Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #26489

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well Howdy Mutey's! It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood as Mr. Rogers use to say that is if you don't mind frost on the pumpkins and a howling, bone chilling cold wind. Wish we could hang out with you sicko's in Rockport but alas we are anchored for awhile. Di you and Barb expend some of that hot air and blow it back North........ No .....wait.....that is Wayne's job! By the way Father Time is that 239 decades or centuries?

Anyway, welcome Carl #99! Barb and I have two African Greys. One is a 13 y/o chatterbox Congo and the other is a 2 y/o Timna. Both are rescue birds and we love listening to them. The Congo is a female with a vocabulary of several thousand words. She speaks in sentences sometimes and of course never shuts up! Her former owner apparently cursed a lot and she knows how to say things at the most in opportune time.

Steve you guys be safe on the road, and same goes for Sue and Martin and Marty and the rest of you wandering vagabonds. We are already counting down the days to the Redux next April when we get to see you all again.

Speaking of which, for all you new Mutey's I think I will throw in another shameless plug for the Grand Curiosity at Catherine's Landing Redux in Hot Springs this coming April 15-22. As the name denotes, we will be having our second Grand Conclave ( not to be confused with Son of GC yet to be determined) in Hot Springs AR. Great fun, food and adventure await all who attend, not to mention the delectable aroma of bacon smoke floating over the park. Our Grand Poobah will no doubt be revealing himself at the official "Opening of the Kimono" and who knows what else may take place. So if you haven't made your plans to attend, then you need to hop on the bandwagon and PM me for your space # and info. There are still plenty of choice sites available so what say ye Mutey's?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #26490
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I know what film is - and still remember how to use it. What I wondering about is what this is. Seems a distant memory already - but I belive it's called closest space....
If those cubicle-like things are like any of them in my house, they are my wife's domain!

I get my excercise going to another area of the house to get dressed.

The sacrifices a guy has to make.....
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #26491

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Well Howdy Mutey's! It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood as Mr. Rogers use to say that is if you don't mind frost on the pumpkins and a howling, bone chilling cold wind. Wish we could hang out with you sicko's in Rockport but alas we are anchored for awhile. Di you and Barb expend some of that hot air and blow it back North........ No .....wait.....that is Wayne's job! By the way Father Time is that 239 decades or centuries?

Anyway, welcome Carl #99! Barb and I have two African Greys. One is a 13 y/o chatterbox Congo and the other is a 2 y/o Timna. Both are rescue birds and we love listening to them. The Congo is a female with a vocabulary of several thousand words. She speaks in sentences sometimes and of course never shuts up! Her former owner apparently cursed a lot and she knows how to say things at the most in opportune time.

Steve you guys be safe on the road, and same goes for Sue and Martin and Marty and the rest of you wandering vagabonds. We are already counting down the days to the Redux next April when we get to see you all again.

Speaking of which, for all you new Mutey's I think I will throw in another shameless plug for the Grand Curiosity at Catherine's Landing Redux in Hot Springs this coming April 15-22. As the name denotes, we will be having our second Grand Conclave ( not to be confused with Son of GC yet to be determined) in Hot Springs AR. Great fun, food and adventure await all who attend, not to mention the delectable aroma of bacon smoke floating over the park. Our Grand Poobah will no doubt be revealing himself at the official "Opening of the Kimono" and who knows what else may take place. So if you haven't made your plans to attend, then you need to hop on the bandwagon and PM me for your space # and info. There are still plenty of choice sites available so what say ye Mutey's?

C'mon folks, don't be bashful. The Redux will be more fun than you can imagine. It's THE place to be!

Most of us who were at the First Ever were meeting for the first time and it felt like family you'd known all your life. Only better.

Fear not The Opening of the Kimono. All will be explained in due course. Just ask our Grand Poobah! He, of course, will give you some line and you'll be none the wiser. 😜

Talk to the Herb!
Old 11-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #26492

Vintage RV Owners Club
ON the kayak... looks like something that wouldn't take too long to learn....

here is the CEO assembling the smallest one... about 10 minutes...but, he knows what he is doing....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=-FnJo48YUWc
Old 11-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #26493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Fear not The Opening of the Kimono. All will be explained in due course. Just ask our Grand Poobah! He, of course, will give you some line and you'll be none the wiser. 😜

Talk to the Herb!

Ask away, STMs! I will answer truthfully and honestly.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #26494

Hey Herb! I didn't realize you had African Grays. I would have been asking about them. Do they travel with you like Carl's do? Is Timna learning bad habits from Congo? And are those names or varieties?

My friend in FL has one. I love listening to Bobbi, whether we are visiting, or walking or cycling past. One time I spotted an osprey behind their 5er and stopped to listen to it screaming and see where the other bird was. Couldn't find it. You know what's coming: I finally realized it was coming from Bobbi's porch, and indeed from Bobbi's perch.

I love the Grays.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #26495

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptjeep View Post
hereeeeeee bucky bucky bucky .......
Hereeeeeee bucky bucky bucky ........

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1415736982.136708.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	78754
Old 11-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #26496

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Good Morning Mutants !!!!!

Old and new mutants both, I am sending you all well wishes from northern Indiana and a balmy 51° for now, tomorrow I head north to find venison for the freezer and I'll be back in 10 days or so. Its hard to believe I had to read over 100 posts to catch up.

And for our veterans I wish to say thank you for your service if it wasn't for you who knows what would have befallen the good old US of A .......

Cheers !!!!!!
PT, good morning back and I booted something last night. I meant to add this to the post above your quoted one. Denise and I just got back from our Remembrance Day Ceremonies at the Glenwood Centre. So proud of the huge turnout from our little town.

BTW, Believe it or not time. It is warmer here in western Canada than it is in Northern Indiana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Just watch, they'll get the number right in just a little bit. They always screw up the numbers. I think it is to see if the person comes back to read the correct number assigned.
The trooth is simpler. They keep assigning numbers, arguing over the assigned number and keep at it until they get it right.

Quote:
See! Told you so. Now who the heck is TBD. Never met that mutant. Is RVM100 "who" it will be, or "what" it will be. Is it "who"s 99, or "what"s 99
99 was always my favorite followed closely by Mindi.
Quote:

Thank you sir. Mucho appreciated
You're welcome and there are many in both the USA and Canada who are thankful for your contribution to both countries.
Quote:

Ditto on the thanks.
X 100s

Quote:

It appears that Alice needs to loose a little weight, or feed Rocky some gluten.

Welcome aboard. See the true numbers above, or below, which ever comes first.

Cement the back yard as a parking lot.

Only those that love me so much post such things. (Remember: glass houses, stones?)
Remind me when we meet to tell you the story of Grass Houses and Stowed Thrones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
The refrigerator is officially empty... a shame to toss good film.
You have my address. I still use my FR at times for important shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
What I wanna know is howzcum Steve has time to be on here so much....? ����
Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
If those cubicle-like things are like any of them in my house, they are my wife's domain!

I get my excercise going to another area of the house to get dressed.

The sacrifices a guy has to make.....
I've seen you. You have to hide to change or Bonnie will leave you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
You got it right; teach em young.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #26497

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Delightful pic, Dave! I saved it to jigsaw. Thanks! Now is that Tim, or Jeff? It's hard to tell from this angle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #26498

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Delightful pic, Dave! I saved it to jigsaw. Thanks! Now is that Tim, or Jeff? It's hard to tell from this angle.

Not sure. To be safe, call him Jiff. Or Teff. Or Jem. Anything but Sue.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #26499

Quote:

Good'n! Kid looks like he knows what he's about, doesn't he?!
Old 11-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #26500

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Not sure. To be safe, call him Jiff. Or Teff. Or Jem. Anything but Sue.

I resemble that remark!

Except I was cuter.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #26501

Vintage RV Owners Club
NOw ya done it possum... had me blubbering on with that video pittance of time....
Old 11-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #26502

Insomnia? DUMP IT!
I have re-discovered my FIRST and SECOND Sleep!
It is like buried treasure!
The myth of the eight-hour sleep

http://m.bbc.com/news/magazine-16964783