Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #29723

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
It might help if you defined what care is needed -- someone to walk the quartet every so many hours or do they need someone to stay there while you are fishin'? I'll volunteer to do walking, but can't stay with them.

They are springer spaniels. All you need to do is take a nap on the lawn while they "wash" your face and hands and sleep across your legs and torso.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #29724

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
It might help if you defined what care is needed -- someone to walk the quartet every so many hours or do they need someone to stay there while you are fishin'? I'll volunteer to do walking, but can't stay with them.
Thanks Barb. I just kind of threw that out there at Steve because he said that he would hook me up, but I appreciate your interest, and yes it would only be to walk them for 15 or 20 minutes. We'll have quite a few days before we go fishing with Steve so I'm sure everyone will get to meet them first. They are a lively bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
They are springer spaniels. All you need to do is take a nap on the lawn while they "wash" your face and hands and sleep across your legs and torso.
You certainly know your Springers. The little one likes to stand on your chest while he licks your face so you can't get away.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #29725
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Just remember to hold up the magic number of fingers before going potty.
I'll bet you are very familiar with a finger gesture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Are you sure ??? Close browser or clear cache and report back. I did check before that last post...
Although clearing cache occasionally is a real help to the system and will reset the browser, no need to clear it to refresh a page. On a PC hold down the CTRL key and depress the R key. On a MAC it is CMD +R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Everyone was so anxious to be near us that I got one on the end. Now I only have to put up with what's his name.

Watsizname resembles that remark![/QUOTE]

I'll brush up on my blimey accent....especially on the receiving end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
OMG, imagonna hafta listen to Wayne yank Whatzizname's chain and Whatzizname's bark all week? Sheesh! Wha'd I do to deserve that???

'Sokay, I guess. His bite's worse than his bark. 'R sump'n.

I'll have me one-a them venti doubles too. 'R sump'n.
I'll keep your "smoothies" refreshed so you can cope with the two of us, plus Earlene.

Quote:
I think this may cause a stir around the NFL.....
They are going to change the colors to the GBP's.

Quote:
Sounds like your birds are like Sena. It's never the monkey's fault.

In case no one else has mentioned it, the lakeside lots at CL provide very little or no shade. We had lakeside lots last year and the trees are 10 or more feet behind where you can park your coach. I don't remember any trees between the sites, only behind.
No satellite signal because the trees are on the Southern side of where the RV is parked.

Quote:
Why do your networks hire so many cheerleaders down there?

Please just call the game and let the fans chear the teams themselves.

Now back to our regularly scheduled rainbow Ride.
Don't you mess with my eyeball liberty. I promised to love, honor, and cherish. I never said a darn thing about going blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Wait, we got badges, I don't got no badges, I don't need no stinking badges!
Hey Redneck...I gave you and your lovely bride a Mutant badge at the last GC. Don't you go telling us you don't have it anymore.

Quote:
^^^^ Oh my... thanks for the update Di... many healing ommmms to our Sohapi mutant. Sure miss hearing from her.
X∞ - Ommmmms!

Quote:
Just had a chat with Wayne about his tardiness re this forum. He claims that he was playing with a new toy. I asked Earlene how many batteries had he killed?
I was sitting there watching a very nice movie, with Earlene, when I had this annoying phone call. I wanted to hang up so badly, but I took all the questions and spent over 30 minutes answering. What a waste of time.

Dennis, call back soon. It will not take long for the batteries to die with continual use.

Quote:
Apparently you have not seen my sketches... lol.

Bon voyage... have fun kids.
Write if you need bail money.
Absolutely! Write to Steve if you need bail money.

Quote:
Now they have a bakers dozen of fruity toys...
Dang! I only have 10. After I give or transfer the iMac 24 (Mid 2007 Model) I'll be down to 9. I hope they come out with a new toy soon. (Don't tell Earlene I have so many toys!)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:22 AM   #29726
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
No satellite signal because the trees are on the Southern side of where the RV is parked.
Where's that "Incorrect Answer" annoying buzzer when you need it? We have stayed in several CL spots on the water (including site #17) and the satellite reception is great. (Plus, they have fairly good cable.)
Old 01-12-2015, 12:58 PM   #29727

Vintage RV Owners Club
From Crowded Camper...( swiped from FB)Blog coming tomorrow! Last one from the sticks and bricks, because in less than a week we will be full timing again in the Landmark! Happy day!
FYI for all of you travelers to Florida- Grassy Pond, the military recreational facility in Lake Park Georgia has now opened up to the public. It is a beautiful, private spot just off I-75 before the Ga/Fl line (and right across the street from our home). If you need a place to park your RV, with full hook ups on a beautiful lake, check it out. They've done some major renovations so I am not sure if they have the updates right on #'s of full hook up sites, etc. We are about to move in there for the next month until our journey West to Tucson. Come see us before we go!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #29728

Ahoy and avast and all that!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1421094169.493717.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	83201

Chocomoose is waiting for the ice and liquid to go with that pear. Prosecco, maybe? Rarin' to go!

Two other ships will probably sailaway about the same time as we do this afternoon. Right now it's off to life vest drill. Choco is really excited about that!

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1421094429.559308.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	83202

Cheers!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #29729

Vintage RV Owners Club
My trip didn't quite go as I had thought it would... walked in to a room full of people and just sort of froze, then someone walked up to me and pointed a way around the crowd and said his mom was up there sitting, so I took it as a God nudge and went up and talked with his mom. She didn't recognize me until I told her my maiden name, and that started a whole fresh bunch of tears for her. (and she hugged me) She told me he had never been able to forgive himself for a lot of the stuff that went on in his past. I told her about the conversation we had 20 years ago, and cleared up a few other things, so I hope I brought some additional closure for her at this time when she was saying good bye to her son.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:41 PM   #29730

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
My trip didn't quite go as I had thought it would... walked in to a room full of people and just sort of froze, then someone walked up to me and pointed a way around the crowd and said his mom was up there sitting, so I took it as a God nudge and went up and talked with his mom. She didn't recognize me until I told her my maiden name, and that started a whole fresh bunch of tears for her. (and she hugged me) She told me he had never been able to forgive himself for a lot of the stuff that went on in his past. I told her about the conversation we had 20 years ago, and cleared up a few other things, so I hope I brought some additional closure for her at this time when she was saying good bye to her son.

Oh Marty! I'm so glad you had that opportunity to speak with her! And you must feel much better now. Bless you!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #29731
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Ahoy and avast and all that!

Attachment 83201

Chocomoose is waiting for the ice and liquid to go with that pear. Prosecco, maybe? Rarin' to go!

Two other ships will probably sailaway about the same time as we do this afternoon. Right now it's off to life vest drill. Choco is really excited about that!

Attachment 83202

Cheers!
Have fun Sue and Martin!!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:56 PM   #29732
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I'm glad it wasn't awful for you, Marty. Hopefully you gave her a little comfort and yourself some closure, too.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:22 PM   #29733

R U an RV Mutant too?

Chocomoose was a bit nervous during life vest drill. It was his first time:

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1421097002.429410.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	83204

The Holland America ship has just left, graceful as a swallow in flight. And stately as a galleon we'll slip out to sea behind her.

Hyperbole? Not me. Ah cain't even spell dat.

Two police boats have cleared the way, warning off small sailboats and yachts. The sky is clearing from the south. It'll be beyootiful.

Couldn't we just have a Beyond Grande Curiosity on such a ship! Met some folks at lunch who'd been on a Bluegrass cruise. Bands all over the place and jammin' all hours. Betcha there were a few moonshine smoothies passed around!

Cheers!
Old 01-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #29734

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Chocomoose was a bit nervous during life vest drill. It was his first time:

Attachment 83204

The Holland America ship has just left, graceful as a swallow in flight. And stately as a galleon we'll slip out to sea behind her.

Hyperbole? Not me. Ah cain't even spell dat.

Two police boats have cleared the way, warning off small sailboats and yachts. The sky is clearing from the south. It'll be beyootiful.

Couldn't we just have a Beyond Grande Curiosity on such a ship! Met some folks at lunch who'd been on a Bluegrass cruise. Bands all over the place and jammin' all hours. Betcha there were a few moonshine smoothies passed around!

Cheers!
Chocomoose looks like he will settle in once he gets his sea legs!

You're not the first to suggest a little cruise. I am still thinking of a drive from AZ to LA or San Diego for the Mexican Rivera cruise this time next year. Of course that's a bit in the future. Gotta make AZ first. Still - sounds like an adventure Sparky would like.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:22 PM   #29735

R U an RV Mutant too?

Marty, you did what you and his Mom needed to do.

Congrats to Chocomoose for passing the lifeboat drill. Didn't even pee on the seat?

Dave and I went to see the BLM area at Imperial Dam while Deb and Nola went "girling" about Yuma. They got pedies. We found an awesome area to boondock.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1421104922.990813.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1421104946.285422.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  66.7 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1421104957.991631.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  68.4 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1421104972.948639.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  97.2 KB
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #29736

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Marty. You have made mutants everywjere proud with your providing closure for both you and your old friends mom.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote