Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #27511

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by taffrail View Post
The journey is the destination. I got a secret weapon. A well informed neighbor. Whoever came up with that sure got it right. I just love seeing the world roll by on the other side of that windsheild.
Attention Mutants near and far... hear ye all, short and tall, taffrail - Redding and DW Elaine have arrived in the RVMdom and met the qualifications and strenuous requirements to be RVM102!

WELCOME - and now fellow mutants - grill em..
I mean say hello and show your curious - I mean welcoming side....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #27512

Tiffin Owners Club
So whom of the newbees are coming to GC2?
Old 11-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #27513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Hi Redding and Elaine..... Welcome to the mutant world..... I am the one with the other 2 white doggies...... You will be #102.......

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Yah ho!!!! Number 102. Ok!!!!!!

Yes, Scotties I believe.

And you left before the Thanksgiving get together. Which was awesome. Surprisingly I only had one serving, no seconds. Of course that's why I use a tray for these things instead of a dinky little dinner plate.

And before I forget, thank you very much Steve, Diwizi, and all the present members who have allowed us to join your group.

Now anyone have any leftovers??????????
taffrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #27514

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Yah ho!!!! Number 102. Ok!!!!!!

Yes, Scotties I believe.

And you left before the Thanksgiving get together. Which was awesome. Surprisingly I only had one serving, no seconds. Of course that's why I use a tray for these things instead of a dinky little dinner plate.

And before I forget, thank you very much Steve, Diwizi, and all the present members who have allowed us to join your group.

Now anyone have any leftovers??????????
Uh oh... not S... hint W....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1417305321168.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	80222  
Old 11-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #27515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Atchafalaya ... What a delightful word to roll off the tongue. Whiskey Bay and Bayou des Glaises ....

The Atchafalaya Basin: home to cypress and tupelo, and maybe the world's longest causeway. There are certainly no cities here to mar the landscape, nor any escape ramps neither!

Sweet as Tupelo honey!
Just prior to arriving in the great state of Texas, I lived in the New Orleans area for 16 years. For a chunk of that time I traveled to North Louisiana and traveled across that causeway 2 times a month. It is very long and very narrow.....and the scenery is beautiful. South Louisiana and South Texas are both wonderful areas.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #27516

Now see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Uh oh... not S... hint W....
I asked Elaine. Man!! Must be Westies......I hope.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #27517

Quote:
Just prior to arriving in the great state of Texas, I lived in the New Orleans area for 16 years. For a chunk of that time I traveled to North Louisiana and traveled across that causeway 2 times a month. It is very long and very narrow.....and the scenery is beautiful. South Louisiana and South Texas are both wonderful areas.

Welcome RVM102, Redding and Elaine! Woot.
Don't you feel a bit lighter in your step now that you have hopped onto the Rainbow?
23 years after I married Nola, we went to NOLA for a week and fell in love with the area. I had been there on bidness and didn't see nuff!
Came thru again after we launched fulltime, and got to see it all again.
Hope you can mosey on up to CL in April. But if nothin else, hope to meet up one day afore too long.
Again, WELCOME!
Dave and Nola
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:34 PM   #27518

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
It's a chicken dinner!!!
Old 11-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #27519

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
So whom of the newbees are coming to GC2?
Wait.... Catherine's Landing is GC@CL Redux 1.2. GC2 will take place at a time and location TBD hopefully by January 15th...

Herb - how about that site by site shameless commerce...
Old 11-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #27520

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey, hey hey, we have use some new Muties tonight. Welcome aboard Elaine and Redding! You should have an email from me describe alternate ways we mutants communicate.

Good news Don and Misty! You can now pass mop and broom detail down to RVM 102.

We hope all RVMs can joins in HotSprings, AR in April. I can promise you the time of your lives. Heck, we didn't even let nearby tornados spoil the fun last year. Hmmm, I wonder what tests Mother Nature will have in store for us in 2015? Well, no matter. RVMs can handle anything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #27521

Quote:

LOL..... Yes Westies.... Which are essentially white scotties..... But no biggie... The little one was actually named by this group... They are oh so clever...... QTπ (Pronounced cutie pie) Which goes well with LitaBit..
Glad you joined us.... Hope you can join us in April...

Really.... Again for ALL mutants.... It us so great to actually meet these people... That we have grown to love.....Right Wayne

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #27522

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Could it be a Zip Line Adventure? Fishing Guides on Lake Ouachita? Best dancers at the 1.2nd Annual Paul Byrd Band Extravagana? Sing along with RVM1. Sena spotting? Pin the tail on the newbee?

What fun and excitement are in store for mutants in Hot Springs in 2015? Ideas?

Where are Mel and Kate? Aren't they part of the mutant gaming commission?
Old 11-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #27523

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Attention Mutants near and far... hear ye all, short and tall, taffrail - Redding and DW Elaine have arrived in the RVMdom and met the qualifications and strenuous requirements to be RVM102!

WELCOME - and now fellow mutants - grill em..
I mean say hello and show your curious - I mean welcoming side....

Woot woot! Welcome welcome to our new Mutey's Redding and Elaine! Dang we continue to grow. Steve your gonna have to post a new roster cause I can't keep up!

Steve as I have done my ketchup reading I see you called for an update on CL Redux 1.2 and Most Illustrious Potentate I will comply with your request. However, the temps at RVM Central Annex have been off eating turkeys and pies and cakes and...oh my are currently in a sugar coma that won't wear off till Monday. The list is locked away in the mystic vault, hermetically sealed in an envelop that I can't get to until Monday. Sooooo.... Mutey's expect a Mutey's Bulliten at that time.

In the meantime, I am most excited to put in a shameless plug for the first ever, possibly to be repeated countless times at yet to be disclosed locations, GC@CL Redux 1.2. For our new Mutants we are having a repeat of last years gathering in Hot Springs, AR. In April, 2015 at Catherine's Landing on beautiful Lake Catherine. We will have another Grand Curiosity of the highest proportions involving currently about 20 mutants. There is still time to secure your reservation to join this eclectic group.

There will be food preparations fit for kings, the fog of smoked bacon will hang over the park, the endless banter of musings will be constant, and their will be a live wire party complete with our own Mutant band playing all kinds of great music to stir even our most aged legs to dance. And to top it all off, our Grand Poohbah himself will re-open the sacred kimono to reveal who know what? Ohhhh the thought of it churns my stomach. Our resident painter of renowned notoriety will be offering her considerable talents to teach you how to express yourself on paper! Yet another of our world travelers will be spinning her yarn up a storm and imparting her wisdom.

Their will be many animals including our mascot Sena the monkey, talking birds, barking dogs, and probably a few wild and crazy mutants! Oh wait.....they just act like animals. Mutants from far and wide have already committed to attend this historic conclave. But we still have room for more. So Mutey's old and new, if you don't have plans for next April, come join the greatest bunch of people you will ever meet so you can put a face(no matter how bad Wayne and Tim look) with a name of the strangers you have been divulging your secrets too.

For space assignments and instructions as well as general info please feel free to PM this mutant for a quick and no doubt witty response. We would love to meet you in person so let's hear from you muteys.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #27524

Quote:

A big wide-as-Texas welcome, #102 from #36! I must have seen you at Drifters before we left on Monday, but never when Di or Steve were around to identify you. So a handshake to you both, and we'll look forward to meeting you out here on the rainbow somewhere. CL Redux 1.2, perhaps?

Do tell a bit about yourselves, and jump in here whenever.

To start you off, I'm the primary mutant in the family, but DH is pretty strange, too. <hide> We live in IL, although DH, Martin, is originally from England. (London) We are roughly 1/2 timers now. Currently no pets. I'm into all sorts of arts and crafts; Martin is the techie and mechanical marvel. Both of us cook, with varying results. 😋

Again, welcome!