Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #18579

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
You would have to say something.
He couldn't not say something.

Herb - that's sure a nice looking park. I may to give that one a visit.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #18580

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm itching to get back on the road! The RAL Machine is down in the shop right now having her mirrors replaced. And through a debacle of ordering parts, she's been there 3 weeks longer than needed.

The dealer I bought the bus from offered parts at their cost, so I took em up on it - but then they turned around and ordered two road side mirrors and arms instead of one each per side.

Then they call and say they have the correct mirror, and I run out there, turns out to be for a different model...

2 weeks go by, and they call and say they have the correct mirror (but what about the arm) OH SHOOT

So hopefully, this tuesday, the correct arm will arrive and I can get that project put to bed!

Andrea and I have been scouting for a new bus, wanting to take advantage of a tag axle, 3 a/c units (over 2), darker interior, king bed and easier access to the bedroom and I think I've looked at every bus for sale on the planet. It's exhausting.

So far the short list has landed on the Allegro Bus 43qrp 08/09, American Coach Rev or Tradition 08/09/10, Monaco Dynasty / diplomat / camelot 08/09/10, or a Beaver, but I'm not all that excited at exceeding 40feet. However, the only tag I know of in anything at 40ft is the new ventana, but I think I would like to keep some of my money....

Did you know that there are over 5000 buses for sale at 40ft+ between the years of 06 and 10 in this country right now!!! Holy cowsers.

Well, we are at home right now, launching a massive new product at the end of this month that's been a few years in the making (ask your DW if she likes mascara then PM me, then our show season starts back up towards September. So we will be crawling our way up the east coast to New Jersey, then Vermont, then outside Boston, then a slow trickle back down to Dallas for our final show of the year in November.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:06 AM   #18581
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just for today only, and I do mean TODAY ONLY, be nice to old Wayne. He just tacked on another digit to his 7th decade today. I know, Possum, it will be a struggle to resist giving him a ration about his advanced years, but do resist. To all of you, I pray your summer is safe, your vehicles purr smoothly, and that the next mutant rally happens soon. Hugs from Earlene for those we have met and especially to those we are anxiously waiting to meet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1404659128.367602.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	709.5 KB
ID:	67012  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #18582

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
I'm itching to get back on the road! The RAL Machine is down in the shop right now having her mirrors replaced. And through a debacle of ordering parts, she's been there 3 weeks longer than needed.

The dealer I bought the bus from offered parts at their cost, so I took em up on it - but then they turned around and ordered two road side mirrors and arms instead of one each per side.

Then they call and say they have the correct mirror, and I run out there, turns out to be for a different model...

2 weeks go by, and they call and say they have the correct mirror (but what about the arm) OH SHOOT

So hopefully, this tuesday, the correct arm will arrive and I can get that project put to bed!

Andrea and I have been scouting for a new bus, wanting to take advantage of a tag axle, 3 a/c units (over 2), darker interior, king bed and easier access to the bedroom and I think I've looked at every bus for sale on the planet. It's exhausting.

So far the short list has landed on the Allegro Bus 43qrp 08/09, American Coach Rev or Tradition 08/09/10, Monaco Dynasty / diplomat / camelot 08/09/10, or a Beaver, but I'm not all that excited at exceeding 40feet. However, the only tag I know of in anything at 40ft is the new ventana, but I think I would like to keep some of my money....

Did you know that there are over 5000 buses for sale at 40ft+ between the years of 06 and 10 in this country right now!!! Holy cowsers.

Well, we are at home right now, launching a massive new product at the end of this month that's been a few years in the making (ask your DW if she likes mascara then PM me, then our show season starts back up towards September. So we will be crawling our way up the east coast to New Jersey, then Vermont, then outside Boston, then a slow trickle back down to Dallas for our final show of the year in November.
Look eveybody, the kids have checked in with the old folks LOL (actually old man RVM2 was worried about so I sent em a PM)
Sure glad to hear you're doing well with the product roll out and enjoying the hunt for another coach. It's a lot of trouble but fun too.

So what are the winter plans - stay in S & or move around the south? We will be down in RGV. Other mutants are heading back to AZ and FL. You can find us if you look for us - seems you've proven that before.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #18583
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
You would have to say something.
There you go, and I wasn't even picking on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARLENE DID THIS View Post
Just for today only, and I do mean TODAY ONLY, be nice to old Wayne. He just tacked on another digit to his 7th decade today. I know, Possum, it will be a struggle to resist giving him a ration about his advanced years, but do resist. To all of you, I pray your summer is safe, your vehicles purr smoothly, and that the next mutant rally happens soon. Hugs from Earlene for those we have met and especially to those we are anxiously waiting to meet
Lies, all lies. I'm only 29 and holding.
I did not post that quote, she hacked my password in one of my inattentive moments.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #18584

Jay and Andrea, have followed your quest and salute your thoroughness.

Have you put this one on your radar?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #18585

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

I did not post that quote, she hacked my password in one of my inattentive moments.
Happy Birthday Wayne.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #18586

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Just for you Earlene I will not mention the aforementioned thing you don't want mentioned. Happy Birthday Anyway you old .....

Quote:
How does that change things?
Quote:

Earlene is my hero.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #18587

R U an RV Mutant too?

Wayne, Happy Birthday! Breaks my heart that you are older than me. Good things come in round packages.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1404660053.424661.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	369.1 KB
ID:	67018

Found this on sale. Works pretty good.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1404660095.627402.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	67019

Went back to Hippey's the other day.
http://davenola.blogspot.com/?m=1

Still up to my ears in family and friends here. Never a dull moment.

Best wishes to all of you RVMs
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #18588

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Jay and Andrea, have followed your quest and salute your thoroughness.

Have you put this one on your radar?
Maybe the Dingo eight yer babie.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #18589
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Happy Birthday Mr. Wayne.

BTW, you don't look a day over 80 unlike what Possum said.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #18590

Hey Wayne Happy Birthday to you !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
PAIN AND SORROW AND DESPAIR?
PEOPLE DYING EVERYWHERE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
WAYNE

Cheers !!!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #18591

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
He couldn't not say something.

Herb - that's sure a nice looking park. I may to give that one a visit.

Steve it is a very nice park indeed! But hold on to your wallet cause it's peak season here at the beach and rates aren't cheap... $67 per day. If I wasn't by the seashore I would swear I was in Vegas.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #18592

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Look eveybody, the kids have checked in with the old folks LOL (actually old man RVM2 was worried about so I sent em a PM)
Sure glad to hear you're doing well with the product roll out and enjoying the hunt for another coach. It's a lot of trouble but fun too.

So what are the winter plans - stay in S & or move around the south? We will be down in RGV. Other mutants are heading back to AZ and FL. You can find us if you look for us - seems you've proven that before.
Well it's all hands on deck here in Houston for this Mascara launch. Goes on sale July 31st so it will be one massive shipping fest... after that, I want to climb in my bus and take off for some R&R. I'm not sure yet how I am going to make my way to new jersey, open to suggestions about how to get there.

So then we will stay in the Norther East for a little while, then getting the heck out of there before the cold really sets in.

I've been considering taking the winter and writing a marketing course teaching others who market to women online, so many of them could use the help and I love the idea of having a product that is only electronic! No shipping, no production, no machines, just good info.

And then I have another cosmetic product I've been working on, that hopefully by christmas time will be ready to go for another big launch. After that, I'm retiring. HA just kidding, but maybe not
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote