Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #27035

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
This has been an awesome week with friends. It is what makes life on the rainbow soooo darn cool!
I second that! Don - it was great running around with you yesterday... and all the good good good --- good mutations this past week... C ya in the RGV. We can send Annie and Sandee off to the spa and we can go find some more oysters on the half shell.... :thumbup:
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #27036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Thanks Wayne I got out of bed this morning about 6 am walked out side smoking a cigarette and just as I put it out a big red tail hawk came up and landed right by me and was just looking at me not worried at all then it flew off so as a native I see this as a great start to my next year on this earth.

Happy birthday...... The hawk is a good sign.......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #27037

Quote:
Thanks Wayne I got out of bed this morning about 6 am walked out side smoking a cigarette and just as I put it out a big red tail hawk came up and landed right by me and was just looking at me not worried at all then it flew off so as a native I see this as a great start to my next year on this earth.

Hey, you! Happy Birthday. Wishing you many more.

That hawk? What a thrill! I would suggest you might think about his timing, though. A totem or spirit animal might deliver a real pointed message!

All in the mutant spirit ... have a great day!
Old 11-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #27038
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Anyone else notice that the Great Glorious Grand Poobah has great taste in women but Mrs Great Glorious Grand Poobah I'm not so sure has the same discerning tastes.

JK JK don't hit me.

Youse guys just have way too much fun.
Mrs Great Glorious Grand Poobah picked SUGLY Grand Poobah knowing that he would know when he has a beautiful thing - an no other poobah's would want him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Good morning RVMdom! A little sweet sorrow befalls the Rockport Mutant crew today as we wave "see you next time" to Don and Sandee and Marty and Bob. Annie and I are so glad you joined us here and can't tell ya how much it means to us that you did.

It's amazing how quickly time can fly on the rainbow. As hard as it is to watch em roll, we know we will meet again. It's just that way with family, RVM or otherwise.

Safe travels to all who journey the rainbow; especially you Rockport RVMs.

Steve and Annie
RVM2
Ditto, ditto, ditto. Such a great time with great people. Let's do this more often.

Quote:
A mutant in his round element...
Can you believe this. That is one skinny piece of bacon. I was holding it up knowing he was taking my picture to show how stingy he was. And me, trying to keep my shape. Then, I had to give Miya the last little tidbit. She sort of roller her eyes at me saying, "Are you kidding me! I can't beleive this either." So, we walked away knowing there was no more bacon coming our way. On the way back we sauntered into their site again, but Steve had scoffed it all up. Sheesh!

Quote:
A very good omen. May the year ahead, any many more be blessed with safety and good hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
All good/great things come to an end but we look forward to being neighbors in the RGV. Next couple days we will be boon docking or even in a hotel as we have a tad bit of work done on the coach battery system then a few days with Wayne and Earlene in San Antonio followed by a week in New Braunfels. After that we either find something nice for another week or so otherwise we head on down the the RGV.

This has been an awesome week with friends. It is what makes life on the rainbow soooo darn cool!
Looking forward to a few more days with you and Sandee, just touring the SA area. Don't forget one day Thai, one day Korean.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #27039

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Good morning RVMdom! A little sweet sorrow befalls the Rockport Mutant crew today as we wave "see you next time" to Don and Sandee and Marty and Bob. Annie and I are so glad you joined us here and can't tell ya how much it means to us that you did.

It's amazing how quickly time can fly on the rainbow. As hard as it is to watch em roll, we know we will meet again. It's just that way with family, RVM or otherwise.

Safe travels to all who journey the rainbow; especially you Rockport RVMs.

Steve and Annie
RVM2
Yes....and rainbow is what we saw driving into Rockdale for gas on the trip away from Rockport......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416519526566.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	79504  
Old 11-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #27040

Vintage RV Owners Club
Actually...Bob took it for me because I was driving...but shortly after this....it got really bright and a full rainbow.... But he took it with his camera not my phone so I couldn't post the best pic......
Old 11-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #27041

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Yes....and rainbow is what we saw driving into Rockdale for gas on the trip away from Rockport......

That is also a good sign..... Enjoyed getting to know you better......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #27042

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Wayne why does it seem that every time you drive something needs explaining? Perhaps Earlene should take the wheel?
I am still wondering why he lost his way back to the RV Park last night?

For some unknown reason, that needs explaining, Wayne decided to follow Diane & me towards the US Post Office. After a few blocks, Wayne slammed on his brakes, made a 'U' turn. He knows we don't use a GPS, as compared to his 2-3 GPSs.

So yes Wayne, do explain
Old 11-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #27043

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well there ya go Larry that explains it! Wayne is at it again. He didn't hit any curbs did he?
Old 11-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #27044

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve you might head up a bar tending competition one evening, hopefully we could get some judges among the group.

Sign me up!
Old 11-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #27045

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
1) I hope everyone on the Rainbow is having a great day and that all mutants continue to mutate.

2) Happy Birthday Dwayne. If I remember the Earth Children series right the personal totem is something that is with you on special occasions and what could be more special than your big day. Red tails are very pretty birds.

3) If Steve does organize a bartending competition I will hereby and henceforth volunteer to be the consumer of said competition's products. I will follow all the rules of fine swilling until I can no longer stay upright and start falling from my stool. Wayne can come in and cleanup what I don't. There is a good reason for being round.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #27046

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Happy Birthday Dwayne. Did your visitor look like this one I had outside my barn window yesterday?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	visitor.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	79526  
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #27047

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh....Steve....I am most sure you don't miss the Dallas-Ft.Worth traffic....we came through Dallas side on way down...but a little after rush.... We are on the Ft. Worth side.... Bob said he wanted to keep driving....I wanted to stop for dinner South of there and wait it out.... Current driver won.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #27048

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just to jog you memory....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1416530109161.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	79529