Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #18691

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Moonrover, could those be used to stiffen your awning arms by screwing it on both sides of a joint?

Maybe measure the distance between the screws and then look for someplace there are holes the size of those screws that far apart. Whatever it is, it has to be 1/4" or less thick. Right?

Hmmm ... let me analyze those thoughts. The steel braces (if thats what they are) weigh about six pounds each. Sort of husky for an aluminum awning bar. Also, I don't have an awning !!

Maybe they are clamps to flatten out a snake for skinning. Whatever they are, they show no signs of wear like they have been used on anything moving, vibrating, or bumping around.

They are going back in my shop for storage on the "gotta keep but don't know why" shelf.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2014, 11:27 PM   #18692

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
But when you do travel, you really do travel!

Ha Barb, seems you and I were the two most vocal ( irritants ) to Steve on trying to get a date and place set for the next GC. Maybe we can sneak one in while he's off on honeymoon! Lol Yellowstone area sounding good for the Canukes.
Sure glad he doesn't read personalized messages, don't want to get his pressure up!
Ok buddy - I hear ya pokin' ----
So for the record - I'm looking at lots of travel plans for next year Tim. With inserting full time in November - the planning currently includes making it to Fleetwood in spring to have them run through Bonita Bounder (maybe see Steve and Mary Ann) and am considering Gaffney for the Freightliner Camp and thorough going over too. And how soon can I get all that done after first spending some time with Annie's Mom and Dad. AND then - where and when will we be able to get to / for the Super Duper ExtraOrdinary Son of GC.

Of course I could just let her fall apart around my ears and fill er up with black water like some folks do - but we're actually going to live in her.... 😂

Wyoming is nice - and I promise I will get back on this as soon as I can. In fact, Dave and I were discussing it AGAIN today!

He is a swallow - and Capistrano is in PA and winter is AZ. So for he and I to cross paths is the first part of the geometry or calculus or algebra. Now if neither of us attend - then you have another animal all together. But as I said - we have been discussing it.

Now I am going to try to make it to McCall Idaho - McCall RV Resort by mid to late August --- and head to AZ for winter on the slow roll. It looks to be a beautiful place but may be too west and to expensive for some but it is nice.

It's perfectly acceptable for you or any RVMs to plan a curiosity - and we would make it if we can. But I have a few balls in the air and plates spinning on sticks and a bowling ball and chain saw are about to come into the mix. And, I just saw a monkey and a dog go by on bicycles. It's a circus right now is the point, and it's difficult to assess everything right now.

Keep yer shirt on or plan away, but what ever ya do.... don't forget yer back washing the black water tank. 👍👍

102 days and counting. 🙏 and 10 days till 👰😎 And believe me - I am as excited and anxious about things - and that includes the FE EO SO GC as anyone. In fact - we're about to make Curiosities a Way of Life. It's already an Art Form! 🎶

The rainbow shines bright over the RVMdom mutants! The day will come. Mark my words. Sure as the black tank hath flowed backwards into Tims coach, the SOGC will happen and it will be Grand!

All the best muteys!!!
RVM2
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #18693

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I

So for the record - I'm looking at lots of travel plans for next year Tim. With inserting full time in November - the planning currently includes making it to Fleetwood in spring to have them run through Bonita Bounder (maybe see Steve and Mary Ann) and am considering Gaffney for the Freightliner Camp and thorough going over too. And how soon can I get all that done after first spending some time with Annie's Mom and Dad. AND then - where and when will we be able to get to / for the Super Duper ExtraOrdinary Son of GC.

Of course I could just let her fall apart around my ears and fill er up with black water like some folks do - but we're actually going to live in her.... 😂

Wyoming is nice - and I promise I will get back on this as soon as I can. In fact, Dave and I were discussing it AGAIN today!

He is a swallow - and Capistrano is in PA and winter is AZ. So for he and I to cross paths is the first part of the geometry or calculus or algebra. Now if neither of us attend - then you have another animal all together. But as I said - we have been discussing it.

Now I am going to try to make it to McCall Idaho - McCall RV Resort by mid to late August --- and head to AZ for winter on the slow roll. It looks to be a beautiful place but may be too west and to expensive for some but it is nice.

It's perfectly acceptable for you or any RVMs to plan a curiosity - and we would make it if we can. But I have a few balls in the air and plates spinning on sticks and a bowling ball and chain saw are about to come into the mix. And, I just saw a monkey and a dog go by on bicycles. It's a circus right now is the point, and it's difficult to assess everything right now.

Keep yer shirt on or plan away, but what ever ya do.... don't forget yer back washing the black water tank. 👍👍

102 days and counting. 🙏 and 10 days till 👰😎 And believe me - I am as excited and anxious about things - and that includes the FE EO SO GC as anyone. In fact - we're about to make Curiosities a Way of Life. It's already an Art Form! 🎶

The rainbow shines bright over the RVMdom mutants! The day will come. Mark my words. Sure as the black tank hath flowed backwards into Tims coach, the SOGC will happen and it will be Grand!

All the best muteys!!!
RVM2
Steve and Annie
I knew I could smoke you out!

I've been trying to keep up with this group with only my phone and since fat fingers seems to run in lots of us Arkies I seldom posted. I'm home now, full wifi, IPad and full keyboard so I'm ready to make up for lost time.

Next project is to figure out a better way to travel with my RVM32 sign. It's so big it doesn't store easily, guess I should have gone with the Postage Stamp size sign like Wayney and Herbert. Hope to have it at the National Irv2 rally. Seems us and Virginiamtns might be the only mutants there.

Ok, enough for now. But remember when things get to going too smooth I'll be a poking at you.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:17 AM   #18694

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I knew I could smoke you out!

I've been trying to keep up with this group with only my phone and since fat fingers seems to run in lots of us Arkies I seldom posted. I'm home now, full wifi, IPad and full keyboard so I'm ready to make up for lost time.

Next project is to figure out a better way to travel with my RVM32 sign. It's so big it doesn't store easily, guess I should have gone with the Postage Stamp size sign like Wayney and Herbert. Hope to have it at the National Irv2 rally. Seems us and Virginiamtns might be the only mutants there.

Ok, enough for now. But remember when things get to going too smooth I'll be a poking at you.
I Wouldn't Have It Any Other way!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:37 AM   #18695

American Coach Owners Club
Rally

Quote:

Seems us and Virginiamtns might be the only mutants there.

Hey..... forgotten us already.

We are paid.. vacation days approved from w**k and already looking forward to a trip without the grandsons....

Looking forward to sitting around and relaxing.

Hope a few more STM make it as well.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:19 AM   #18696

R U an RV Mutant too?

I am issuing an RVM CHALLENGE!!!!!

Where shall we have Son of GC@CL?

If every RVM puts in one suggestion in the NEXT 2 WEEKS, we will have a lot of ammo to work with.

One me and one Steve cannot have as many ideas as a bunch of STMs, ya know? YOUR INPUT and ideas can make a HUGE difference.

How about giving us a boost and put a bunch of suggestions in at www.rvmutants.com
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:38 AM   #18697
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I

All the best muteys!!!
RVM2
Steve and Annie
Aren't we verbose today!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:44 AM   #18698

Edgewise. There! I got a word in.

:O
Sue
Old 07-08-2014, 07:15 AM   #18699

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Hey..... forgotten us already.

We are paid.. vacation days approved from w**k and already looking forward to a trip without the grandsons....

Looking forward to sitting around and relaxing.

Hope a few more STM make it as well.
Spotted you on the list last night after I made that post! Been so busy so far this year just now getting around to planning this trip. If I can find a way to travel with my billboard size sign I assure you, you will have no problem spotting us!
Old 07-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #18700

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Good Afternoon STMs!

With a little luck the coach will be all fixed up this afternoon and we get back to rainbow surfing for a couple weeks. We will spend a few days in Mackinaw City and visit the Island. After that we will be 9 days in Escanaba, MI for the Newmar International Rally.

However...

It appears that the fall I took a few weeks ago when I was sick has taken its toll on my back so we will head back to Champaign, IL on July 21st for up to 6 weeks of evaluation of my back, therapy and if needed surgery. The surgery is not a given but a possibility.

Don't worry....it will all work out in the end.

It opens up some options for us to attend another IRV2 function in September put together by the Hoots. From there we can work on visiting family in GA and then meander to TX by November.

No one said the rainbow was straight path but we find it is always interesting.
What happened to your skyrig? And what did you do to you back? Why you falling down? You know better... i think you just hurt your back while putting out those 5 satellite dishes
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #18701

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I am issuing an RVM CHALLENGE!!!!!

Where shall we have Son of GC@CL?

If every RVM puts in one suggestion in the NEXT 2 WEEKS, we will have a lot of ammo to work with.

One me and one Steve cannot have as many ideas as a bunch of STMs, ya know? YOUR INPUT and ideas can make a HUGE difference.

How about giving us a boost and put a bunch of suggestions in at www.rvmutants.com
O GOODNESS! Dave has his kimono ready!
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:36 AM   #18702

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Aren't we verbose today!
I dunno - what's that mean?