Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #26153

Steve and Mart see on the flip ref mugs, later.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #26154

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
Steve, we have already started shopping at camping world, so many things to chose from.
To save some $ Judy you might compare prices online. Camping World tends to be higher priced, but not always when you add in shipping costs, but can often save the sales tax. I usually find the best deals on Amazon, but my daughter gave me a prime membership so I don't pay shipping on most things.

Also, it's a little harder to impulse shop on line, not a lot, but a little. Just be careful not to shop when you are hungry for adventure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #26155

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
To save some $ Judy you might compare prices online. Camping World tends to be higher priced, but not always when you add in shipping costs, but can often save the sales tax. I usually find the best deals on Amazon, but my daughter gave me a prime membership so I don't pay shipping on most things.

Also, it's a little harder to impulse shop on line, not a lot, but a little. Just be careful not to shop when you are hungry for adventure.

I agree.... Watch the CW prices.... We seldom get things there.... But we do have GoodSam lifetime....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #26156

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I'm here, where is everyone?
Attachment 78429
Uh Tim, you may need to check your GPS. THIS Rockport has a much larger population. Now that's Rockport, TX you want to program into it.

Come on down! The rain has stopped and all the locals are happy to see us Snowbirds. By Christmas they'll be wishing we would hurry up and leave. Of course they want us to leave our $ when we go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #26157

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Uh Tim, you may need to check your GPS. THIS Rockport has a much larger population. Now that's Rockport, TX you want to program into it.

Come on down! The rain has stopped and all the locals are happy to see us Snowbirds. By Christmas they'll be wishing we would hurry up and leave. Of course they want us to leave our $ when we go.
Tim - take your directions from Barb. I know for a fact she learned how to use GPS just the other day. She had too - or sleep in the Smarty....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #26158

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Notice the sign below the Rockport sign. Tim was the LEOs takin' you someplace??
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #26159

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, so Rockport, Ar is hoppin tonight, the night before opening day of deer season!

Rockport, Ar is the small community at exit 98 on I-30, the one you take going to CL if coming in from TX! The sign says Malvern but the small area right at the interstate is Rockport! This afternoon was a constant line of pickups, campers, 4wheelers, ATVs and more headed deep into the south AR woods. 300,000 hunters in woods tomorrow AM!
Old 11-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #26160

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ok, so Rockport, Ar is hoppin tonight, the night before opening day of deer season!

Rockport, Ar is the small community at exit 98 on I-30, the one you take going to CL if coming in from TX! The sign says Malvern but the small area right at the interstate is Rockport! This afternoon was a constant line of pickups, campers, 4wheelers, ATVs and more headed deep into the south AR woods. 300,000 hunters in woods tomorrow AM!
So let the other 299,999 have em this year and join us in the other Rockport. If last year is any indication, you won't have any wild game left by April anyway.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #26161

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
300,000 hunters in woods tomorrow AM!
I sure hope you are wearing one of those bright orange vests and an orange cap, Tim. Arkansas isn't all that big. With that many hunters all rev'd up to shoot something, I don't want it to be you!

Be careful out there!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-07-2014, 07:03 PM   #26162

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So let the other 299,999 have em this year and join us in the other Rockport. If last year is any indication, you won't have any wild game left by April anyway.
Would love to but The Discovery is in hospital for yet a undetermined length of time.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #26163

Quote:

That much camo in South TX is a forest fire waiting for Yogi, Boo Boo and El KaBong.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1415412252.292170.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	78439
(shudder)
Run away kweek
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #26164

Quote:
We have to go back to apartment tomorrow. Maybe Sunday - but that's it. The furniture is all stored and we are living in Bonita. But she is packed. Apparently we thought everyone every cabinet, closet, drawer, bay and cubby was 5 times bigger than it actually is and empty... oh well - we don't have much else to do for the next couple of years...

LOL!!! "Apparently we thought everyone every cabinet, closet, drawer, bay and cubby was 5 times bigger than it actually is and empty..." We all go through that, don't we, especially when buying a new rig.

Talk to Martin! He's overseeing my packing, and groaning, and fussing ... and doing the best he can with all my stuff. If all my stuff is packed on one side and all his on the other, Bella will fall over on one side. Guess which side! 😜

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 11-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #26165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
LOL!!! "Apparently we thought everyone every cabinet, closet, drawer, bay and cubby was 5 times bigger than it actually is and empty..." We all go through that, don't we, especially when buying a new rig.

Talk to Martin! He's overseeing my packing, and groaning, and fussing ... and doing the best he can with all my stuff. If all my stuff is packed on one side and all his on the other, Bella will fall over on one side. Guess which side! 😜

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things

So, all is good on the Rainbow, and RVMs are....um....Improvising....Adapting and....Mutating. AIM. Hmmmm
Alert the temps!
New thingy for the RVM Lexicon: AIM.

Steve and Annie.....the term is "minimalism". But there is no quiz.
"AIM" for the Rainbow!

Sue and Martin, why must you pick sides? Sue, give Martin a bay or two on the port side? No rolling over!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #26166

American Coach Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
Can anyone recommend a good truck tire pressure gauge
Well... great question. It is one item not to skimp on.... think of the cost of the tires.

So there are different types and shapes. I purchased one from a Snap On Truck...spent too much like $125.00 it inflates and has a gauge. The part I wanted was the staight end and the tighter angle to get the outer dual valve stem on the rear duals.

I would look at a large auto parts store like Napa or a large truck stop.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote