Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #26405

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
OK, a big happy 239th to those what qualify.

Thanks for that!
I feel a bit guilty that the USN is that tad bit older (mature) than the USNC (10/13/1775 vs 11/10/1775).
Naw!
Me and Larry (and all others) are Brothers in Arms!
So, anchors away and semper fi!
Hey, my Daddy was in the Us Army Air Corps in WWII.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #26406

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Rocky and Alice are oh so together, dude. They don't share their shade, get my drift? Being the coolest rocks in Camelot, baby, they just chill. You know, just be. No room for exoskeleton vermin on their roost in Gwen. No no. Dig?
Attachment 78664
I dig man... Rocky and Alice don't abide no stinking stinging scorpions... and long may they reign...

And that navy pic of you - Woot! - when I get to scanning our pics - I think I may have a similar shot of my mom and dad holding me. There weren't many as my dad was in Japan when I was born and then Hawaii. He came stateside once that I know of. By similar, I mean my dad in all his Go Navy pride... ! Well done your Pobahness. Well done!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #26407

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Yep... I have too many pillows. Lol... And paintings on the walls.... And BASKETS and containers.... That is what he means.... See you soon... And he knows, happy WIFE, happy LIFE.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Can't wait to get there. You are lucky to be down south already - well played. We spent the entire day in Bonita. Need to run some things to store room tomorrow - get a few more things taken care of at the apartment - most especially get Annies bike on the rack... Toss the keys - then it's back here to get ready to roll outta here Wednesday in the cold... brrr...
Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #26408

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands View Post
Howdy, all you Texans out there and all the new mutants, DCheck, TBD, and Who will it be. A big hello from Hollywood.
DChack, Judy's only being extra friendly because she gets to pass the broom and mop detail down to you. You'll be giddy that way when #99 stands up and declares their mutancy. It happens to all of us. Just make sure to get into all the corners.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #26409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
I know you did, and we are ever so grateful. 😆 It might get dusty again afore we git there, though, since it'll be December. We have things to do, people to see...or some such. We're taking the shortcut through Rockport.

Didja have a good trip? Are ya home yet, or loafin' around somewhere here in the balmy south?

Thanks again for a job well done!

Cheers!
Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
We are dragging our tails slowly northward with many a longing backward glance south. Tonight just north of Atlanta, then Georgetown Ky tomorrow night. Still nice and warm for the next day or two, then back to cold and snow.

Will post some pix when I have better internet.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #26410

November 11....1914 to 2014.
100 years!
It was Armistice Day.
It became Veterans Day.
This particular image holds my attention and begets my deepest reverence:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1415673557.562284.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	78668

Joseph Ambrose, an 86-year-old World War I veteran, attends the dedication day parade for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in 1982, holding the flag that covered the casket of his son, who was killed in the Korean War.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #26411

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Speaking of Judy - where is the Devine Miz H... these days. Are the winds coming in off the lake yet.

I think of you all the time. Annies sister made the the Rockford to Normal trip last we end and the weekend before with dad being in the hospital. Which - BTW - looks like he will get to go home a week from tomorrow. Of course one never knows. But - he is getting better. We do greatly appreciate you mutants and your thoughtful, healing oooommms...
Old 11-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #26412

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dang itDave! Now I can't see for the tears in my eyes. Cool pic tho.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #26413

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Before it gets to 100

As I'm addicted to all things RV, I truly feel mutated enough to request a seat among the mutants I keep reading about in this never ending thread. I in fact have a washer dryer hookup but I don't miss not having a washer nor a dryer. I learned decades ago the Journey IS the Destination and therefore hope I can be hereafter known as RVM99 (as opposed to TBD or the soon to be Who will it be…).
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #26414

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
And found this today.
Attachment 78655

Awwww! Toot sweet!
Old 11-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #26415

Fleetwood Owners Club
RVM21 checking in. Reading all the posts of all your travels makes me want to get our MOHO on the road. For now a visit to Southern Calif from our home in NorCal before Thanksgiving and at the end of May we are on our way for a big tour of Canada and the USA. Short visit to Kingman Az. Last month and a nice drive on Az. 95. No traffic makes this an easy road for a MOHO.
Loved the RV park in Mina NV.
Retired and loving it! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1415674479.492724.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	637.0 KB
ID:	78669 Milky Way in Kingman Az. Love having a dark sky.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #26416

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
We are dragging our tails slowly northward with many a longing backward glance south. Tonight just north of Atlanta, then Georgetown Ky tomorrow night. Still nice and warm for the next day or two, then back to cold and snow.

Will post some pix when I have better internet.
Dang.... time flew... we seem to be having long days and short nights. And yet - time is really getting away from us too.

Be safe and don't forget to look into a Yurt or Cabin At CL... GC Redux 1.2 is going to epic!
Old 11-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #26417

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
As I'm addicted to all things RV, I truly feel mutated enough to request a seat among the mutants I keep reading about in this never ending thread. I in fact have a washer dryer hookup but I don't miss not having a washer nor a dryer. I learned decades ago the Journey IS the Destination and therefore hope I can be hereafter known as RVM99 (as opposed to TBD or the soon to be Who will it be…).

Bokobird! Brave person to declare your mutancy in front of all us'ns! You must be a Connecticut Yankee, and that must be a first for us.

It seems you are about to nab that next precious number as you join our lunatic bunch and slip gracefully onto the rainbow. Someone extremely official will undoubtedly be along shortly to assess and grade your application and thereafter to announce your officialness.

Welcome, I say, thrice welcome!

Cheers!
Sue RVM #36
Old 11-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #26418

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oh MY! So many newly mutated folks joining the fray.
I, too read all the posts.....eventually, as sometimes I can't keep up. When away from wifi for several days I just read the last 10 pages to see what is going on. But I go back and read the rest I have missed. And yes, sometimes I realize that I am reading stuff which I had read before.

Good news, Steve, about Annie's dad. Improvement is great. Normal to Rockford isn't a bad drive, our drive takes us about 5 hours now to get to Rockford. Sure beats the 15 hour drive from Eastlake, Co.