Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #26195

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I attach it to my compressor and hose that we carry in our tool bay. Wayne would attach it to the hose attached to the fitting on the coach a compressor. But he doesn't have room for a stand alone compressor and can't afford one.

Steve, Wayne can afford one. He is just frugal. Some may use other words.
And that bay is waaaaay to clean and orderly and not full. Work on that.
Glad Tom is on the mend and sweet Annie is back up to full speed.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #26196
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The sun has come out in Rockport. Don't you wish you were here! It's gonna be a mutieful day. Hurry up y'all! We got some partying to do.

And Wayne, we always threw the sheephreads back unless we were going to set out crab traps. Crab will eat anything. Oh wait a minute, you are the crab. Now I get it!
We are having mutieful weather here also. Right now 65 degrees. Maybe see 73 today, 72 tomorrow, 77 Monday, 81 Tuesday then the cold front comes through and it goes down into the low 60's upper 50's, but still nice.

Earlene was of the family of fisher persons who threw the sheepheads back also. They are actually good eating. Just about everything out of the ocean is edible.

Quote:
We have some wrapping up to do at the old transition apartment today. Still have things to stow away as it is. But I had to share this picture of our Mutant Mascot Sparky. Got up this morning and he had pulled out the Official RVM mouse pad and declared it his cushion to ride the rainbow... so I set my mutant mug down and took his pic. Have never seen him this excited.
Sparky needs a Sparkles partner.

Quote:
I attach it to my compressor and hose that we carry in our tool bay. Wayne would attach it to the hose attached to the fitting on the coach a compressor. But he doesn't have room for a stand alone compressor and can't afford one.
You go that right on affordability! All those gauges, lines, and fittings must cost a fortune. I just use the on-board compressor, and for checking I use the dual-headed truckers gauge. I check the air pressure before every departure, even if only stopping for one night. Another thing I can't afford is air pressure monitors. I did try the TST once, but could never keep air in the tires when they were installed, just on the TOAD.

Besides, why go through all the trouble of hooking all that stuff you use up to a compressor just to check air pressure. A dual headed gauge, coupled with the on-board compressor and dual headed chuck works simply well.

It is what it is, and then it is what we make of it.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #26197

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Steve, Wayne can afford one. He is just frugal. Some may use other words.
And that bay is waaaaay to clean and orderly and not full. Work on that.
Glad Tom is on the mend and sweet Annie is back up to full speed.
Agree with Dave on this all around. I'm not FT and could pack more in that space for a weekend outing.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #26198

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Agree with Dave on this all around. I'm not FT and could pack more in that space for a weekend outing.
That is a very old picture. Don't have time to open the bay now and take another. Also - don't have time to pick everything up off ground that will fall out when I open the door. Give me a break guys. I know you know me but geesh - how stupid do you think I am.... don't answer that. Lol...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #26199

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
That is a very old picture. Don't have time to open the bay now and take another. Also - don't have time to pick everything up off ground that will fall out when I open the door. Give me a break guys. I know you know me but geesh - how stupid do you think I am.... don't answer that. Lol...
Glad Annie and her Dad are both doing better. You know we love ya or we wouldn't pick on ya! Big congrats on breaking ties to enjoy the rainbow.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #26200

Quote:

You at least need enough in each bay to make sure that nothing can move, and so you can experience the "oh, so that's where that darn thing was"!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #26201

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
You at least need enough in each bay to make sure that nothing can move, and so you can experience the "oh, so that's where that darn thing was"!
Actually - if things in bays can move - you experience the what the heck was that noise as ya travel down the road.... panic and oh the bottled water box came apart and the water bottles went rolling around the bay... oh yeah. BTDT...
Old 11-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #26202

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Actually - if things in bays can move - you experience the what the heck was that noise as ya travel down the road.... panic and oh the bottled water box came apart and the water bottles went rolling around the bay... oh yeah. BTDT...

Guarantee: nothing, but nothing, is gonna move in our bays! 😚

Oh, and I am inventorying each crate and bag before putting them in the Bella. Too many of those "oh that's where that darned thing is!" moments in my past!
Old 11-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #26203

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Guarantee: nothing, but nothing, is gonna move in our bays! 😚

Oh, and I am inventorying each crate and bag before putting them in the Bella. Too many of those "oh that's where that darned thing is!" moments in my past!
We will be doing just that if we ever get to the RGV.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #26204

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
As they say here in Texas.... if'n you don't like the weather - give it an hour. By the time we get to Rockport it may be nothing but sunshine...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1415482453638.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	78508  
Old 11-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #26205

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
59 and raining in Rockport on the 17th? Seriously Dude, you've got to get out to the Southwest ASAP! LOL😆
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1415489272909.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	78521  
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #26206

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
By the way we will be having a cold snap that day....!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #26207

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
By the way we will be having a cold snap that day....!
Haha Dave... (Hi Deb) I suppose I need a Jeep and an iPhone too... lol. I do recall Quartzite having freezing Temps last winter and someone I know spending a couple weeks with the AZ windy side slides pulled in.

It's just a little weather and heck - it is already colder than I care for here in DFW. I can't wait to get to Rockport - rain and all!! Still better than here and relatove.

We have a little more to do and we're off and running. Full time has been a dream and it's fimally coming together at last.
I know you and Deb wish you could be with us for the
First Ever RV Mutant Pre-Thanksgiving Day Feast and Curiosity - and Simultaneous Flaggship1 Full Timing Kickoff Party

But like some other mutants ya had to high tail it to AridZonia. Nothing wrong with that. But some of us will be here...

Rockport Texas
FERVMPTDF&C&SFFTKP
Roster
Wayne M
Diwizi
MartySq
Suspinz
Flaggship1(FT Oh Yeah)
Sky_Boss
Okmunky
TEFFY (Maybe)

And we will miss Jim and Ginny who had to cancel their reservation at the last minute.
And Herb and Barb who have a down family member. And Tim and Mary with a coach in the hospital. And all mutants everywhere who could not make it...

Journey on my wayward mutants!
Old 11-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #26208

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
What's the dates of the Redux again?

April 22th is mid week.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote