Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #28869

Fleetwood Owners Club
Dwayne

Psychology of selling 101!

The customer is always right, he's the one in charge, he has the money and all you have is something your wanting to get rid of. Since he is in control of this sell it may be the only time he is in charge of anything and wants to take advantage of it. Now what you have to decide is how long you want to let him be in charge. Very simply you can let them know that tomorrow may not be good as you have others coming by as well. ( a true fact as soon as they call and make an appointment) did I mention your always smiling while talking to them! Suggest that he call in a couple days to see if you still have it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #28870

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's been a windy and warm day on the valley rainbow today - but it looks like winter is coming...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1419636130148.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	81904   Click image for larger version

Name:	1419636143905.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	81905  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #28871

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yes... we have weather in the 50's today... smelled like spring this AM and the birds were talking like it was also... but I know a cold front is on it's way and those hopes will be crushed for an early spring. ( not mine... I think we need several weeks of deep, deep cold to kill the bugs that want to eat my garden...)

Looks like Bacon needs to go on my grocery list! Bacon, Bacon, Bacon!
Old 12-26-2014, 05:18 PM   #28872

No bacon tonight, but a cupboard crawl salad instead. Fresh green and yellow zucchinis, sliced; fresh sliced mushrooms; marinated artichoke hearts; tiny tinned shrimp; herbed oil & vinegar from the artichokes; fresh Meyer lemon juice; salt & pepper.

A million variations thereon are possible, but this one is pretty passable. One serving left -- hurry on over!😋
Old 12-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #28873

Serenaded my bluegrass-loving friend Bill last night after dinner with my new baritone ukelele, and he sang with me! A first. I'd never heard him sing. That was my Christmas gift to him.

My gift to his non-bluegrass-loving wife was that I stopped. 😆
Old 12-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #28874

Idea for future gift giving

GRANDPARENT ALERT.

So much fun, so many gestures of gratitude, and so easy to make.

This year for Christmas I put together 5 photo albums and 1 calendar. The photo albums were one for each grand child (from birth to the present) and the calendar was a family calendar with the kids as the stars of the show.

On Shutterfly, you are the architect of every step of constructing each of these items. Just download all of the pictures you might want to use in each book. Divide them into individual folders. Transfer the photos to the location you want to put them in your book. You design the front cover and the back cover. On the pages you create, you chose the background color, the number, size, and position of the pictures, the captioning, and the embellishments.

I put baby/present day picture on the cover. I put a full family picture on the back cover. I included great grand parents, grand parents, aunts and uncles, and mom and dad. Vacations, sports, baptisms, birthday parties, family meals, etc. were included. AFTER the downloading of the pictures, it took me 2 hours to finish the first one and about 45 minutes to complete each one of the others.

Parents often have all of the old pictures stuffed in a drawer. Pictures often don't travel with the kids when they leave home. I gave to the kids with the knowledge that mom and dad would look after them. Even your EX SIL/DIL would like a copy. Borrow your son's or daughter's flash card or memory card for downloading their pictures onto your computer.

It was fun and the reaction of the kids looking at THEIR book was priceless. The books were $43.00 $50.00+ each.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #28875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
GRANDPARENT ALERT.

So much fun, so many gestures of gratitude, and so easy to make.

This year for Christmas I put together 5 photo albums and 1 calendar. The photo albums were one for each grand child (from birth to the present) and the calendar was a family calendar with the kids as the stars of the show.

On Shutterfly, you are the architect of every step of constructing each of these items. Just download all of the pictures you might want to use in each book. Divide them into individual folders. Transfer the photos to the location you want to put them in your book. You design the front cover and the back cover. On the pages you create, you chose the background color, the number, size, and position of the pictures, the captioning, and the embellishments.

I put baby/present day picture on the cover. I put a full family picture on the back cover. I included great grand parents, grand parents, aunts and uncles, and mom and dad. Vacations, sports, baptisms, birthday parties, family meals, etc. were included. AFTER the downloading of the pictures, it took me 2 hours to finish the first one and about 45 minutes to complete each one of the others.

Parents often have all of the old pictures stuffed in a drawer. Pictures often don't travel with the kids when they leave home. I gave to the kids with the knowledge that mom and dad would look after them. Even your EX SIL/DIL would like a copy. Borrow your son's or daughter's flash card or memory card for downloading their pictures onto your computer.

It was fun and the reaction of the kids looking at THEIR book was priceless. The books were $43.00 $50.00+ each.

Papaw Steve
Fantastick......
I also have been doing this, for my art work.... Did the first one about five years ago, did soft covers, and they can work as a portfolio..... Will do grand kids when they get a few more years behind them....

I do GROOVEbook each month as a way to now keep some photos.... At $3 a month for a book of 100 photos, and that includes shipping. It is an alternative that is very reasonable. For their pumpkin patch fun day, i had a cope printed for them and for my mother, each only $3 shipped to them.... Shutterfly has bought out Groove Book recently..... Have one printed of GC@CL, and just ordered one of Texas trip, inc Rockport....

Ps Groovebook is a monthly subscription, but even if you miss a month, i dont worry. They are bound with perforations. Not best quality of paper, but grands love to pick them up and read, just like a story book.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:35 PM   #28876

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Serenaded my bluegrass-loving friend Bill last night after dinner with my new baritone ukelele, and he sang with me! A first. I'd never heard him sing. That was my Christmas gift to him.

My gift to his non-bluegrass-loving wife was that I stopped. 😆
Oh oh oh, put us on your gift list! A little ukulele, a little singing and maybe a grass skirt, sounds like a luau, no maybe a GC, YES!
Old 12-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #28877

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Oh oh oh, put us on your gift list! A little ukulele, a little singing and maybe a grass skirt, sounds like a luau, no maybe a GC, YES!
Will you don a wig and sing Tiptoe Through the Tulips ala Tinny Tim... Tim.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #28878

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Don't need no wig!
Ha, Tinny Tim was from The Scrouge, he was the little cripple boy. No Tulips for this guy!
Old 12-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #28879

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

ah, gee... now that would be worth the trip to see... If Tim does that... I might have to make the trip solo....
Old 12-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #28880

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
ah, gee... now that would be worth the trip to see... If Tim does that... I might have to make the trip solo....
Marty bring your grass skirt!
Old 12-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #28881

Vintage RV Owners Club
Old 12-26-2014, 07:14 PM   #28882

Vintage RV Owners Club
Start Practicing , Fella...