Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #22639
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Catch me out of town and you sneak through, hum!

Not my rule, but pics our it didn't happen!
I planned the sneak through.
Pictures on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I don't know about Flaggship1 but I definitely wear the pants in my family!!!

Bonnie just tells me which ones to wear. LOL
For some reason that logic sounds so familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Any mutants have advice or experience with the GoPro Hero 3 or 3+???

Heath and Alyssa emailed that they use one for their in coach video. They like it - and my friend Bill uses one when snow sking and hot air ballooning.

Any mutants using one...
I have the GoPro 3+. Unfortunately I have not used it enough to give a proper evaluation. For what it was designed for it is adequate. The aperature has a little bending at the edges, but that may be a settiing I have not investigated yet. I'm using it preliminarily as a dash camera. The video quality is pretty good. Me thinks it would hold up in a court of law as evidence if need be. I also carried it around once and used it as a snap shot cameral. easy to carry. Fits in shirt pocket when not in use. Battery only lasts about an hour plus some. There is a second enclosure that allows for use as the dash camera and allows for USB plug in to a cig lighter for continuous power. I'm still learning.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #22640
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It happened: Mini-C in Little Rock
(Left to right) Larry, Dianne, Earlene, and Wayne

Di and Larry came to the CG and we spent a few hours chatting, then we went to the soft serve place for Di so she could suck a hamburger through a straw. After dinner we visited for another few hours at Di and Larry's abode. A lovely place and filled with wonderful pictures that Dianne has water colored. And unbeknownst, Larry is quite the "stained glass" artist. The need to post some pictures of his accomplishments.

We had a wonderful time. Depending on what the tooth fairy tells Dianne in the morning will determine if we can spend some more time together. She might fake it though just so she doesn't have to put up with me. Like, I have one toothless picture but I promised I would not post it. I'll just carry it in my wallet to have private showing. I know some of you will pay me well to see that picture. Don't forget to ask to see "my pride and joy."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0059.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	74583  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:31 PM   #22641

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Thanks Wayne... most reviews on the Black are pretty good. I think it's a special use toy - tool - and would be good on Annie's bike - shirt pocket and driving video to send her mom and dad... Hi - here we are kind of thing... the in rv videos Heath and Alyssa post on YouTube look very good...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #22642

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
It happened.
Sugar and calorie free milkshakes - 😎😎
Old 09-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #22643

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
It happened: Mini-C in Little Rock

Di and Larry came to the CG and we spent a few hours chatting, then we went to the soft serve place for Di so she could suck a hamburger through a straw. After dinner we visited for another few hours at Di and Larry's abode. A lovely place and filled with wonderful pictures that Dianne has water colored. And unbeknownst, Larry is quite the "stained glass" artist. The need to post some pictures of his accomplishments.

We had a wonderful time. Depending on what the tooth fairy tells Dianne in the morning will determine if we can spend some more time together. She might fake it though just so she doesn't have to put up with me. Like, I have one toothless picture but I promised I would not post it. I'll just carry it in my wallet to have private showing. I know some of you will pay me well to see that picture. Don't forget to ask to see "my pride and joy."

Love it all. Thanks! And we'll all look forward to seeing your "pride and joy" sometime, if Di doesn't throttle you first!

Larry: pics of your stained glass, please!!!
Old 09-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #22644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Love it all. Thanks! And we'll all look forward to seeing your "pride and joy" sometime , if Di doesn't throttle you first!

Um.....Larry uses a glass, and you request to see the stain in it....hmmmm. 😉😙😂
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #22645

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Um.....Larry uses a glass, and you request to see the stain in it....hmmmm. 😉😙😂

He could wash it out before sharing!
Old 09-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #22646

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Love it all. Thanks! And we'll all look forward to seeing your "pride and joy" sometime, if Di doesn't throttle you first!

I'm not sure I trust the old coot enough to ask to see his pride and joy...
Old 09-21-2014, 10:48 PM   #22647

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Steve are you sayin Larry is too old to still have pride and joy? Lol
Old 09-21-2014, 11:00 PM   #22648
MPH

Quote:
Venice, anyone? (I've waited years to say that!) or should that be "Venison, anyone?"

No, I'll stick to Venice. We have more pics of that than of deer.
Dawn as we sail in toward the Grand Canal:
Attachment 74563
At the mouth of the Grand Canal, left to right: the Campanile, St. Mark's Square, the Doge's Palace and the Bridge of Sighs.
Attachment 74564
Typical canal and bridge:
Attachment 74565
On the nearby island of Murano, we visited a glass factory and watched a glass blower at work while his well-dressed colleague narrated.
Attachment 74567
It's all beautiful, but I am amazed at how little of it I need to acquire any more.
Attachment 74568
Attachment 74574
You'd think this was a photo of a church, and it is, but see that unassuming little yellow palace next door? It belongs to Elton John. And we're told it really is a palace.
Attachment 74575
You want to ride in a gondola, you walk the plank! It looked like walking the length of a teeter totter!
Attachment 74576 And no, we didn't. I was sitting on the steps taking a break when the gondolier pulled in to await passengers. It was a designated stop.

Looking forward from Skywalkers Lounge aft on deck 18:
Attachment 74580The lifeboats were beginning their drill on the starboard side. Each one was let down, unhooked, and circled around until directed to return, hook up and be lifted back on board.

Another day, another port, the exercise was repeated with an obviously brand new pilot. He just could not get it. Kept overrunning his hooks, getting crosswise to the ship, unable to reverse ... until the boss finally boarded and took over. It was a comedy of errors, funny to us, but not to the principle characters!

I know exactly how it feels! Back a motor boat into the water, dock same; hitch a TT, hitch a tow vehicle. All same.

Tomorrow, Slovena, would you believe!

Cheers!
Sue
Sue, you take some amazing pics! You have the energy and stamina of a teenager. Your Rainbow sure does stretch a loooooooong way around the world!

Terrific!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #22649
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
We are so glad to have you two aboard. Elizabeth and MaryAttachment 74562
Thanks so much! Look forward to meeting y'all somewhere along the Rainbow before too much longer!

Mel
Old 09-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #22650
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Les reminds me of the Show -Wheeler Dealers. They had one where they started out with $3000 car and kept trading to work up to a $40000 supercar. I think eventually he will get a Prevost!
I see y'all have a 2000 Endeavor. How has it served you over the years? I'm going to be looking at a '98 Endeavor this weekend. It has everything--and I mean EVERYTHING--we could possible want, including W/D, solar panel, and more. Has 45kmiles. It also has the ugliest floral print upholstery on the couch and benches. If we decide to buy it, there would be some quick re-upholstering going on in that coach.

The thing it does not have that we don't want or need (as full-fledged RVMs) is an outdoor kitchen. That's why God created fire rings and grills.

Anyway, sure would love to hear more about your coach!

Mel
Old 09-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #22651

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Steve are you sayin Larry is too old to still have pride and joy? Lol
Not even close... lol... Wayne said to ask him... to show you HIS pride and joy... and that should be Earlene - but he implied it is a picture of Di with her missing tooth... but knowing Wayne...
Old 09-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #22652

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
I see y'all have a 2000 Endeavor. How has it served you over the years? I'm going to be looking at a '98 Endeavor this weekend. It has everything--and I mean EVERYTHING--we could possible want, including W/D, solar panel, and more. Has 45kmiles. It also has the ugliest floral print upholstery on the couch and benches. If we decide to buy it, there would be some quick re-upholstering going on in that coach.

The thing it does not have that we don't want or need (as full-fledged RVMs) is an outdoor kitchen. That's why God created fire rings and grills.

Anyway, sure would love to hear more about your coach!

Mel
I have got to warn ya... Tim has the outside kitchen... and while I have not earned an invitation to watch him cheffin on it - I hear it is quite functional for his mutant operandi.