Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #23185
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
There's Bonnie and Clyde - Ma and Pa Kettle and Tim and Mary...
... and Thelma & Louise ...
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #23186
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hi Mel - first off - hahahah - I'm not particularly knowledgeable. In fact, I have a list of hard knocks that will rival anyone's... I just know my own situation. You have a nice thing going with the rental income. It's all a matter of what works for you. You should be proud of that. I think with 3 houses you can put a hotel on the boardwalk - or Park Place...

So we watched The Shawshank Redemption for umpteenth time last night - I'm always taken by the line

Andy Dufresne: "I guess it comes down to a simple choice really. Get busy living, or get busy dying."

Define living and dying for you and yours ---> And of course it's scary. The unknown is always scary. For us - we finally figured out that we really have so little control over things - and the security we feel in sitting still - staying pat - is an illusion. Jumping into the deep end may not be for everyone - but nobody pushed us. We just decided that the Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid run made sense for us under a very specific set of circumstances. We set about figuring out what that was and made it happen - the 5 year plan! Beats bullets flying like Butch and Sundance!! Lol.

As for looking now - looking in the spring - believe me - it takes some looking - months - and coaches are always available. I suggest you go and kiss some toad's - drive em - kick tires - open storage bays - see how the water bays are set up - how the electric systems and batteries are set up. Crawl under em - open doors - drawers - lift the bed up - push on the walls - knock on the doors - open the windows - lay on the bed. Before ya finalize anything - jacks up and down - slides in and out. Inspect - and find an inspector.
And above all - have fun. There is no hurry. And remember - you have each other. Annie and I are happy anywhere and everywhere (so long as there is heating and air conditioning lol) as long as we're together. I suspect you two are the same.

And so there are no misconceptions - being an RVM has nothing to do with full timing. Some do - some don't. Some may. Some won't. The rainbow goes on and on forever - but our time on it is finite. Find you way to enjoy it and make it happen your way. You will be glad ya did!
Steve; you are sooooo right. In my HEART I know it will all work out. I cannot afford to listen to naysayers and doubter in my circle of family and friends.. This is what WE WANT to do. And WE can make it work. Full steam ahead and no looking back, no regrets!

Thanks, too, Barb for your insight. I am going MH-looking in Austin area on Saturday. And I am jazzed!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #23187

Good Afternoon Muteys !!!!

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood, I just finished installing a new back up cam and it sure gives me a great picture my vintage 14 year old can was way fuzzy and wouldn't adjust properly. I called BCS and they said I could get a vintage can for $600 but then I called rvcams in Baton Rouge, LA and they had one for $118, Barb showed me one from eBay for $15 but that one wouldn't work with my system darn it, but anyway now its a lot easier to see what I'm leaving behind .. lol .....

Mel ... just do it and don't look back you won't regret it one bit. My oldest son still thinks we are nuts but that's his problem. Life us fantastic when everyday is a holiday.

I wish we could make the pre-Thanksgiving curiosity but the desire to put venison in the freezer is much stronger.

But we will be in Arizona before you know it and then will be concurring more Jeep trails.

Cheers !!!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #23188

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The most important tool for any project is an "I can do it" attitude. Humans are the most adaptable and creative of all God's creatures. Those who sit on the sidelines and whine never accomplish anything worthwhile.

I shudder to think where I'd be today if I heeded all the warnings of my friends and family. Most likely no longer walking this earth. Along with attitude, research and planning are also essential. But taking some calculated risks is the seasoning to life's stew.

I decided I wanted to do a Zipline and I did all 7 zips and the hike thru the Arkansas hills last April. I had my knees replaced 10 weeks earlier. I didn't enjoy the experience enough to do it again, but I have the memory of conquering my fear and stepping off those 7 platforms and of the friends who were with me that day. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Mel, those people who don't get "it" will never understand why you want to live in a box on wheels. Just smile and tell them you'll come visit. RVers make the best house guests because they bring their own house. For me getting to travel AND sleep in my own bed every night more than makes up for any minor inconvience that comes with RV life.

Good luck this weekend. I hope you find your Rainbow rider.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #23189

Solo Rvers Club
Afternoon Muties.

Healing Ohmmmmssss to Di and Papa Steve.

I'm with you Wayne on Dave's remark...ROFLMAO....

Steve.....Congrats on the start of the 3 week countdown.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #23190

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
PT is that freezer potentially full of venison going to be anywhere near Cherry Creek BC? I am willing to cook a couple two three steaks to your specifications if you happen to be close.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #23191

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
With the non adventurous attitudes of most people alive today the United States and Canada would still be within 100 miles of the Atlantic coast to this day. My DW and I love to travel and someday we may be hauling freight into your driveway so be prepared.

MPH if that ain't incentive enough to get on the road, nothing will ever get you there.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #23192
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The most important tool for any project is an "I can do it" attitude. Humans are the most adaptable and creative of all God's creatures. Those who sit on the sidelines and whine never accomplish anything worthwhile.

I shudder to think where I'd be today if I heeded all the warnings of my friends and family. Most likely no longer walking this earth. Along with attitude, research and planning are also essential. But taking some calculated risks is the seasoning to life's stew.

I decided I wanted to do a Zipline and I did all 7 zips and the hike thru the Arkansas hills last April. I had my knees replaced 10 weeks earlier. I didn't enjoy the experience enough to do it again, but I have the memory of conquering my fear and stepping off those 7 platforms and of the friends who were with me that day. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Mel, those people who don't get "it" will never understand why you want to live in a box on wheels. Just smile and tell them you'll come visit. RVers make the best house guests because they bring their own house. For me getting to travel AND sleep in my own bed every night more than makes up for any minor inconvience that comes with RV life.

Good luck this weekend. I hope you find your Rainbow rider.
Barb, you are one cool gal. I keep forgetting to pm you back about Nov. Will do so tonight or tomorrow night!
Old 09-29-2014, 01:13 PM   #23193
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
With the non adventurous attitudes of most people alive today the United States and Canada would still be within 100 miles of the Atlantic coast to this day. My DW and I love to travel and someday we may be hauling freight into your driveway so be prepared.

MPH if that ain't incentive enough to get on the road, nothing will ever get you there.
Omg, Possum, you made me laugh out loud and maybe need to change underwear!
Old 09-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #23194
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Mel ... just do it and don't look back you won't regret it one bit. My oldest son still thinks we are nuts but that's his problem. Life us fantastic when everyday is a holiday!
Cheers !!!!!
I bet you have less stress than he does!
Old 09-29-2014, 01:31 PM   #23195

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412019071.627425.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	75323
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #23196

Home....
"All I want for christmas is my 4 front teeth, so i can wish you merry christmas"
Not bad... Happy gas made the time go by fast... Photo when able....
Took a pain pill, get into my pajamas and ready to chill and watch DWTS....

But will be lurking, so no toothless remarks..
Mel.... Our mh is our traveling condo... We dont want to full time, but we love going out for a couple of months at a time... We are both retired, DH had 2 heart attacks... One before me, one since.. Life is too short and unpredictable to wait....

Ok chill pill kicking in.... SMILE....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #23197

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Anyone near Prescott Az should NOT miss the Folk Music Festival, Oct 4-5. This is the 35th annual. Continuous music and yummy old timey food. Bring your instrument! Come tap yer toes with us. 😄
http://www.allprescott.com/events/fo...c_festival.php
Sounds great Dave... since I couldn't be there - I went here...
So anyone going to MCD Innovations in McKinney for shades - the sign says One Of Top 50 BBQ in the World. I believe it..!

Hey Don and Sandee - Look familar?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1412028240894.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	75334   Click image for larger version

Name:	1412028263239.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	75335  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:05 PM   #23198
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Home....
"All I want for christmas is my 4 front teeth, so i can wish you merry christmas"
Not bad... Happy gas made the time go by fast... Photo when able....
Took a pain pill, get into my pajamas and ready to chill and watch DWTS....

But will be lurking, so no toothless remarks..
Mel.... Our mh is our traveling condo... We dont want to full time, but we love going out for a couple of months at a time... We are both retired, DH had 2 heart attacks... One before me, one since.. Life is too short and unpredictable to wait....

Ok chill pill kicking in.... SMILE....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
OMG, how right you are: Life is too short and unpredictable to wait. Somebody way smarter than me said, "Seize the day!"

Ok, I am SO curious to know what the "Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant" moniker really means and how the heck you got it. There has to be a story with that!

Healing thoughts coming your way, too. Ohmmmmmmmmm.....
Don't look now, but there is a Rainbow over your head.

Mel