Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #18635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Grandkids and DW fishing for brook trout.

Woo hoo 2 uploads in a row.

Steve, MaryAnn has them posted to facebook ok..... Smile.....

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #18636
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Grandkids and DW fishing for brook trout.

Woo hoo 2 uploads in a row.
That place looks familiar!! Thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 07-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #18637

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
CG wifi is good. Just not good enough for previous attempts to send.

DW and grandkids at the Grand Canyon
Now that's happiness on the rainbow!!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #18638

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Thank ya'll for the well, and not so well, wishes.

Moonrover, I didn't post it, DW did.
So, let me get this straight. The big tough Marine who spent his military career doing HIGH level cyber security got hacked by a little bitty woman on his birthday?

Humbling, I know. But happy birthday is spite of it, Wayne. And here's hoping we can harass you again every year on this date for a VERY long time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #18639

Monaco Owners Club
Hi, Mutant family!

Hippo birdies two ewes, Wayne!

We just got home from a fabulous weekend. We stayed out on the water today until we couldn't see too well. It was awesome. We have been out camping every weekend since April 1, and we are having a great summer, except for my back problems. I ruptured another disc a month ago, so tomorrow morning I get another spinal injection. 😢

On a happy note, we are planning for grandkid #6, as well as for daughter 2's wedding. We are making gourmet ice cream sandwiches to serve with cake at the wedding. Cookies from my bakery plus awesome local ice cream and wedding colored sprinkles. Combinations like salted peanut butter cookies and dark chocolate ice cream, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies with cranberry/raspberry ice cream, oatmeal cookies with caramel brown sugar ice cream and chocolate chip cookies with triple mint ice cream. Yummy!

'Night, mutants. Sleep well.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:05 PM   #18640

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ugh! Elizabeth puts that on my mind... and I have already showered and gotten into my jammies after gardening and getting all sweaty.... so now I want ice cream! ( Don't keep it in the house... I am round enough) Boo!
sounds delish! what a party!

Hmmm I do have the ice cream maker sleeve in the freezer... I suppose Ice cream could just me a mixing it up and letting it run a little while away..... hmmmm....have to ponder that a while....ha... not very long... later folks.... gotta make some ice cream.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #18641

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Hi, Mutant family!

Hippo birdies two ewes, Wayne!

We just got home from a fabulous weekend. We stayed out on the water today until we couldn't see too well. It was awesome. We have been out camping every weekend since April 1, and we are having a great summer, except for my back problems. I ruptured another disc a month ago, so tomorrow morning I get another spinal injection. 😢

On a happy note, we are planning for grandkid #6, as well as for daughter 2's wedding. We are making gourmet ice cream sandwiches to serve with cake at the wedding. Cookies from my bakery plus awesome local ice cream and wedding colored sprinkles. Combinations like salted peanut butter cookies and dark chocolate ice cream, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies with cranberry/raspberry ice cream, oatmeal cookies with caramel brown sugar ice cream and chocolate chip cookies with triple mint ice cream. Yummy!

'Night, mutants. Sleep well.

Ice cream is definitely on MY menu now! Nothing quite so wonderfully fancy, but I bet if I slice up a peach over some homemade vanilla ... It'll be passable.

Elizabeth, your cookies and the sandwich combinations sound out of this world! That girl jolly well better appreciate them! I'm sure she will.

So sorry to hear about the spinal issue and hope the injection can control the pain. Ommmms!

Glad to hear from you and that the summer is (mostly) great. It's sounding like an RVMutant time!

Cheers!
Sue
PS: now about that ice cream....
Old 07-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #18642

Hmm, I have one of those little ice cream makers somewhere. Got it as a wedding present long ago from someone who knew me too well, lol. Time to find it. Hangin' with the mutants is bad for my (nonexistent) waistline.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #18643

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ice cream? Did someone say ice cream? Yummmm and who cares about my round shape? As long as my buddy Father Time is more round than me I will look good when I stand next to him LOL.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:59 PM   #18644

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Elizabeth - Many Ommms on disc - I have not had issue with the back but my neck has a hockey puck where a disc once was. As my right arm became more and more numb and painful - I was surprised to find that the disc between 5 and 6 had "flaked off" a small bit and was poking right into a big nerve. Eek. And ouch.. I sure hope ya don't have to go through that sort a thing. Again Many Many Healing Ommms.

As for the ice cream and such. Many Many Yumms!!!

I didn't get to the maul center yet. Things will be more on track when Annie gets back Wed evening.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #18645

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Looks like it's starting to wind down on the rainbow so I guess I will head off to dream land. Sleep tight my mutant family and I'll catch up with you mañana.

#31 Out
Old 07-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #18646

American Coach Owners Club
Good night John boy....
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:27 PM   #18647

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Elizabeth,

Many Ohms headed your way. I hope the epidural steroids help you 1,000 times better than they did me. The only reason I went for a second time was because of the 6 hours of relief the pre steroid lidocaine injection gave me and a hope that the second set would do better.

I ended up gaining 50 pounds due to the steroids and that was after having had gastric bypass surgery. Now I won't let steroids touch any part of me unless the choice is either steroids or death, and then I'd have to ponder on it for a while.

Hugs!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #18648

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
POSSUM / DOGPATCH

Here is why i get the 2 confused......... How did you two come up with those names anyway?
I'll let Les handle the more part of his nickname but mine is simple.

My older brother was an amateur poet and wrote under the pseudo-name "Possum" to keep his identity covered.

He was also a svelte 180 pounds and exercised regularly and was totally unlike my vast waistland physic. Needless to say I admired him greatly and when he passed away from a sudden and very unexpected massive heart attack I scooped his alias or moniker as a way of remembering and hopefully honouring him.

Besides his passing has made me the official patriarch of this branch of the Dalla-Vicenza Family.

The picture was taken by the local newspaper on Canada Day of DW and I sitting on our Toy Run Float.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parade IMG_5618.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	67097  
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote