and hopped on one to go to town for more parts yesterday when he crashed into an abutment of an underpass. Prayers and oms requested for Josiah. It is his left collar bone broke in 3 places, plus he has a bit of rash on his knees. Crazy guy has 2 teen aged daughters who don't have as many accidents as he does. He says it is more painful than anything he has ever experienced, and since it was a holiday they sent him home and told him to call a doctor today.

Judy, I can't believe they sent Josiah home in that condition! Holiday, schmoliday! Did they at least put on some sort of immobilizing device?

Best wishes and lots of ohmmmms for his surgery tomorrow. He'll no doubt be happy to be oblivious for a couple of hours!

Ohhhhmmmm!
Sue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #16536

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Now this is kinda off the wall; brought about by Barb's comment about having to accomplish a mission or something in order to "graduate" from this life.
On February 7, 1997, I was working on backfilling a structure we had built. I was running a small walk-behind compacter and backing it across the haul road, suddenly a loader was right there and the wheel was pushing me into the compacter handle. I tried to hit the side of the loader, but couldn't reach it as the tire was bigger than my reach. I knew I was going to die, and there was absolutely nothing I could do to prevent it. I was being squished between the 2, unable to get out of there and the wheel was going to run me over. The operator of the loader was backing up the road without looking, and the back up alarm was not working.
The next thing I was aware of, I was lying in the snow on the other side of the compactor with the operator staring down at me. I have no idea how that happened. They got me to hospital and I was checked out, only had bruises, The tire left bruising of the tread pattern on my back, and the handle of the compactor made a hernia in my abdomen. I believe there is no explanation other than my purpose here was not yet fulfilled.
I wonder if anyone else has had similar experiences?
Old 05-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #16537

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Les, I am so sorry. My best wishes are with you and your family as your mother faces this. Perhaps she will have hospice care to ease the way?

Sending Ohhhmmms might sound facetious, but doing so actually focuses my thoughts. So I am. I know, too, that your mother is surrounded by loving family, and that is best of all.

Peace and strength,
Sue
Piggy backing off this....Ohhhhmmmms and prayers are helpful. The ultimate healing is coming....but the trail to get there weary on Mom and family so prayers for all involved in this journey. May it be peaceful and full of love.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #16538

Quote:
Now this is kinda off the wall; brought about by Barb's comment about having to accomplish a mission or something in order to "graduate" from this life. ....

I knew I was going to die, and there was absolutely nothing I could do to prevent it.
I believe there is no explanation other than my purpose here was not yet fulfilled.

Amazing, but not unheard of either. I have read such stories and have no reason to doubt them. Personally, I believe we come with certain things to experience and accomplish, and leave when we've done those things. You weren't done!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 05-28-2014, 12:11 PM   #16539

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Now this is kinda off the wall; brought about by Barb's comment about having to accomplish a mission or something in order to "graduate" from this life.
On February 7, 1997, I was working on backfilling a structure we had built. I was running a small walk-behind compacter and backing it across the haul road, suddenly a loader was right there and the wheel was pushing me into the compacter handle. I tried to hit the side of the loader, but couldn't reach it as the tire was bigger than my reach. I knew I was going to die, and there was absolutely nothing I could do to prevent it. I was being squished between the 2, unable to get out of there and the wheel was going to run me over. The operator of the loader was backing up the road without looking, and the back up alarm was not working.
The next thing I was aware of, I was lying in the snow on the other side of the compactor with the operator staring down at me. I have no idea how that happened. They got me to hospital and I was checked out, only had bruises, The tire left bruising of the tread pattern on my back, and the handle of the compactor made a hernia in my abdomen. I believe there is no explanation other than my purpose here was not yet fulfilled.
My DS#4 has twice in his life. As a kindergartner, he escaped a car hit in a school crossing with only 2 little red marks on his rib cage. Wasn't there to see it but the mom who did met me on my way to walk him home and told me about it....she was sure he would be dead. Then as a teen he tried to hang himself and the rope broke. It was inch thick rope.
I figure he has a really important task in this journey before he gets to move on.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #16540

Dun-NER! Dun-NER! Dun-NER! Dun-NER! C'mon, guy, keep doin' all those things that help you get better. We're thankful to hear updates from Linda and Barb. Keep the good news coming! Ohhmmmm!

Sue
Old 05-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #16541

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Thank you all for your kind words.

I'm glad I went home and had a weekend with her.

However, yesterday we confirmed that she has cancer of the Liver and at her age and health, is inoperable. They have suggested she will only be with us for another 2-6 months.

There's sadness in our house.
None of us know when our time is up, 2-6 months is a guess at best! The real reason for my post was your last statement. No dought age, illness and a variety of other factors certainly brings all our lives to a end on this earth at some point but for one going through this a house of hope and cheerfulness will usher this change in much easier for all. Sadness due to missing them when their gone is natural, Les I encourage you to celebrate each day with your mother until that time comes. I've been there, I certainly remember my mothers smile and assure you her last vision of me was one of a smiling son looking back.

Prayers go out for you and your family.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #16542

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:

Ohhhh, yes! The event that got me there was different, but I was in that tunnel of white light being moved toward the brighter light at the end. No sound, no other sensory except a feeling that I was being moved toward the brighter end of the tunnel. At the very instant of awareness that I was "someplace", I felt my heart beating VERY slowly, and it was loud, then it stopped. I felt like I was drowning just before I saw the tunnel and bright light. Got closer to the end and had a sense of being safe and comfortable. I woke up days later (so I was told) in a groggy confusion. People around that I didn't know, but I could hear, I could see, and I could feel when a nurse held my hand. My nearly lifeless body had been pulled out of a mangled aircraft. Miracle of miracles, I was not even scratched (no loss of blood), but suffering the results of one horrendous impact. Just a compressed spine, and concussion plus many bruises.

There IS something at the other end of that bright tunnel !! I'm certain of that. I won't be afraid to make the complete trip when my time finally does come. There will be friends and family at the other end.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #16543

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Ohhhh, yes!
There IS something at the other end of that bright tunnel !! I'm certain of that. I won't be afraid to make the complete trip when my time finally does come. There will be friends and family at the other end.
I have gone through to the bright side, on another occasion, was told it wasn't my "time" and that was why my family wasn't there to greet me. I was returned to my body also. I do believe in a here-after, too.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #16544
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Martin tells me that his link above does not work correctly. It didn't work for me on the iPad either. However, if you go directly to the website at xkdata.com via Safari or other browser, and then put in the number (669045), the pictures should come up.

Cheers!
Sue
Thanks Sue. Your way worked, however, it's hard to believe that Martin was ever that thin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Wayne--we got 5.5" at our house in the past 24 hours!!! Sheesh, the pool is cresting and there's more rain on the way.
I don't know the amount, but it has puddled everywhere and the streets were filing up in some of the neighborhoods. Then the city turns on the 8 or so Archimedes principle pumps and the water goes down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
If you've never used truecar.com - note - within minutes - your phone will ring - your inbox will fill up - and you will get text messages. In my case - from 5 to 10 dealerships from Jeep - GM - Honda and Chevy. And I've just decided to give the Ford Edge a look. Modern times. Modern times.
-----------
Healing and Ommmms of comfort to all in need.
Steve and Annie
RVM2
Steve, that is why you create a sub-email account and then turn it off when it starts acting like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Thank you all for your kind words.

I'm glad I went home and had a weekend with her.

However, yesterday we confirmed that she has cancer of the Liver and at her age and health, is inoperable. They have suggested she will only be with us for another 2-6 months.

There's sadness in our house.
Les, our Ohhmmms for your mom!

Quote:
Two motorcycle accidents in the same year, only a few months apart. First one was a single, all alone, and fractured my collar bone when I went feet over teakettle like a catapult.

The second on I was doing 55 mph and a pickup truck pulled out and broadsided me. Slid 100 feet on the pavement still sitting in the saddle and when it came to rest my foot was trapped under the foot rest. Broke the 5th metatarsal. Multiple road rash. Yes, I believe we are all a number in the book and when your number is called, you will answer the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Ohhhh, yes! [...]I was not even scratched (no loss of blood), but suffering the results of one horrendous impact. Just a compressed spine, and concussion plus many bruises.

Impact like that makes the body hurt all over, even when taking a breath. Heaven forbid some of the other necessity things one does.

I never saw a light, but I'm sure it was close.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #16545
Moderator Emeritus

Just to inject a little silliness into the "not my time" conversation... I heard a comedian say that we only have "X" number of heartbeats allotted to us. Why exercise and speed it up??
Old 05-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #16546

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Impact like that makes the body hurt all over, even when taking a breath. Heaven forbid some of the other necessity things one does.

I never saw a light, but I'm sure it was close.
So this one time, I was foolin and toolin around in a power wheelchair when all of a sudden....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:44 PM   #16547

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So this one time, I was foolin and toolin around in a power wheelchair when all of a sudden....

Oopsie daisie!!! Base over apex, and no lights except for seeing stars!

Where's the film? Remember: no pictures it didn't happen! Feel better now?

Cheers!
Old 05-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #16548

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Just to inject a little silliness into the "not my time" conversation... I heard a comedian say that we only have "X" number of heartbeats allotted to us. Why exercise and speed it up??

This is my new favorite reason for not exercising.....
After ex husband left me, i thought i was done... I took a bottle of sleeping pills and am only here today because it wasnt my time..... If I had known what a great person i was, i would not have tried..... On the other hand, Larry had a heart attack and 5 bypass before we met, then was in hospital for 21 days with pancreatitis.... We are together for whatever time we have..... And each day is so much better now. We say I am his 3rd wife, in his 3rd life, he is my 2nd husband in my 2nd life, but really he is my only soulmate.......

You are all such good people and friends.... Thank you to each and every one of you. Thank you for sharing your good and bad.... My thoughts and prayers are with each if you. And, I like riding the rainbow with ya'll......

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote

« Endless Tale Game | - »