Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2014, 07:12 AM   #26335

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
We use dually valves, expensive but simplifies the inflation process. Big plus is gods ones last a long time. Extenders will leak after time.
Same here. With the Dually Valves you get a rubber disk that fits into the dual handhold that supports the inner wheel's valve stem which is a VERY GOOD idea if you have TPMS's on the end of the valve stem.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #26336

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Mornin', Muteys! 🎶It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day....🎶 Any day we get to start a trip is gonna be beautiful, and here we go. 🌈

What's funny is that Bella is parked in her shed with the doors shut. Only the shed windows tell us it's daylight, and the scenery could be improved. 😏 A lot!
Can't wait!
And now you know what you'll be doing to the inside of Bella's house , come next Spring!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2014, 08:10 AM   #26337

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Safe travels Sue and Martin and all Mutants on the rainbow.

We are stowing and throwing again today. Looks like we won't head south until Wednesday. Just so much to do. Later on mutants.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #26338

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Safe travels Sue and Martin and all Mutants on the rainbow.

We are stowing and throwing again today. Looks like we won't head south until Wednesday. Just so much to do. Later on mutants.
Steve, maybe it's time -ALREADY- to move up to a 45 footer TAG!!!!
Old 11-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #26339

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Evenin Muteys!

Geesh we step away for a couple of days and it takes me an hour to ketchup. Like many of you I read every post cause I don't want to miss anything! Anyway, like Steve said earlier Dave I just checked the message box but nothin there so I dunno why it would say full. Anywho, we've spent the weekend watching our twin GD's playin in an exhibition tourney for college scouts. Good news already! Arkansas, Texas Tech and McNeese State have them on their 2018 boards. McNeese called their dad (our Son) this evening and told him they were their top two hopefuls for 2018 class and would be making a scholarship offer right after Christmas. Not bad for a couple of Freshman but then we are obviously biased.
Herb, as Steve would say, they must take after Barb Either way, you still have bragging rights....CONGRATS
Old 11-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #26340

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
Steve, maybe it's time -ALREADY- to move up to a 45 footer TAG!!!!
We pretty much love Bonita and I suspect no matter the size - we would be in the same boat. It's not easy to consolidate everything into a 10'x12'x8' foot store room and a 38' motor home. I have talked to several who have done it and it seems we all go through this process about the same way.

Seriously though, we did buy Bonita with full time in mind so she should be fine. Don't tell anyone - but Annie has brought so many nick knacks and decorative pillows we could open a store.

She loves the RVing life as much as anyone I know and will find her comfy place with things in the next 48 hours. We have a CRV that can carry some too. That will give us some time to decide. With 3 or 4 months coming up in the RGV we will work it out for sure.

But who knows - a Prevost may be in our future. 😁
Old 11-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #26341

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Still waiting on the Texas weather forecast to change in Rockport... still relative to say Chicago - looking pretty good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1415635154223.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	78618  
Old 11-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #26342

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Thanks, Herb. I'll holler when I make the res.

Sarah get with me by Pm before you call so I can give you a space # to give Stan when you do call. That's the first thing he will ask you and be sure to tell him your with the mutant group too. Space #23 is next in line and closest to the Pavillion if you want that one.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #26343

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
You are not getting a diesel pusher with air brakes?

Here's my story and I'm sticking to it: I have a 6 gallon 150 psi compressor. I tried using it for my 110 psi tires but it was so darn slow. I had to let the tank build up to the 150 psi, then put the chuck on the valve stem and "bump" the air into the tire. Then back off and repeat the process. It took forever for me to get 4 to 6 pounds of air in the tire.

So, since the 150 psi, 6 gallon compressor would not keep up with the volume I decided to try the on-board compressor that is used to provide a 125 psi braking system. I don't know of any MH with air brakes that does not have a fitting for a tow truck to hook up to and release the air brakes. That is the same fitting used to inflate my tires. I can put a 1 psi of air in my tire in about 30 to 45 seconds. So much faster than the 150 psi 6 gallon tank.

My story, and I'm sticking to it.

Me 3 or 4. I read every post. I have since post 1. First thing in the morning I catch up, then in the evening around 10 p.m. I catch up again. Sometimes I catch up during the day. Just ask Earlene....no never mind, don't ask her, she'll lie.

Only from the house computer or the laptop when on the road. Phones and ipads are to small for me to bother with.
I bought a compressor at Sears. In fact, it was recommended on this site about 2 years ago. Its pretty light and mobile also. A 150lb compressor for $99. I think it does about 3-4 lbs in 10 seconds. I believe you would have to start your engine to use your onboard?
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #26344

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
DAVE!!! Does Nola approve of your philandering?

(Edited yer post)
Nola understands that I am an occasional language clutz and often use words that are multi-purpose.
She simply chuckles
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #26345

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
I think we need to get Larry focused on a special RV Mutant Beer. Maybe he's the one to bottle the first delicious Gluten Free Beer.
I'll look into it.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #26346

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Not sure if'n he can answer that....already so busy that he's havin' problems decidin' if he's afoot or horseback.
Sorta kin to trying to figure out whether you should walk to work or bring a lunch; back in the day?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #26347

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Still waiting on the Texas weather forecast to change in Rockport... still relative to say Chicago - looking pretty good
Why you picking on Chicago allatime? I kind of like it there
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #26348

Crosswind followed by a gusty headwind. What every driver looks forward to, yes?

Navsat tells us if we drive straight through, we'll get to Rockport by 5:31 tomorrow morning. Yah, shoor! 😱

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things