Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #20063

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Geez, what a day!
Steve and Annie -- congrats!
Diane -- Ommms for LitaBit!
Tim -- ROFLMAO for poor Granny and her latest crime.
Sue -- Dang! Another cruise! All gussied up this time, huh?
Tina -- bring on the pics!
Ken -- boy you better hurry and git that DP!
Dave -- ain't no unicorn can shine brighter than you!

Did y'all hear? Don is home. What a day!

Barb, I wrote an answer to you on my iPad yesterday, but the dang thing couldn't send it. Internet connection zilch. It'll come through sometime.

In the meantime, I'm so glad for Don and Arlene. They are so lucky to have you there and prepared to help big time.

Cheers!
Sue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #20064

Monaco Owners Club
Diane:

We have had a couple of bouts with doggies that swallowed things. The first time we thought we knew what the doggie had swallowed - a feminine hygiene product! The vet couldn't find it on x-ray, but the poor doggie was throwing up nasty stuff, and not keeping anything down. Being young and poor at the time, we couldn't pay the $2K down payment for surgery. We took doggie home and gave it hairball medicine. Hairball medicine is greasy and thick, and the obstruction passed right on through slick as a whistle. $1997 dollars saved!

Round two was more recent. Our poor little dachshund went through several episodes where she would throw up and then be fine. This went on for several weeks. We couldn't find anything wrong. Then, at 11:00pm on a Friday, doggie started throwing up blood, and was having troubles at the other end, too. We rushed to the veterinary emergency room, and they took x-rays and did blood work. They couldn't identify the source of the problem, so they gave her fluids, antibiotics and stomach medicine, said she might have pancreatitis and sent us home. Monday at our regular doc - more x-rays, said it might be pancreatitis and sent us home with more meds. Doggie never got better, still throwing up, and now our 12 pound dog weighed 7 1/2 pounds. We tried the hairball remedy, but nothing helped. I was feeding her strained baby food meats, yogurt and pumpkin through a syringe, but she kept getting sicker.

I called the vet - I was afraid she was going to die. We took her back in, and they did a barium swallow - nothing on the x-rays again! They said "Well, we need to do exploratory surgery since we don't know what's going on and she's going downhill fast." OK, we said, being less poor and much older, and they proceeded. We got a call about three hours later, and they asked if we were missing part of a Teva sandal. "Well, one got chewed up about three months ago," we said. They said, "Well, we have one of the pieces - the one that says "Teva" on a plastic tab."

That was an expensive pair of sandals - $3000 for the vet care and $90 for the sandals.

I hope your doggie feels better soon. If not, hairball medicine is my go-to drug of choice. It costs less than surgery!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #20065

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
This resting mutant just left the osteopath's office from having a steroid injection into a bursa near the left hip. TMI? It was amazingly painless! This from a woman who used to be phobic about needles of the injection kind. Could never have been a druggie!

Diane, it's do good to hear that LitaBit is okay! Did they find the obstructing matter? Or does it matter?

Cheers all!
Sue
Oh My... a bursa - and a bursitis - are two things I do not have and don't miss. Many healing Ommms and Ommms of pain relief too... I know those steroids are rough on us - even local injections to some degree - but they sure work wonders on pains and inflammation.

Feel better - after all - ya have lots of deck walking and walking tours to do - but that big stick of yours should help!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #20066

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
This resting mutant just left the osteopath's office from having a steroid injection into a bursa near the left hip. TMI? It was amazingly painless! This from a woman who used to be phobic about needles of the injection kind. Could never have been a druggie!

Diane, it's do good to hear that LitaBit is okay! Did they find the obstructing matter? Or does it matter?

Cheers all!
Sue
I had a spinal injection on Monday, the last of three. I hope you feel better quickly. Ohhhhhhmmmmm.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #20067

Solo Rvers Club
Many healing Ohhhmmmmms to Sue and Elizabeth.......Ohmmmm, Ohmmmmm.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:51 PM   #20068

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
I had a spinal injection on Monday, the last of three. I hope you feel better quickly. Ohhhhhhmmmmm.
Wow - Dons Back - Sandees hip - Sues hip - Elizabeth's back... the Ohmmmm generator is working extra shifts these days... many healing and comforting Ohmmmmmmmm ' s to all.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #20069

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Diane:

We have had a couple of bouts with doggies that swallowed things. The first time we thought we knew what the doggie had swallowed - a feminine hygiene product! The vet couldn't find it on x-ray, but the poor doggie was throwing up nasty stuff, and not keeping anything down. Being young and poor at the time, we couldn't pay the $2K down payment for surgery. We took doggie home and gave it hairball medicine. Hairball medicine is greasy and thick, and the obstruction passed right on through slick as a whistle. $1997 dollars saved!

Round two was more recent. Our poor little dachshund went through several episodes where she would throw up and then be fine. This went on for several weeks. We couldn't find anything wrong. Then, at 11:00pm on a Friday, doggie started throwing up blood, and was having troubles at the other end, too. We rushed to the veterinary emergency room, and they took x-rays and did blood work. They couldn't identify the source of the problem, so they gave her fluids, antibiotics and stomach medicine, said she might have pancreatitis and sent us home. Monday at our regular doc - more x-rays, said it might be pancreatitis and sent us home with more meds. Doggie never got better, still throwing up, and now our 12 pound dog weighed 7 1/2 pounds. We tried the hairball remedy, but nothing helped. I was feeding her strained baby food meats, yogurt and pumpkin through a syringe, but she kept getting sicker.

I called the vet - I was afraid she was going to die. We took her back in, and they did a barium swallow - nothing on the x-rays again! They said "Well, we need to do exploratory surgery since we don't know what's going on and she's going downhill fast." OK, we said, being less poor and much older, and they proceeded. We got a call about three hours later, and they asked if we were missing part of a Teva sandal. "Well, one got chewed up about three months ago," we said. They said, "Well, we have one of the pieces - the one that says "Teva" on a plastic tab."

That was an expensive pair of sandals - $3000 for the vet care and $90 for the sandals.

I hope your doggie feels better soon. If not, hairball medicine is my go-to drug of choice. It costs less than surgery!

Thanks Elizabeth.... My bill was only $200, and i do have insurance on her, so will get some back..... She is doing great today, ate and has had a bm, so food is going through ok.... Cannot figure out what she might have eaten, as nothing is missing..... And she isnt normally a chewer, etc. now if it had been QTπ, i would not have been surprised. Last month she ate a foil covered white chocolate piece, and after 43 years of owning my OWN dogs, i finally learned how to make a dog vomit...... I will keep the hairball medicine in mind. These are the first dogs i have ever had insurance on, and it isnt too bad a deal. It does cover their rabies and heartworm meds too..... And for Q when she gets spayed next month too..... And now i get a multiple pet discount......
Hope your back is better... Thanks for the info....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #20070

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Perhaps a little a mutant culture will get you mutants to chattering....
http://youtu.be/0a3-q8MiuKQ

It is in high fidelity too.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #20071

Yikes ... do you realize how that sounds coming through a puny iPad speaker? My cat even woke up and left the room.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #20072

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Oh My... a bursa - and a bursitis - are two things I do not have and don't miss. Many healing Ommms and Ommms of pain relief too... I know those steroids are rough on us - even local injections to some degree - but they sure work wonders on pains and inflammation.

Feel better - after all - ya have lots of deck walking and walking tours to do - but that big stick of yours should help!

A buncha bursas you DO need, but the bursitis you can definitely do without and not miss! I feel fine this afternoon. A few days will begin to tell the true tale.

Too bad that big stick won't fit in a suitcase. Not one I'm capable of carrying, anyway. I'll have to go to Rent-A-Stick while we're in England.

Cheers,
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 08-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #20073

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Wow - Dons Back - Sandees hip - Sues hip - Elizabeth's back... the Ohmmmm generator is working extra shifts these days... many healing and comforting Ohmmmmmmmm ' s to all.
I think its called getting old !!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:36 PM   #20074

Quote:

Thanks from Sue, and I'm doubling down on the ommmms for others. Yep, getting old. It's when all yer warranties have done run out!

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 08-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #20075

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I think its called getting old !!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Stop saying that or I am going to have to run you over with my scooter.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #20076
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
I paid Bonita Bounder Off today!!!!
Congrats on all accounts Steve and of course Annie!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote