Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #21365

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
These are the view from our seats at the Secret Cove Restaurant in Anacortes, WA.
Fabulous sea food dinner with a sunset to match. My girls and I had a great evening.

Attachment 72294Attachment 72295
Great pics Les!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2014, 07:01 AM   #21366

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Not sold yet. It'll be on the block this fall after I spend more $$$ to fix some things.
Les, are you making a TV show out of your RV trades? Don is a car buff and his TV is usually on the Velocity channel. They have a series where this guy starts out with a cheap car and keeps trading up to a very expensive car (Maserati?). Last one I noticed was an old VW bus that he made an $1800 profit on.

I think of you every time that show is on. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #21367

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So here's a thought - FERVMMRNYECC 123115...

I have just started researching the possibility of wintering in AZ in 2015 - 2016 and thinking about leaving Bonita at the RV park and driving over to San Diego - hopping on a Norwegian Cruise and doing the First Ever RV Mutant Mexican Riviera New Years Eve Curiosity Cruise... so... talk amongst yerselves....

Annie just pointed out that Christmas may place home town demands on some so date is flexible - even to Valentines Day... or so..
Cruises are out of our acceptable venue file. Even if they would let her aboard, travel outside the USA would make her an illegal alien with zero chance or getting a green card.

Y'all have fun!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #21368

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes! Wheeler Dealers Trading Up. I love that show. I watched a lot of TV for 3 months recuperating, and that was one of them.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #21369

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Cruises are out of our acceptable venue file. Even if they would let her aboard, travel outside the USA would make her an illegal alien with zero chance or getting a green card.

Y'all have fun!
Don't they have "cruises" or "resorts" for our fur faced friends - where they get a holiday from us while we get one from them... ???

I know each situation is different - and it's hard to leave them - but when I had Lhasas' I did kennel them from time to time. Sena may not be possible at all... just curious.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #21370

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Hmmm Little dusty here pardon my slacking!!

Gonna be another Labor Day smok'er here in Alabammy today - mid 90s and ya swim through the air.

Of course, we DO have the benefits of spectaluar sunrises up here on the Mountain (OK what we call Mountains in 'Bama ya'll out west call hills )
So to clarify - HSV stands for High School Valedictorian ????
Old 08-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #21371

R U an RV Mutant too?

A little more from the kids' house before we left for Southampton this morning:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409323643.128596.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	791.6 KB
ID:	72315
Lucy in her walker, ready to show off for us.

More next.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409323715.343346.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	499.4 KB
ID:	72316   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409323822.039495.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	409.0 KB
ID:	72317  

Old 08-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #21372

R U an RV Mutant too?

And a bit more:
An action shot (my excuse for blurriness: it isn't your eyes!)

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409324134.804977.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	580.1 KB
ID:	72318

Alfie knows what it's all about:Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409324202.927050.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	499.4 KB
ID:	72319
... But he isn't telling.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409324232.065921.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	409.0 KB
ID:	72320

As soon as I clear some more space on this phone, I can take more. Our room at the Holiday Inn (would you believe!) faces the Solent and the area where the Emerald Princess will dock tomorrow morning.

Welcome to the most recent Holders of the Broom! Glad to have you here!

Cheers!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #21373
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Certainly hoping for a full recovery, Mel. You and Kate may need to "escape" when you are able.
And darn that Steve for being able to meet you two before Nola and I could!

We had 2 fine days with Colleen and Don (KSCRUDE) and on Sat we meet for German lunch with Martha and Bob (MartySQ). Woot-woot.
Hey, Dave. We are chomping at the bits to get this journey going. But, alas, we must be patient. Kate retires December, 2015. Actually, that will be here before we know it!

See you're from PA. I went to grad school at Duquesne Univ. in Pittsburgh. Loved a lot of things about PA. Was there for 3 years. Let us know if you're ever traveling through our neck of the woods (NW Texas or south central NM) and we'll meet up. Hopefully, we'll have our rig purchased before the first of the year.

For now, I spend 1/2 my time perusing RVTrader and the like. After we get the rig, we'll save up some time off and maybe go park for a week or two somewhere that we can meet up with a few Muties. I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you Rainbow Chasers! And I gotta meet Barb. She is my new hero and role model and I haven't even met her. Anyone who has a pet monkey is a certifiable free spirit. And I like anyone who is a free spirit!

Two bits, four bits, six bits, a dollar.
All for the Mutants, stand up and holler!!!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #21374

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Time to MOTATE!

Getting ready to pull the jacks up and slides in. Heading for Monticello, IN for about 3 weeks of time in my brother in law's summer home while the coach is at the goodies shop for a new floor. ETA back on the road is the 18th of September.

Not sure how much internet we will have so catch ya'll when we can. SAFE TRAVELS to all!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:15 AM   #21375

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Such a deal!

The remotes on our Sleep Number bed were analog and the displays had died... they were hard wired and needed to be replaced.

Called Sleep Number and for $120 we have a new pump, hoses and 2 new digital / wireless remotes on the way.

That was a surprised. I thought it would be more.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #21376

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post

And to Barbara, my hat is off. Rehabbing two new knees at once ... Well, all I can say is

Mel
Thanks Mel! My surgery was Feb 5th and the GC@CL was starting on April 24th. I didn't have the time or patience for 2 surgeries and recoveries. That and both knees were so bad I wouldn't have been able to do a decent job at rehabbing the first.

It was REALLY tough for the first week, but got easier everyday. I know that rehab is 10% exercises and 90% attitude. The "Honey get me a pain pill while I, OUCH, prop my knee on this pillow" types stay disabled. If you decide you want your life back and work thru the pain it goes away faster.

I'm left foot dominate and my right knee has lagged behind the left. At my 6 week check up with the surgeon he told me the right one was on target, the left was just way ahead. I still try to stop and switch to climbing stairs with the right first. Now I'm climbing stairs like a grown-up again which is good because I'm doing it about 30 times a day now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #21377

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Time to MOTATE!

Getting ready to pull the jacks up and slides in. Heading for Monticello, IN for about 3 weeks of time in my brother in law's summer home while the coach is at the goodies shop for a new floor. ETA back on the road is the 18th of September.

Not sure how much internet we will have so catch ya'll when we can. SAFE TRAVELS to all!
Hmmm... Motate.... for consideration in RV Mutant Phraseology and Lexicon...

Motate - the art of moving or traveling while mutating. MOTATE.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #21378
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
"If'n it wasn't so late in the year I might take you up on that. Haven't planned for it. No equipment like cell phones that wouldn't cost an arm and leg to use in CA. Withdrawal pains for a week or so would be tremendous."

I hear ya! Last summer when we crossed the border at Sarnia we stopped in Port Huron on your side to get a pay per use phone and a Verizon Jet card hotspot for wifi internet. Worked great, but when we got home we discovered there was absolutely no way we could keep them active or topped up until our next visit because even the USA visa card from our bank associated with our USA dollar account was tied to our Canadian address, so we could not pay, no way. They had to use a "fake" USA address to set up and activate them and we used visa for that, but once back over the border we could not do anything. Spent a lot of time on the phone about it! But there was no way we could be without high speed for weeks! My name is Tina and I am an internet addict.
That is what I have heard. I have used my VISA in Canada and I don't remember what the charges were. I might give them a call if I decide to go across. I resemble the remark on internet addict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Yeah, pretty much learned all that after rotator cuff surgery[...]
Mel
After two acl's one rotator cuff it was knee replacement time. You know that part during PT that you lay on your stomach, put a strap around your ankle and pull it to your buttocks? Well, I put the strap around and pulled one time - then I called the 90 pound therapist over and said, "I can't do this as it hurts and I'm not sure I could get benefit if I don't pull they way I should, can you help me?" She grabbed my ankle and said "sure" then put her 90 pounds on it - or so it seemed. They could hear me whimper like a puppy in the next building. Each PT session I asked for the same help. I don't have the flexion that I should have, but I can walk on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
A great Birthday Present for me would be you picking my submission for the Son of in Northern BC.
And Dennis will issue cell phones and free WiFi to all those that attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
A little more from the kids' house before we left for Southampton this morning:
[...]
Lucy in her walker, ready to show off for us.

More next.
Do they understand your accent, or do they say "What?" a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Such a deal!

The remotes on our Sleep Number bed were analog and the displays had died... they were hard wired and needed to be replaced.

Called Sleep Number and for $120 we have a new pump, hoses and 2 new digital / wireless remotes on the way.

That was a surprised. I thought it would be more.
What happened? Did you run out of "Hot Air?"
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote