Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #22219

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by janlee2 View Post
Thanks wyane & Steve! We are in CO now. We were wayyyyy up in the mtns. The other day when the forecast ws calling or snow and ice so we left earlier than we had planned just to be safe. We would love to make the mini c but I just can't imagine not being with the kids and grands for the holidays. I'm hoping that there will be a get together in Fl during the winter!
Where in FL? I will rent an RV and meet you guys!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tim - Annie and I won the lottery this week and had this delivered to Bonita. We need you to come down and pick it up. It's our little gift to you...

Dreamer....
Grats!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
The Petrified Forest is still there, but somebody cut them all down. Not a one left standing!
Attachment 73759
Attachment 73760Attachment 73761
Oh, we've always wanted to go there...
Quote:
You are behind Herb and Wayne... ???
Hahahaaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Hello Muties. The hole in the ozone has closed since I was here last. It's been a while.

Went back to work last Monday. Dang, that was tough! The knee is really coming along, though, so it really was good to be back. I work with a terrific group of folks.

Kate & I are searching hither and yon for our perfect mini-C. I just missed out on the perfect one in Tyler, TX. Couldn't make the 7 hour drive out there to look at it and make an offer. I about cried over that situation. The knee ... still can't drive. I emailed the guy who had it, but he emailed me back that he had a buyer. I mean it was perfect for us.

We better find this RV soon! Gotta make a rally with the Mutants asap!

Mel
Take your time, if you didn't gt it, it wasn't meant to be!
Quote:
The whole ozone hole is still holey; but due to some whole-hearted, wholesome efforts to stem wholey hellish aerosals and such, the ozone hole is shrinking. Now ... Who's on first?

My god, I AM a Mutant .....
LOL
Quote:
Say, how do I tack "RVM89" under MPH?

Mel (I never sleep, either. I'm too busy smokin' briskets.)
I gave up smokin', bad for the lungs.... eat the brownies. man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
First you must be a IRV2 Supporter. That gives you the grebe bar below your avatar and the option to change the title below your screen name along with some other options.

If not a paid supporter you can go to User CP, then to edit signature and add it there.
Like mine!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2014, 09:22 AM   #22220

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
First you must be a IRV2 Supporter. That gives you the grebe bar below your avatar and the option to change the title below your screen name along with some other options.

If not a paid supporter you can go to User CP, then to edit signature and add it there.
We have had the RVM iRV2 Supporter pledge drive before. It is not a requirement of iRV2 or the RVMdom. As mutants we do owe a certain gratitude to the forum for providing a friendly place for us to hold our virtual curiosities. And I personally feel that in the hunt for Bonita - in rving tips and tricks - and countless other ways - iRV2 earns it's keep with me... so I am a supporter. Your milage may vary - but the additional photo space allotment and the iRV2 decal are among the nice perks of your small annual donation.

Ok off the soapbox. Join or not. The rainbow is bright thanks to you and iRV2!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #22221

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Elizabeth - Mary - Tim - Mary - Ed - Jackie - don't forget - we need that Mutating Group pic. And the mutant mug action photo series is anxiously awaited!

Envy is not a mutant quality - but if it were - we would be envious. Yep - we wish we were with ya!
Old 09-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #22222

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Joe - how are your full timing plans coming along?

As ya know - we're closing in on it. Got the last papers notarized yesterday to transfer vehicle / MH titles and Registration to South Dakota.

Once I hear Alternative Resources / Now dba Dakotapost - are ready to go pick up our plates - we will fly up - spend a day or two - and fly back all ready to roll!

Fill us in on how your plans are going.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #22223

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
While waiting to hear back from Joe - and the Mutant Contingent of Ambassadors at iRV2 Rally - I will share one other thing we are trying to do before going full time...

We are doing a mutated variant on the traditional 12 Step Program - seeing friends - righting wrongs - and such -
And on the fun side - going to all of our favorite places.

This week we get 2 birds with one stone. We get to have dinner with one of my dearest friends here in DFW - wish him a happy birthday - while having the best Hibachi dinner anywhere - Kobe Steak House in Addison Tx. The whole going full time is not cheap - but - taking a vacationers look at your "home turff" is fun and a worthwhile expense. Honestly - we don't take enough advantage of the things the place has to offer. Couple reasons for that I suppose - I am tired of driving the area... - if you live somewhere there is no sense of urgency... oh it will be there... and of course the idea of not coming back for an unknown time raises the urgency... still do not like the traffic though...
Old 09-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #22224

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
While waiting to hear back from Joe - and the Mutant Contingent of Ambassadors at iRV2 Rally - I will share one other thing we are trying to do before going full time...

We are doing a mutated variant on the traditional 12 Step Program - seeing friends - righting wrongs - and such -
And on the fun side - going to all of our favorite places.

This week we get 2 birds with one stone. We get to have dinner with one of my dearest friends here in DFW - wish him a happy birthday - while having the best Hibachi dinner anywhere - Kobe Steak House in Addison Tx. The whole going full time is not cheap - but - taking a vacationers look at your "home turff" is fun and a worthwhile expense. Honestly - we don't take enough advantage of the things the place has to offer. Couple reasons for that I suppose - I am tired of driving the area... - if you live somewhere there is no sense of urgency... oh it will be there... and of course the idea of not coming back for an unknown time raises the urgency... still do not like the traffic though...
Combo 12 step plus mutated short term last chance bucket list?
Old 09-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #22225

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Combo 12 step plus mutated short term last chance bucket list?
It has a nice beat and is easy to dance too!! LOL
Old 09-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #22226

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am calling on all mutants everywhere to take a moment to remember our friends, family and loved ones who have gone before us.

If you have been keeping up, you know that one of our Mutant DWs mother has been ill. Their suffering has ended and the mutant will be along when time permits to share their appreciation for your kindness, Ommms and prayers.

There is no rainbow without rain. For the time being, let it rain.

RVM2
Steve and Annie
Old 09-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #22227

Solo Rvers Club
Sympathetic and empathetic Ohmmmmmms and prayers for all who have lost a loved one.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #22228
MPH

Quote:
We have had the RVM iRV2 Supporter pledge drive before. It is not a requirement of iRV2 or the RVMdom. As mutants we do owe a certain gratitude to the forum for providing a friendly place for us to hold our virtual curiosities. And I personally feel that in the hunt for Bonita - in rving tips and tricks - and countless other ways - iRV2 earns it's keep with me... so I am a supporter. Your milage may vary - but the additional photo space allotment and the iRV2 decal are among the nice perks of your small annual donation.

Ok off the soapbox. Join or not. The rainbow is bright thanks to you and iRV2!

This forum has sure been a terrific place to connect with like-mutated-minds and glean a wealth of information on many topics.

We don't mind to make a donation and be supporters. Heck, isn't that why God invented credit cards?!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:32 PM   #22229

Quote:
So Tina - did it turn to snow up where you are... my Canadian geography is a bit rusty...

Been wondering where ya got off to... perhaps igloo building or ice fishing?
I have been w**king and lurking, living vicariously on the rainbow. DH heading down to Kiawah Island South Carolina this coming week with his 3 sisters, one of whom owns a vacation place down there.

We have plans to drive down to Florida for a couple of weeks at the end of October if the stars all align! No snow yet!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:58 PM   #22230
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Oh Mel...don't let your excitement and craving for the RAINBOW lead to make a too hasty decision. Take your time... we'll still be here. Besides, I don't think an RV is required to ride the rainbow.... seems some of these fellas use Jeeps too....LOL! Seems to me, riding a rainbow means doing what you want... when you want, and how you want! And, you want a good camper that is just right for you! so take your time finding it...
the hunt is definitely part of the fun... ask the possum!
Hi Martha. Thanks for the input. Actually we've been looking for a few months now and we are sticking to our must-have list, which includes these brands: Dynamax, Jayco and Winnebago. It also includes: fiberglass roof, levelers, roof ladder, back-up camera, good tires, hitch (to tow our toad), dinette booth and a sofa, walk-around bed, slide topper, and minimum 15' awning.

So, it may be a while longer before we find what we want! Oh, and I don't want to have to go farther than about 500 miles from home to get our coach. My heart may be "in a hurry" to find it, but if isn't right, we're not buying it!
Old 09-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #22231
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
I gave up smokin', bad for the lungs.... eat the brownies. man!
Right!
Old 09-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #22232

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Martha. Thanks for the input. Actually we've been looking for a few months now and we are sticking to our must-have list, which includes these brands: Dynamax, Jayco and Winnebago. It also includes: fiberglass roof, levelers, roof ladder, back-up camera, good tires, hitch (to tow our toad), dinette booth and a sofa, walk-around bed, slide topper, and minimum 15' awning.

So, it may be a while longer before we find what we want! Oh, and I don't want to have to go farther than about 500 miles from home to get our coach. My heart may be "in a hurry" to find it, but if isn't right, we're not buying it!
good girl!