Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #17739

Off the wall -- but in honor of National Greasy Foods Day yesterday, I made spicy onion rings for supper: Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1403189957.823966.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	620.0 KB
ID:	65713
Of course to achieve that end, here's the rest of the story: Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1403190040.278451.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	717.8 KB
ID:	65714
What a mess to clean up, but boy! we're those rings ever good!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #17740
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh Dennis, oh Dennis! No that is not one of the four "O's".

You jinxed me with your tale of punching a hole. I didn't punch a hole but I did the stupid today. The galley sink fills up pretty fast in this coach. Most of the time I'll just leave it open and close it a day before we leave for a good flush. Most times I don't open it until after a few days in a park and I notice it is getting full, then I pull te lever and leave it open if we are remaining for awhile.

Well, today I went out, opened the bay and pulled the lever. Of course I immediately closed it. Fortunately the cap was still on, but I never hooked up the sewer hose.

Out came the funnel (wonder why I have that) and the collapsible bucket. Yuckers, yuckers, yuckers and I am so glad it was just the galley water - it's bad enough. Had it been the black water I would have called for your help and waited until you got here.

Just another day on the road. Still in Pensacola, FL.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #17741

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Off the wall -- but in honor of National Greasy Foods Day yesterday, I made spicy onion rings for supper: Attachment 65713
Of course to achieve that end, here's the rest of the story: Attachment 65714

Oh my! OMNOM for sure.

Nola makes a batter for onion rings or fried chilis that uses GF all purpose flour, a bit if corn meal, an egg, and milk to get the right consistency. I do the cooking.

I will try some spicing next time! Think maybe cajun
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #17742

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Oh my! OMNOM for sure.

Nola makes a batter for onion rings or fried chilis that uses GF all purpose flour, a bit if corn meal, an egg, and milk to get the right consistency. I will try some spicing next time!

Oh, yeah! This batter is made with sour cream, milk and hot sauce. I substituted some kefir cheese in for part of the cream. After the liquid dip (or marinading), then into GF baking mix w/the spices added, plus salt and white pepper. Spices in this case are celery and onion salts, garlic powder, and paprika.

I'd have preferred some cayenne in there, and some other sauce besides Tabasco. What will you use?

Making myself hungry again, and I just finished breakfast.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 06-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #17743

Hello
We are keen to join this group, we Have been mutating for 50 odd years and still morphing in to new rolls, locations even international, our most recent major mutation was to sell everything we owned in New Zealand at age 40 large and arrive in the USA with 4 suitcases and a dog.
We are full time Rv'ers nothing is subject to change other than change itself.
So if anyone know's how we join up please direct us to the large button, thanks.
Rusty & Kelly
honkytonkinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #17744

Hello Rusty and Kelly,

Its not hard to join ... all you have to do is
1- Declare that the Journey is the Destination
2- Tell us some of the things you don't have and don't miss.

And soon the Grand Poohbah or his Porentate will bestow upon you an RVM number and then you will be free to roam the rainbow and ponder and pontificate at will.

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #17745

Quote:
Oh, yeah! This batter is made with sour cream, milk and hot sauce. I substituted some kefir cheese in for part of the cream. After the liquid dip (or marinading), then into GF baking mix w/the spices added, plus salt and white pepper. Spices in this case are celery and onion salts, garlic powder, and paprika.

I'd have preferred some cayenne in there, and some other sauce besides Tabasco. What will you use?

Making myself hungry again, and I just finished breakfast.

Cheers!
Sue

I forgot. She adds yogurt too.

Nola makes a cajun spice poweder out of "stuff". I think that and a bit of tabasco will do nicely. Will see!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #17746

R U an RV Mutant too?

Welcome Rusty & Kelly, to this odd assemblage of oddly assembled people.

Possibly you can help clear up a mystery ... what accent does the GEICO gecko have? British, Australian, or New Zeland? Personally, I think the little guy is faking it.

Anyhow, join in the conflab, and feel free to chat about almost anything.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:03 AM   #17747

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Welcome Rusty & Kelly, to this odd assemblage of oddly assembled people.

Possibly you can help clear up a mystery ... what accent does the GEICO gecko have? British, Australian, or New Zeland? Personally, I think the little guy is faking it.

Anyhow, join in the conflab, and feel free to chat about almost anything.
xs2 on the welcome.
Now about the GEICO gecko accent, I may have to mull that over before pondering about it.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #17748

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Hello, Mutant Peeps:

I've started my new job (promotion from my old job), in a new city. The commute isn't too bad, but we're thinking about the dreaded M word. I swore we'd never move again after the last one, but we're thinking of downsizing and starting the process toward the R word. I like that one a lot better! So we're house hunting this weekend - wish us luck!

An option to consider. Our neighborhood is made up of paired patio homes (garages and master bedrooms meet in the middle of the adjoined homes) and it's a maintenance free development (grass is mowed and snow is shoveled). Our HOA fee is around $1,000 per year. We own the property and have to do reroofs and siding updates ourselves (can't vary from the approved color tones). We have 2060 sq. ft (2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, bonus room and storage upstairs, sun room, 2 car garage)

We are retired and have a CG lot 45 minutes from home. We jump in our MH whenever we wish and all we have to do for the house is to stop the paper and lock up when we leave.

Works perfectly for our lifestyle and perhaps yours when you retire.

BTW, congrats on your recent marriage.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #17749

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkytonkinn View Post
Hello
We are keen to join this group, we Have been mutating for 50 odd years and still morphing in to new rolls, locations even international, our most recent major mutation was to sell everything we owned in New Zealand at age 40 large and arrive in the USA with 4 suitcases and a dog.
So if anyone know's how we join up please direct us to the large button, thanks.
Rusty & Kelly

Hey Rusty & Kelly
Go to the very beginning of this thread... Read a couple of posts, the like PTjeep said... Just write it in a post.... Thats how ya join...... Welcome

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #17750
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkytonkinn View Post
Hello
Rusty & Kelly
Hey y'all. As others have stated, just declare that the journey is the destination and tell us something you don't have and don't miss. This is a rigorous enrollment requirement but we know you are up to the task!!
Old 06-19-2014, 11:54 AM   #17751
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Off the wall -- but in honor of National Greasy Foods Day yesterday, I made spicy onion rings for supper: Attachment 65713
Of course to achieve that end, here's the rest of the story: Attachment 65714
OMGawd...I loooooove onion rings. :drool:
Old 06-19-2014, 01:07 PM   #17752

Hiya, Rusty and Kelly -- Welcome to the madness! Oh, do go back and read the first few posts, but the rest? You'd go nuts trying to read it all! You might skim through a few pages, though.

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things