Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2014, 01:49 AM   #26055

Sky_Boss, how's Gunny doin'? And that floor vs. slide issue? All done and ready for the rainbow again, I hope! Hi to Sandee.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2014, 01:52 AM   #26056

Steve, y'all got yer sails and rudder at the ready? Sleepin' in the CG w/o the drag anchor at last? Woot! See ya soon!
Old 11-06-2014, 01:54 AM   #26057

I really ought to go to bed. Nobody but me is awake, unless stumbling to the loo and back to bed. My mind won't slow down tonight, so I guess it's time to count sheep.

Nytol!
Old 11-06-2014, 05:51 AM   #26058

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
What do you have that is fully automatic? I have to change the zip code - and let it run through 38 check switches - and then download the program guide. It takes about 20 minutes if ya hit it right and don't have to call Dish. I have the Mobil plan that you can cancel and start again at no cost - but I turned it back on a month or so ago on the lowest channel plan. Just upped to 200 plan I think it is. So signal sent and working.

It isn't the In Motion Model that follows the satellite while you drive. That may be what you have and why it's fully automatic. I saved a few $$ getting the Stationary - may have been unwise...

Roadtrip Mission in black..
http://www.winegard.com/roof-mounted...nnas/index.php

Its really just like pointing Dish at home. You don't need any coordinates - or Apps.. ???

So to add to the confusion - it might actually be the Winegard Roadtrip MiniMax ... same features..

He went to bed after he posted.... Still asleep... I git up with the pups.... Dont know what HE has, i seldom turn it on, but it is not an in motion, he does gave two, a carryout as well, if there are too many trees.... DIRECT tv.... Thats all i know, and all i want to know.....

Nice steady rain all night. NOW GO AWAY RAIN....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #26059

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
Not to change the the smoke color from red to brown, does anyone have a composting toilet in there RV.

Cousin Eddie upgraded a few years back from a compost pile to a flusher. He dearly loves the improvement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1415281902.780147.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	78329
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #26060

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Di - I would prefer not to know myself LOL...

These Apple totin "real men" men like to talk of such things. I was really just pondering and jibbering about what I was doing. Done it a time or twenty with this one so I wasn't really concerned. Although I do have to call them again since the SD stations still aren't coming in.

Looks like the rain let up here... fingers crossed. Coffee time. Work to do. Yippee we are almost full time.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #26061

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

These Apple totin "real men" men like to talk of such things. I was really just pondering and jibbering about what I was doing. Done it a time or twenty with this one so I wasn't really concerned. Although I do have to call them again since the SD stations still aren't coming in.

Looks like the rain let up here... fingers crossed. Coffee time. Work to do. Yippee we are almost full time.
Steve your in TX, why do you want the SD stations? Homesick?

Each move from one station area to another requires a change of billing address to receive the local stations. Our bill is by direct payment so they are always paid regardless of the billing address.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:48 AM   #26062

Quote:

Yep.... Thats what i figured... Jibber...... Lol.... He does pick up local on air tv or something like that.....

Rain
Still steady here. But we are in Kingsville, so just a short jaunt to Port Isabel.
No hurry.....

Barb was having trouble getting her meds, larry could not get his delayed or stopped... They delivered insulin yesterday to home, fortunately our neighbor saw it and will put in in our frig. Stoopid company..... But good to have auto alerts when they do deliver.

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:55 AM   #26063

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I wonder if one has to be a friend on Dwayne's FB page in order to see the videos?
Or Shara's as I believe the pics are on her page.....
Old 11-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #26064

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
None here either, but it's an interesting thought. Do you have one, or just considering the options? I don't believe I've ever seen a composter offered on a MH.

Cheers!
Sue
There is a thread here about that someplace and there are folks fulltiming with them....
Old 11-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #26065

Sue, just thinking about changing over to a compost toilet. TheGoneWithWynn.Com have in there Rv
Old 11-06-2014, 08:32 AM   #26066

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
What do you have that is fully automatic? I have to change the zip code - and let it run through 38 check switches - and then download the program guide. It takes about 20 minutes if ya hit it right and don't have to call Dish. I have the Mobil plan that you can cancel and start again at no cost - but I turned it back on a month or so ago on the lowest channel plan. Just upped to 200 plan I think it is. So signal sent and working.

It isn't the In Motion Model that follows the satellite while you drive. That may be what you have and why it's fully automatic. I saved a few $$ getting the Stationary - may have been unwise...

Roadtrip Mission in black..
RV Antenna - Winegard Roof Mounted RV Satellite Antennas

Its really just like pointing Dish at home. You don't need any coordinates - or Apps.. ???

So to add to the confusion - it might actually be the Winegard Roadtrip MiniMax ... same features..
Sorry Steve, just got back on. I put in a Winegard Traveller [did it myself] and it's a rooftop, stationary dish. After trying & fooling around with the tripod system, I just got fed up & went for it. It's nice, but it's Directv, because that is what we have home & just use the boxes from home. Super HD reception, and as I said, simply with a push of the POWER button. Have had it for several years now with no problems. I don't deal with the local channel changing, since we're only out a few months at a time. The only time I fool with a zip code change is for the weather channel.

This past year, I also picked up a Winegard Anser carryout for those times we're stuck under the trees. The Anser is also automatic, but not HD for Directv but HD for DISH..
Old 11-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #26067

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=Wayne M;2299038][COLOR=Blue]Apropos since Dave gave me the crab as a mascot, don't you think
Those three standing under the veteran's sign ARE all veterans.

[COLOR=Blue]He doesn't have an iPhone - to bad.

That's why I posted it & said it that way. Seems you were the only one who picked up on it. Steve didn't pick up on it......oh well....I guess he just doesn't get it, sometimes.....
Old 11-06-2014, 08:43 AM   #26068

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks Larry - we will probably never live there but we are interested in learning a little about our new "home state" - South Dakota - especially Sioux Falls. We can be good citizens even from afar.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote