Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2014, 10:49 AM   #25999

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The maintenance man is getting the 42" TV for always being there for us. We will store the 27" bedroom TV for now.

It's been a nice transition apartment. 5 years really kind of flew by in retrospect. And the past year leading up to retirement was fits and starts. Seemed like I'd never retire and the next thing I know - here we are. The movers are great - 3rd time I have used this company - they bubble and shrink wrap - and really know how to take care of things.

I'm enjoying a final sit down in my chair. Annie talking to neighbors and the movers are doing their thing. Life is good.

Oh - change in plans already. We're were to meet friends on Friday at Blanco State Park down by Austin. They have so much rain and flash flood warning that the trip has been called off. We will be up here in North Texas for a few extra days... mutate - The Journey is the Destination.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1415209398109.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	78295  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #26000

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
DH, Ted, is also a Scorpio and his birthday was last Monday. We celebrated with a tour of the J. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge on Sanibel Island, lunch at The Island Cow and then a water cruise in the refuge. Finished up with a visitation of the Sanibel beaches. Not a bad way to spend his 66th!
Happy birthday to Ted!!!

I have already copied your destinations post into my Evernote Campgrounds Notebook. Excellent reporting Tina!!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #26001

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Folks...

Sorry I haven't posted much but the last 10 days up in Elkhart was interesting at best. LOL Fixing a flooring mistake, furnace crapped out, slide mechanism needed replacement, headlight issue and general aggravations reigned supreme. But...nearly all things are fixed, working good and ready to roll...EXCEPT

Gunny has taken a turn for worse with his hips. This is the ONLY reason we would want to be back in our S&B with small steps. We are working on pain management and hopefully can get that under control and get Gunny back to better mobility. We are trying to get him into the U of Illinois VetMed Clinic to see a Neurologist. That MIGHT delay our arrival to Rockport but that remains to be seen.

I know you all know how much Gunny means to us. All of our fur kids get old and pass on but at 9 years old, it is too soon to think about that as acceptable. It puts tears in my eyes thinking of it.

I know you all will understand that I just needed to keep my RVM friends in the loop because I know you all care. Thanks for listening.

Anyway...time to give Gunny another dose of pain meds.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #26002

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
DH, Ted, is also a Scorpio and his birthday was last Monday. We celebrated with a tour of the J. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge on Sanibel Island, lunch at The Island Cow and then a water cruise in the refuge. Finished up with a visitation of the Sanibel beaches. Not a bad way to spend his 66th!
Nice 26000th post Who wudda thunk all this began with
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Just for fun!

OK Steve now that you're off the phone get back to helping Annie.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #26003

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Folks...
Gunny has taken a turn for worse with his hips. This is the ONLY reason we would want to be back in our S&B with small steps. We are working on pain management and hopefully can get that under control and get Gunny back to better mobility. We are trying to get him into the U of Illinois VetMed Clinic to see a Neurologist. That MIGHT delay our arrival to Rockport but that remains to be seen.

I know you all know how much Gunny means to us. All of our fur kids get old and pass on but at 9 years old, it is too soon to think about that as acceptable. It puts tears in my eyes thinking of it.

Anyway...time to give Gunny another dose of pain meds.
Don, if you can't get into U of Illinois, what about Texas A&M? They have a great veterinary program. Ohmmmms to Gunny.
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #26004

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Nice 26000th post Who wudda thunk all this began with
Congrats Timarti!!

Just in case the GPs and Larry are too busy (read:sleepin')......
Attached Images

Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #26005

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Thank you Attachment 78290

This was at Earlene's request
Attachment 78291

And for meAttachment 78293

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Di, I love the pictures from the MidiC!! It's like being there. BTW Dave has agreed to be Wayne's friend. Of course it's costing me a pound of bacon a week, but it's worth it not to have to do it myself.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #26006

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
Don, if you can't get into U of Illinois, what about Texas A&M? They have a great veterinary program. Ohmmmms to Gunny.
I just got off the phone with a neurologist. They had a last minute cancellation so we get in at 9 am tomorrow!

We will keep Texas A&M in our thinking process if continued therapy is needed. THANKS!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #26007

Quote:
I just got off the phone with a neurologist. They had a last minute cancellation so we get in at 9 am tomorrow!

We will keep Texas A&M in our thinking process if continued therapy is needed. THANKS!

I understand... Healing ohms to Gunny.... From us and our gurls.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #26008

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:

To get an appointment like that, either Gunny is one lucky guy or them ohmmms work really fast! More ohmmmms that he gets back on his feet really fast too.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #26009

We will keep Gunny in our prayers we have four Yorkie babies, and would be heart broken if something happen to them.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:02 PM   #26010

Texas Boomers Club
Okay, Steve and Annie, have you finally handed over the key that keeps you locked to earth? Are you free to roll on the rainbow?
Old 11-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #26011

Happy Happy Birthday Ted!
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:33 PM   #26012

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Don Jne is right! A&M is known not only nationally but internationally as well for their vet clinic. Many healing Ohhhms for Gunny. Our fur children are loved family members and we would do anything for them.

« Buc-ees | Trivia »