Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #21701

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Yes, I'm still alive. Thanks for asking !!

Just wrapping up an intense several month long foray of bus interior restoration. The diesel mechanics were not kind to my bedroom. The damage is now all removed, and new stuff built.

While we were in the rebuilding mood, many other things got tweaked and altered too. The PITA skylights are now history and covered over. Even with careful pre-planning, that job was far more labor intensive than this old rooster and his little red hen should have undertaken. In retrospect, I should have just told my "people" to take care of it.

Presently we are restocking the bus with food, clothing, and toys for the journey. The cat will go in last. He has been watching his bus from a high upstairs window vantage point. If a neighborhood cat shows up to pee on the tires, he makes a big issue about it ... screaming and yeowling.

So there it is, my story from Yuppieville and I'm sticking to it. Our departure will be very early on a Sunday morning not long from now. We always leave on a Sunday morning because nobody around here is awake and I have the town streets to myself. Nobody will know we are gone until the drive entry piles up with snow.

Our destination, as usual, is secret so the bounty hunters won't be able to track us down. The route we have plotted is convoluted and salted with many stops at interesting places. I will try to note a few of the locations on the RVillage mappy thing. Until then keep looking in your rear view mirrors. We may creep up unannounced while you are on the rainbow ribbon.

RVM34
Woot and Woot again! I receive emauk notices of changes to many things in the Village - unless I have a strong need to reply - I let it go by. Too difficult to mess with on the phone. But I do see many of your entries there and check in for others about once a week.

Glad you got rainbow roost rolling to your satisfaction!

Do keep on touch. Ya know we mutants are a curious lot. We will worry if we don't hear from ya now and again!

Safe travels bird!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #21702

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Congratulations to you !!!! Marcia and I celebrate our 37th next week on the 10th.

Cheers !!!
I didn't know that the 15 year separation was widely known.... kidding...

X2 and congrats to all mutants celebrating anniversaries or Birthdays in September!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #21703

Vintage RV Owners Club
Dave and Nola need to update their Rvillage location....
Old 09-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #21704

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Dave and Nola need to update their Rvillage location....
Yeah... they had me thinking you guys were having steaks... and then poof - on the border of Col...
Old 09-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #21705

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
Hi all! Just working hard! DW and I just celebrate d 37 years of happiness
Congratulations! Not many couples make it that far these days.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #21706

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Congratulations to you and your DW Frank!! Conventional gift for that is alabaster.....pics??
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #21707

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Well! Happy Anniversary to you! Hope you did something special!
Old 09-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #21708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I had a similar crisis when I was forty. I bought a Corvette and it only lasted one road trip Sault Ste Marie Ontario to Pontiac Silverdome and return.

I learned the location of every roadside rest area between those two points and the Corvette was gone by the following Friday.

The MI interstates at 75 in a 'vette are kidney killers.
*SNARK*

Not MUCH better in our TV with the air bags on MAX

Oh yeah...DW is thanking me for my insistance on getting 20" tires - see we were in the Detroit area in Aug when they had that little urban flood
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #21709
MPH

The search is on

Congrats to the anniversary couple! And, to copy Steve, happy BDs or Anniversaries to everyone who celebrates one this month.

I'm too pooped to go back and read the last 20 pages (or so) on the thread since I returned from the mountains, but I'll just check in here and let you know that my surgeon cleared me to return to work with a long list of restrictions. The knee is coming along, but has a long way to go. (I know a bunch of y'all can relate! Barb .... )

At any rate, DW has agreed that we need to go ahead and get our coach sooner than later. I have warmed to the idea of an A, because it seems you can get a lot more bang for your buck. Not to mention, there are some amazing deals out there on pre-owned Class As; but DW says there is no way she is driving an A. I'll be the primary driver, but there may be times when she has to drive and I want her to be comfortable doing it. So, we'll stick with looking for a 29'--32' Class C mini mh.

I like Winnebago and Jayco, and of course Lazy Daze, Born Free and Dynamax (would have to find a whale of a deal on one of those to be able to afford it). It will probably come down to what we find in our $$ range that is clean, has service records, and looks good after Mel's 200 point inspection. Well, maybe it's 100 point .... Ok, it's a 24 point inspection, but I look behind every cabinet and drawer for cracks and water damage, check all the windows and vents, look at the roof (I'm having a fiberglass roof or I'm not buying it), open the awnings and slide(s), inspect the floor throughout the coach, check the entry door for a good seal, run water through all faucets and check for leaks, check the tires for signs of stress, and a bunch more stuff I won't bore you with.

HOWEVER, I hope some of you will chime in with some advice on other things I need to inspect/look at/ask about. (Like you wouldn't! Ha ha!) I've had travel trailers, but I know there are probably things to look for in a mini C that I may not know about. So .... your advice is welcomed.

Ok, Steve & Dave, once we buy this rig, I'll be looking for a RVM "mini rally" to drive to so we can meet you guys and your DWs!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #21710

Solo Rvers Club
Mel, Just a ponder here...Before you give up on the idea of the Class A, maybe checking out a RV Driving School for your DW to get the feel of the A vs C. Here's a link to one, not sure how good they are, but I am sure there are others.

RV School

Congrats on the improvement on the knee......sorry it's to return to that place that STMs don't mention, w***.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #21711
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Congrats on the improvement on the knee......sorry it's to return to that place that STMs don't mention, w***.
Very funny. Well, I admit I laughed out loud.

The saving grace factor here is that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Estimated launch date is early March, 2016, after DW retires in Dec, 2015. With DW's retirement and income from 3 rental properties, I just may not have to go back into the FT work world after a year of living on the road. We'll see. I can retire with full SS benefits in November, 2018. I would LOVE to be able to stay on the road til the kids have to come get us!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #21712

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sadly, I was rounding a corner and that nasty curb just jumped in front of my outside passenger rear tire and popped it -- loud enough for me to hear it over the radio and traffic noise. Curb feelers would not have saved it. It happened within the first 25 miles of driving after being parked for 3 months. There's something about switching from driving Smarty to sailing the house that messes with my depth perception.

Do they still make curb feelers? I thought they went out of production the same year that white side wall tires took their last breath.
Barb, believe it or not, you can STILL get them if you want 'em LOL

http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=smi_ww...3Acurb+feelers
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #21713

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Congrats to the anniversary couple! And, to copy Steve, happy BDs or Anniversaries to everyone who celebrates one this month.

I'm too pooped to go back and read the last 20 pages (or so) on the thread since I returned from the mountains, but I'll just check in here and let you know that my surgeon cleared me to return to work with a long list of restrictions. The knee is coming along, but has a long way to go. (I know a bunch of y'all can relate! Barb .... )

At any rate, DW has agreed that we need to go ahead and get our coach sooner than later. I have warmed to the idea of an A, because it seems you can get a lot more bang for your buck. Not to mention, there are some amazing deals out there on pre-owned Class As; but DW says there is no way she is driving an A. I'll be the primary driver, but there may be times when she has to drive and I want her to be comfortable doing it. So, we'll stick with looking for a 29'--32' Class C mini mh.

I like Winnebago and Jayco, and of course Lazy Daze, Born Free and Dynamax (would have to find a whale of a deal on one of those to be able to afford it). It will probably come down to what we find in our $$ range that is clean, has service records, and looks good after Mel's 200 point inspection. Well, maybe it's 100 point .... Ok, it's a 24 point inspection, but I look behind every cabinet and drawer for cracks and water damage, check all the windows and vents, look at the roof (I'm having a fiberglass roof or I'm not buying it), open the awnings and slide(s), inspect the floor throughout the coach, check the entry door for a good seal, run water through all faucets and check for leaks, check the tires for signs of stress, and a bunch more stuff I won't bore you with.

HOWEVER, I hope some of you will chime in with some advice on other things I need to inspect/look at/ask about. (Like you wouldn't! Ha ha!) I've had travel trailers, but I know there are probably things to look for in a mini C that I may not know about. So .... your advice is welcomed.

Ok, Steve & Dave, once we buy this rig, I'll be looking for a RVM "mini rally" to drive to so we can meet you guys and your DWs!

Mel
Ummm... don't just look in the cabinets, when you open them... push up on the ceiling to make sure it doesn't give...sometimes water damage doesn't esp show right away but the ceiling gets a little squishy feeling....esp in the cabinets.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #21714

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Wayne your temporary air blockage was probably caused by dirt buildup in the dryer. Do you have pit cock valves on the air tanks? You should drain those if you do at least once a year. Luckily we haven't had air issues yet Steve. Wayne is my brother from another mother but I don't copy him on everything!