Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #28477

Vintage RV Owners Club
From Bob's mom who had the aneurysm leak a few months ago..( she's in her late 80's)
Dear Bob and Martha.
Today I accomplished the 5th and last goal I had set for myself: 1)to be abler to drive a car 2) to drive a car alone 3) to get up in time to fix breakfast for Bob<her spouse> and me so we could eat together. 4( to go off my meds 5) to get back to my exercise class in XXXXx. Yesterday my PT director had me go from a sitting position to standing as many; times as I could in 30 seconds and I did 15. The first time I was there I had done 10. The norm for a woman in her 60s is 8.
Rejoice with me and praise God!
Love,
Mom
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #28478

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
From Bob's mom who had the aneurysm leak a few months ago..( she's in her late 80's)
Dear Bob and Martha.
Today I accomplished the 5th and last goal I had set for myself: 1)to be abler to drive a car 2) to drive a car alone 3) to get up in time to fix breakfast for Bob<her spouse> and me so we could eat together. 4( to go off my meds 5) to get back to my exercise class in XXXXx. Yesterday my PT director had me go from a sitting position to standing as many; times as I could in 30 seconds and I did 15. The first time I was there I had done 10. The norm for a woman in her 60s is 8.
Rejoice with me and praise God!
Love,
Mom

A grand gift for the season, me thinks.
Merry Christmas to Mom and Dad!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #28479

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
A grand gift for the season, me thinks.
Merry Christmas to Mom and Dad!
X10 !!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:55 AM   #28480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Earlene sends again (Don't know why she doesn't get her OWN ID)

Suggestion for GC. After school starts in 2015.

Pony Express RV Resort Salt Lake City, UT

I have stayed there, this is where I met Colleen (Sohapi), she had stayed there for 6 months or so when Hunter was working in the area. It us nice, but I did not ever go into the rec area room... Was not too far from downtown, Easy in and out, but not the most scenuc area....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #28481

Tiffin Owners Club
Propane wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey guys, I need your help. Is there a good, cheap way to tighten the nut on a propane tank line without chewing up the nut? I'd like to have something I can leave on the line. I went looking for a propane tank wrench and really didn't find that thin cheap thingy I remember.

Should I just buy a cheap adjustable wrench and forget trying to find the correct size?

Barb:

My propane wrench is a 7/8" flare wrench purchased from a pawn shop for $1.00. It stays on a clip in the compartment just above the propane tank. I have an "extend-a-stay" connection with a 5' hose and almost always use an exterior 40# tank. I use the MH tank as a back-up.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #28482

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sounds like a great trip. On our bucket list.
We've been many times starting in 1971. This will be first trip for our grandkids except the 22 yo we took him on his own special trip when he was 14. Also one d-I-l had not been before. Cannot wait to see them all at JFK on Mon.!
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #28483

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Earlene sends again (Don't know why she doesn't get her OWN ID)

Suggestion for GC. After school starts in 2015.

Pony Express RV Resort Salt Lake City, UT
I like the idea of Utah, but prefer southern Utah's amazing scenery. This is one option. I was there in the Spring of 2012 and this is a really nice campground.

Bryce Canyon Camping | Camping in Bryce Canyon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #28484

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by xctraveler View Post
I've been hiding out too well for the past month. Now hanging at Rainbow's End (appropriate place for a RVM) for a month, at least the coach is. We leave for Israel on Monday until Jan 6. Will be drifting west sometime after our return. Will report where we are going when we know (or maybe later).
Paul,

It's really nice here in central Florida. Have you considered heading east instead? Several RVMs will be here this winter --Sue, Papaw Steve, Bokobird, just to name a few.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #28485

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Today is a special anniversary for me. Eleven years ago today I went to sleep a 395# woman and woke up six hours later with a tool that helped me lose over 235#. I wouldn't have even considered RVing before that. It's not for everyone, but gastric bypass surgery saved my life. I'm thankful for Dr Aquirre, the skilled surgeon in Ensenada Mexico, who made it possible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #28486

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
Barb:

My propane wrench is a 7/8" flare wrench purchased from a pawn shop for $1.00. It stays on a clip in the compartment just above the propane tank. I have an "extend-a-stay" connection with a 5' hose and almost always use an exterior 40# tank. I use the MH tank as a back-up.
Hey Bob!!! Good to hear from you. A pawn shop? Never thought to look there. Thanks! Hugs to you and Stephanie. Will you be going to Hot Springs in April?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #28487

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Today is a special anniversary for me. Eleven years ago today I went to sleep a 395# woman and woke up six hours later with a tool that helped me lose over 235#. I wouldn't have even considered RVing before that. It's not for everyone, but gastric bypass surgery saved my life. I'm thankful for Dr Aquirre, the skilled surgeon in Ensenada Mexico, who made it possible.

I know what you speak of and what it means to you.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #28488

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
While at first look I tend to like the Pony Express location while under different conditions Bryce Canyon is inviting. That being said...

Do we have a real feeling for where the RVM nation is located and where we can give a large portion of our group to be there? How far away are folks willing to go to be there? Also, how close to "urban" areas do we want to be. My gut reaction is that many if not most of us would likes some place that isn't too isolated from basic creature comforts like restaurants and larger grocery stores.

Pony Express sets up our Canadian friends for a drive between at least 12-15 hours one way. Bryce Canyon ups that to between 16-24 hours. These are probably conservative DRIVE times. I don't think we have any Canadian RVMs that are planning a snowbird trek in conjunction with such a trip.

The problems I see with Bryce Canyon is that it is kinda "out there" for some of our more urban loving folks. Using google maps I just don't find much of anything close to the RV Park other than more RV parks and hotels. It's elevation near 7500' MSL could also make a late summer, early fall gathering a bit chilly too. Here is some info on that. Also, the routing into Bryce Canyon looks a little more difficult but I don't know that it is overly difficult but with the higher elevations it could be a bigger challenge. BTW...speaking of elevation, living for a week at 7500' could be an interesting adjustment for some.

The Pony Express location is probably better for a diverse group and the weather is much less likely to be a problem. See this. Also, at slightly less than 4500 MSL it won't be nearly the adjustment for some of our lowland folks. Still, I would suggest we look closely at the location for a couple reasons. It's proximity to I-215 on the N & W along with refineries to the E could be a bummer. Also, it isn't in the middle of any urban features but most are within reasonable reach.

BTW...as a comparison, the Pocatello, ID area would appear to be better from both a temperature and having around a 4500' MSL elevation is more like Salt Lake City than Bryce Canyon. Specific locations will obviously vary to some degree.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #28489

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Paul,

It's really nice here in central Florida. Have you considered heading east instead? Several RVMs will be here this winter --Sue, Papaw Steve, Bokobird, just to name a few.
We avoid FL when possible. Too many peeples been there too many times for command performance. Besides, Escapade in Tucson, Friends in Phoenix and
grandkids to visit in Los Angeles eventually. Then a new grand nephew to visit in the Bay Area. We go WEST! Must be some RVMs out that way too

Comin' back East in May.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #28490

Quote:
I like the idea of Utah, but prefer southern Utah's amazing scenery. This is one option. I was there in the Spring of 2012 and this is a really nice campground.

Bryce Canyon Camping | Camping in Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon weather
August- Average high 77 degrees F., Average Low 50 Degrees F.
September- Average high 70 degrees F., Average Low 42 Degrees F.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote