Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #21421

Just got back from 4 nights at a campground not too far away. Took the wee dog with us. DD was dog sitting a young female Golden for a week, so our Golden was thrilled,lol. They had a super time and so did we!

View from campsite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	494.0 KB
ID:	72379  
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #21422

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
3 minutes 25 seconds. Stop when you've had enough...

http://youtu.be/BKezUd_xw20

I can name that tune...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:54 PM   #21423

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I am SOOOOO glad the journey is the destination because today was one HARD journey. LOL

Sandee's mom is in the hospital and this morning was rough on her so we decided go get a late start. After we got to the hospital I went back with the car to move the coach out of our spot for the folks coming in later that day.

Went to start the generator for the AC and it cranked but wouldn't start. NOT GOOD. It is Friday leading to a 3 day weekend and do you think I could get it looked at? Incredibly...YES! I had to drive the coach back up to Normal, IL (about 1 hour) but they slammed me in at 2 PM! Found that I had a wire come disconnected from the governor module, put back together and BINGO...it sings. Even better yet, since they had done a 1000 hour service a couple months ago...NO CHARGE!!! I'm feeling immensely lucky but that put us WAY behind schedule. Fortunately that gave Sandee some more time with mom who was feeling a lot better by the afternoon.

We finally get out of town by 5:30 for a 2+45 drive to our destination. We get about 45 minutes out from our destination and I notice it is getting dark but I don't have headlights! OH MAN...what karma eating devil did I tick off? Now, the good news is that I totally redid my headlight system and I know exactly how it is set up. My first guess was a fuse and I was right. 10 minutes in a parking lot, fuse replaced and we are back on the road. OH YA.!

We get to our destination RV Park in the dark and man...were we bamboozled about how good of a site we had. Let just say that there is no feakin' way they should have put a 43' MH anywhere near that site! We are dodging tree limbs (still need to inspect the rig in daylight to make sure I didn't screw something up) narrow roads and a site that is bracketed by trees like sentry guards telling us...GO AWAY! We had folks coming out of there RVs helping us get out of this trap. BLESS THEIR HEARTS! We find our way back to the office, in as nice a manner as I could muster chew them out and they give us a new site. 1 hour after getting into the park we are finally in a spot for the night.

BUT...a bad day in the RV is better than a good day anywhere else. LOL
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:57 PM   #21424

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
3 minutes 25 seconds. Stop when you've had enough...

Salut Salon "Wettstreit zu viert" | "Competitive Foursome" - YouTube

I can name that tune...
Well worth the 3min and 25 sec!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:06 PM   #21425

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don - fear not - something resembling your day will make it into the Murder at Rope Light Gulch Trilogy. You will play yourself in the movie!

Glad you are safe and Sandees mom is feeling a little better.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:09 PM   #21426

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well worth the 3min and 25 sec!
Just when ya think think the arts are getting short shrift in the world. Of course if not mistaken they are from Gremany... quite a bit of talent on that stage and not just musical - I mean comedic talent btw....
Old 08-29-2014, 10:12 PM   #21427

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don, I just posted "Take me with you" on another thread concerning Ca. After reading your above post with all the problems I might be reconsidering. Lol

Glad your resting now.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:52 AM   #21428

Sheesh! After reading all the sagas on the last few pages, I almost feel guilty that ours is sooooo tame! Our worst was having to negotiate stairs at train and Underground stations, and now that we are Q-Tips, someone generally stops to help.

One guy in London even passed us and then in a minute returned to carry my case up a flight. D'ya reckon guilt got to 'im and he thought of his own granny? Bless 'im!

At any rate, our ship has come in, bearing ... oh, not our first million? Shucks! She was due in at 7:00 and by George! When Martin peered out at 6:58 this morning, there she was:Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409381037.016077.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	532.2 KB
ID:	72386

Like a mountain, she looks closer than she is. We briefly considered walking there. Very briefly. Taxi, it is.

By noon (6 am CDT) we'll be in the boarding process and out of wifi. We'll be in touch when we can. Doubt I'll be able to ketchup, though. One day is plenty over the morning cuppa!

Best wishes to Sandee's mom. Thanks, Jay, for checking in. And all others for stories, laughs, and words of wisdom.

Cheers, all!
Sue and Martin
Old 08-30-2014, 02:29 AM   #21429

Not on board yet, not till noon, but bacon for breakfast there is:Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409386793.480497.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	752.3 KB
ID:	72387
and black pudding, upper left (thankfully cut into small pieces), and British bangers, right.

The rest of the hot food offerings:Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409386939.548362.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	673.2 KB
ID:	72388 It was a full English breakfast, plus various fruits, cereals, breads and pancakes.

I ate too much! <groan> Self discipline seems to have deserted me ... again. (Come baaaack! Shane, come back!) It had better return before noon or all is lost, and I come back a blimp!

Cheers!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:14 AM   #21430

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Don, I just posted "Take me with you" on another thread concerning Ca. After reading your above post with all the problems I might be reconsidering. Lol

Glad your resting now.
NO KIDDING!

I wish I could say I got a good rest but I kinda tossed and turned all night fuming over the CG "adventure". I'm still kicking myself in the ars for going into this CG like a blind mouse in a maze. I really should have scouted it out with the toad first. (NOTE TO SELF - LEARN! )

As long as after my inspection I don't find any scratches I'll simmer down but if I do find something I'm gonna get madder at myself and then write a nasty note to the CG management for telling me that all of there sites are appropriate for a big rig. Well...no matter the condition of the coach...still is getting an ear full.

I will probably post something about this else ware on IRV2 and Google and Trip Advisor and...(Copy and Paste is such a devilishly good tool at times. LOL)

Well...need to get my big boy pants on and check out the coach in the light of day.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:15 AM   #21431

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So to clarify - HSV stands for High School Valedictorian ????

I was on the debate team but missed Valedictorian

Does introducing a Senator when I was in College count?

Actually "HSV" is the 3 letter Airport Code for Huntsville, AL - "Bama" of course is a nickname for Alabama and Bob, well, that's moi (ergo HSV Bama Bob

Clear as mud now right?
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:16 AM   #21432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
And a bit more:
An action shot (my excuse for blurriness: it isn't your eyes!)
Attachment 72318

Alfie knows what it's all about:Attachment 72319
... But he isn't telling.
Attachment 72320

As soon as I clear some more space on this phone, I can take more. Our room at the Holiday Inn (would you believe!) faces the Solent and the area where the Emerald Princess will dock tomorrow morning.

Welcome to the most recent Holders of the Broom! Glad to have you here!

Cheers!
Thanks and I think you have a new winner for the "Grumpy Cat" photo!!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:21 AM   #21433

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
NO KIDDING!

I wish I could say I got a good rest but I kinda tossed and turned all night fuming over the CG "adventure". I'm still kicking myself in the ars for going into this CG like a blind mouse in a maze. I really should have scouted it out with the toad first. (NOTE TO SELF - LEARN! )

As long as after my inspection I don't find any scratches I'll simmer down but if I do find something I'm gonna get madder at myself and then write a nasty note to the CG management for telling me that all of there sites are appropriate for a big rig. Well...no matter the condition of the coach...still is getting an ear full.

I will probably post something about this else ware on IRV2 and Google and Trip Advisor and...(Copy and Paste is such a devilishly good tool at times. LOL)

Well...need to get my big boy pants on and check out the coach in the light of day.
Been there done that dude! In a state park in austin, I got so badly in the trees, I had to get on top and literally saw branches away just to back out without ripping an ac off. So don't feel bad. By the time you arrive, you're tired and just want to park!! Totally get it.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #21434

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Thanks Mel! My surgery was Feb 5th and the GC@CL was starting on April 24th. I didn't have the time or patience for 2 surgeries and recoveries. That and both knees were so bad I wouldn't have been able to do a decent job at rehabbing the first.

It was REALLY tough for the first week, but got easier everyday. I know that rehab is 10% exercises and 90% attitude. The "Honey get me a pain pill while I, OUCH, prop my knee on this pillow" types stay disabled. If you decide you want your life back and work thru the pain it goes away faster.

I'm left foot dominate and my right knee has lagged behind the left. At my 6 week check up with the surgeon he told me the right one was on target, the left was just way ahead. I still try to stop and switch to climbing stairs with the right first. Now I'm climbing stairs like a grown-up again which is good because I'm doing it about 30 times a day now.
GAAAAAHHHH! 2 Knees at once I agree

We were posted to Germany 2008-2012 and I had my right knee replaced at the Sindelfingen Orthopedic Hospital (supposedly the best in Germany). My Dr, who was also a Professor at the Medical University nearby was always chiding me about the "Crazy Americans" who insisted on having both knees done at once (the "German" way is do one, wait a year, do the other - and you KNOW how regimented the Germans are LOL!!)

Anyway, my Knee replacement and rehab was so very different from the USA that I can understand why the Germans think that way!!

Fortunately, I only needed the Right one done....so it's been 6 months, how are you doing?!