Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #17487

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So Hear Yee Hear Yee - Mutants Near and Far
There has been so much going on in our life since the GC, I can't seem to get to everything that's on my mind to share with you. And time is tight right now - but.....

I was thinking the other day that with all the interest in Grande, Mini, Midi and Mighty Cs - that it may be time to start thinking of having State RVM Coordinators or "Hosts". No real responsibilities - but when mutants are traveling they could check our website - as well as here - for an "official" RVM State sponsor. Not sure how it would all work - but thought I would toss it out there for discussion.

Anyone want to step up and be a state sponsor?? If so - please use the

Contact Us form on www.rvmutants.com

and let me know - share your ideas or thoughts on the matter there as well!!
RVM2 Over and Out
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #17488

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Congrats Sarah!

Barb.....I'm only a little bit jealous, as you didn't mention days, and days of rain, like we've had here. But 60 degrees is a bit cold, especially when you want to go into the water. Which BTW, I still haven't done here! But I wanted you to relay a message to Sena: the Horse Flies here are over an inch long, and super fat. There's one sunning itself on my kitchen window right now. Also, how does she react to wasps?

Wayne, I can't believe these garage monkeys can't put a connection back in!? Last year when I had my AC serviced at La Mesa RV, I went to pick it up, and as I was walking outside to get in and drive away, my service guy happened to walk out part of the way with me. He stands there and I drive off. A minute later my cell rings, and it's him asking me to come back. When I do he quickly climbs up on top and reattachs the AC cover. The service dept. had left it off! He saw it as I was driving off.

My conclusion at the time was that these repair places are slave driving the workers so much they can't focus.
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #17489

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveldogs View Post

.... My conclusion at the time was that these repair places are slave driving the workers so much they can't focus.

Or they don't care enough to focus. That sort of thing seems to happen all the time. Certainly has to us.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 06-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #17490

Air conditioner shrouds? I spot at least two along the outerbelt around town every weekend in the summer. I've yet to actually see one fly off, but don't care to be the car following.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #17491

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover
Air conditioner shrouds? I spot at least two along the outerbelt around town every weekend in the summer. I've yet to actually see one fly off, but don't care to be the car following.
Them there and funeral shrouds are to be avoided at all cost....
Old 06-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #17492

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
Well, just glad to hear that it didn't turn out this way...

Be safe & keep in contact, as we might cross paths.

Are you going to take Diane with you?

Wayne, I think I will have to take her on this trip! After paying for: Transmission preventive service work; new fan clutch; and having to replace four tires on the back; I'll need her to pay for the diesel fuel.

Also, who else is qualified to handle the 'POOP PATROL' & early morning walks?
Old 06-13-2014, 12:59 PM   #17493

RVM9 here.

I am officially bowing out from RVM Mutant status and retiring my number. Clearly I don't belong... I don't have time to participate regularly.... and when I do participate... even sharing the losing my brother to cancer didnt' garner a SINGLE "sorry for your loss."

Good bye folks... have fun with your mutant-hood.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #17494

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So Hear Yee Hear Yee - Mutants Near and Far
There has been so much going on in our life since the GC, I can't seem to get to everything that's on my mind to share with you. And time is tight right now - but.....

I was thinking the other day that with all the interest in Grande, Mini, Midi and Mighty Cs - that it may be time to start thinking of having State RVM Coordinators or "Hosts". No real responsibilities - but when mutants are traveling they could check our website - as well as here - for an "official" RVM State sponsor. Not sure how it would all work - but thought I would toss it out there for discussion.

Anyone want to step up and be a state sponsor?? If so - please use the

Contact Us form on www.rvmutants.com

and let me know - share your ideas or thoughts on the matter there as well!!
RVM2 Over and Out
I nominates Les for West Virginia, seriously though y'all fergot about we'alls penchant to call our areas Provinces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Them there and funeral shrouds are to be avoided at all cost....
The latter one is only allowed once in a lifetime. Should be put off as long as possible.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
RVM#9 checking in.

Been an unusual spring. No Rv-ing here.

1. Youngest brother lost his battle with cancer April 26th. I couldn't go to the funeral on May 2nd because hub's job was going away on May 30th. On May 3rd, we got a letter from Hub's employer that they were extending the date to August 31. Dang it... why didn't they send that the Wednesday before?

2. Garden Prep/planting/care. Because we were expecting a "lean" summer I prepped a larger garden and have been working to put everything in.

3. RV - still sits crossways of our driveway... in incomplete repair. I think I'll buy a cattle prod to help the hubs get motivated.

Anyway... I'm alive and well... mostly.

I for one want to apoligize to you.... I got so caught up in my husbands birthday and a new pupoy that I did not acknowledge your brother passing. I hope and pray that you will have peace. It is hard to read everything and miss sonething like that and your husbands job situation, i am sorry.... No excuses, just hope life gets better....

I first met you on Trading Recipes, Coleen's thread. I havent gotten to know you much, because I tend to respond to those who are talkers like me, but please know we are sorry for your loss.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #17496

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
RVM9 here.

I am officially bowing out from RVM Mutant status and retiring my number. Clearly I don't belong... I don't have time to participate regularly.... and when I do participate... even sharing the losing my brother to cancer didnt' garner a SINGLE "sorry for your loss."

Oh no! Please do not leave RVMdom!

It is difficult to pick up every post with so very much activity.

I am truly sorry for your loss and apologize on behalf of all RVMs, Sylvia.

To lose one so close and so loved is a time of profound sorrow. I feel your pain and can empathize with the weight of the grief you are feeling. I hope his passing will bond your family closer together.

Hope your Hubs has good the best of luck on the job front.

Pics of your garden would be down right nifty!

Your past contributions on this thread were valuable to us.

With highest regards,
Dave
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #17497

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1

Hey stranger - thanks for checking in... We miss hearing from ya and ya know as a single digit mutant you have certain responsibilities and obligations to check in now and then... We miss ya and tell hubby to get that Cub ready and rolling.

More importantly - sorry to hear about baby bro. That's a tough one. Ya know your mutant family is here for ya with healing Ommmsss and energy of all shapes and sizes.

Take care and don't stay gone so long!
Steve and Annie
RVM2
Sylvia - I know you are hurting - and am so sorry for your loss. I know you must have missed my post above - as there is a lot of activity on this thread. That alone is an overload for many of us - and especially so in times of sorrow, sadness or need. Reaching out here always garners comfort and Ommms and somehow - our fellow mutants missed your call and my reply. It happens I guess - but so rarely here that it does stand out.

I know the RVMs are feeling your loss now and wishing you peace and comfort. I hope you know we are all thinking of you.
Steve and Annie
RVM2
Old 06-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #17498

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
RVM9 here.

I am one of the newer members here and also don't have the time to frequent it a whole lot. It does seem like there is a main group who are most active and interact with each other a lot, but they are good people who seem very warm and genuine, so I guess that you (and I) have to speak up a little louder in order to get heard. I too am sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #17499

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround
I am one of the newer members here and also don't have the time to frequent it a whole lot. It does seem like there is a main group who are most active and interact with each other a lot, but they are good people who seem very warm and genuine, so I guess that you (and I ) have to speak up a little louder in order to get heard. I too am sorry to hear about your loss.
I can't even keep up these days... Lol ?! Doh!

But I can tell ya that we have met a little more than 20 mutants - and would love to meet em all. Of those we have met - you described them perfectly - warm and genuine - and I get the feeling those yet to be met are too - all y'all and y'all over there too...!

There are some long lost RVMs that I reach out to now and then by PM. You know who you are... Sometimes I get a reply and sometimes not. Sometimes a post is made. Sometimes I hear nothing back at all and that's ok. But once an RVM always an RVM. Whether ya post or not - or do or don't come around often - we are mutants and mutantness can't be washed off or tossed away. You can leave - but you are always welcome back. The RVMdom is home to all who knock.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:02 PM   #17500
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Originally Posted by SylviaCub
RVM#9 checking in.

Been an unusual spring. No Rv-ing here.

1. Youngest brother lost his battle with cancer April 26th. I couldn't go to the funeral on May 2nd because hub's job was going away on May 30th. On May 3rd, we got a letter from Hub's employer that they were extending the date to August 31. Dang it... why didn't they send that the Wednesday before?

2. Garden Prep/planting/care. Because we were expecting a "lean" summer I prepped a larger garden and have been working to put everything in.

3. RV - still sits crossways of our driveway... in incomplete repair. I think I'll buy a cattle prod to help the hubs get motivated.

Anyway... I'm alive and well... mostly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for your loss SylviaCub. Losing someone close is a difficult thing to go through.

I am just about to attend a "Celebration of Life" tomorrow for my Mom who passed away last Saturday.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote