Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #20315

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
What a coincidence! I was just readying to post this, (and what I am working on). Great minds think alike. Darn, I need to get back to spinning too!

Dawn on the farm this morning and a rug hooking pattern called "The Wave".

Very nice! Both pics. Will the Wave be a cushion top or a rug or ...? And I was wondering about you in particular, too.

I've been able to leave the charkha set up in the front room where it's out of the way but handy enough to stop and spin a few minutes several times a day. The tahkli and some punis live by my chair and go out in my purse, so I can spin sitting at home or while waiting in the dr's office or whatever.

The last 3 skeins have just finished boiling, so when they cool off a bit I'll go rinse and hang them to dry. There's a big dent in the stash now, where all the easy stuff was. Now it's seed cotton and linters, more than there were rovings. It will be slower going with those!

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #20316

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Very nice! Both pics. Will the Wave be a cushion top or a rug or ...? And I was wondering about you in particular, too.

I've been able to leave the charkha set up in the front room where it's out of the way but handy enough to stop and spin a few minutes several times a day. The tahkli and some punis live by my chair and go out in my purse, so I can spin sitting at home or while waiting in the dr's office or whatever.

The last 3 skeins have just finished boiling, so when they cool off a bit I'll go rinse and hang them to dry. There's a big dent in the stash now, where all the easy stuff was. Now it's seed cotton and linters, more than there were rovings. It will be slower going with those!

Cheers!
Sue

How many languages do you speak? 😂
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #20317

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
In all the excitement "somebody" forgot to tell you that there is a mutant web page. Many things are 'splained there. RVmutants.com Then there is even a Mutant (same crowd) group on RVillage.com. You join that and you can see a map where Mutants are hiding. Pictures and all.

You will have to forgive RVM2 for being more scattered than normal right now. He is morphing into full-time Mutant RVing. Methinks he is cracking under the pressure of organizing his collection of stuff. Once done and all packed in the RV, he won't be able to find anything ... just like the rest of us when we "get organized".

Oh, and about a suitable RV for you ... I see you are narrowing the field somewhat. Six wheels, rear engine that is loud, and plenty of windows to help you recover from claustrophobia. Now, do you want Fiberglas sides, or aluminum, or maybe even stainless steel? Pics of what some of us have decided to drive (and live in) are on our profiles on RVillage.
Thanks for being on the welcome wagon... and explaining the many directions I'm running in. Seems like circles at times. But I do have the lable maker!
Old 08-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #20318

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks for being on the welcome wagon... and explaining the many directions I'm running in. Seems like circles at times. But I do have the lable maker!

To read the label, you must first be able to find the label, n'est pas?

Old 08-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #20319

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
Well, If I PM you my paypal info and I pay for the cup and shipping, can we do that? What is "FEGC@CL..." anyways?
Here is the long answer to your question, Frank... the "First Ever Grand Curiosity@ Catherine's Landing" hence the need for abbreviation... it was a rally/huge party, of sorts where as many of us that could, all camped together and spent much of the time running our mouths......well, Barb and Sena and Lily spent some time on the water kayaking there too.... and a few went fishing, some did a water color painting class courtesy of Diane, and there was a Mardi Gras Party, and a few other themed type dinners...basically, we pretty much ate a semi planned potluck meal together once a day.... or had beverages together. Even had a great fish fry! Mmmm... catfish! (and a bacon contest!)
Old 08-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #20320

Mutant travel mugs

Steve, I certainly expect the new RVM travel mugs to say 2nd Edition on them somewhere. I fully expect my great, great, great, great grandkids to be able to sell our two mugs for the highest dollar after they appear on Antiques Roadshow in 2147 showing off THE ORIGINAL FIRST RUN RVM 5 TRAVEL MUGS that they dug out of the attic of their parents house.

We mutants need to protect the value of these items as they will be considered heirlooms and treasures among the 84 million RV mutants that exist in 2147.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #20321

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks all for the congrats... really... truly, it has been the man putting up with the wife for at least half those years... we got married so young, I had to learn how to behave like a sane person..... ok... still learning, but I think I'm at least tolerable now....LOL!
Old 08-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #20322

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Thanks all for the congrats... really... truly, it has been the man putting up with the wife for at least half those years... we got married so young, I had to learn how to behave like a sane person..... ok... still learning, but I think I'm at least tolerable now....LOL!
You're a woman after your man's heart.

Congratulations to all concerned.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #20323

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbojangles View Post
Looking for a different place in Branson!!
I have stayed at ABC and Cooper Creek.
Is anybody familiar with Silver Dollar City
Campground? I know they are open thru 12/31.

Any other suggestions and why?

mrbojangles
This odd - I am attempting to reply to Marty and her post about learning to be sane - and the app has me quoting Mrbojangles - about Branson.

Let's see where this goes and maybe why??? maybe I need to reboot....
Old 08-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #20324

A mystery quote was snagged out of the ether. A parallel universe, possibly?
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #20325

Vintage RV Owners Club
That's funny!
Old 08-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #20326

Vintage RV Owners Club
In fact... a quote from 2008... another blast from the past.... weird things are up with IRV2... I do say!
Old 08-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #20327

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well - it is quoting right now but I forgot what I was going to say....
Old 08-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #20328

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Still wanting one or two. We need them before the iRV2 rally so we can show them off. Where do we send a check? Now Wayne and Tim, no shenanigans. I'm not sending checks to y'all.

Smart lady.......

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote