Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2015, 11:08 AM   #29751

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Howy Mutey's! And hows the Potentate and the Poohbah this fine chilly day? Just thought I would ketchup on the posts and declare that I am officially over my mourning period for "DA BOYS" loss to the cheeseheads. Life goes on and the rainbow is definitely callin us. Gotta finish a project before we can point Jenny down the road though. Hope all is well in Mutantdom today. I haven't seen anything from Mel or Kate lately. Anybody heard from them? I need to call and check in with them.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2015, 11:18 AM   #29752

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well just talked to Mel and she is home recovering from her knee surgery and visiting with her eldest son and DIL. She says hello to everyone and she will be back posting very soon.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #29753
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well, I was in site 108 and I would not have had satellite reception had it not been for a former permanent RV'er that installed a dish down at the river bank. Sites 103 through 113 had trees blocking the southern sky. Looking at the satellite view i don't know how the roof top satellite antennas could see through the trees.

Bzzzzzzt!
I guess it's the curve in the layout of the sites; we have been to CL 5 or 6 times in the past 3 years and have never had a problem with our rooftop dome finding the birds. We always stay in the waterfront sites but never "below" site 117.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:52 AM   #29754
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Have we all fallen into a winter slumber... are the mutants all in hiding, ponders the potentate.
We're busy with all the hand-wringing details of retirement. I just found out yesterday that a former coworker and her hubby have sold everything and hit the road in their Thor Palazzo... I didn't even know they owned an RV!

Oh, and I thought this was kind of funny... we met with our financial advisers last Friday to review our plans and investments. We have always planned to pay off our Bounder at hub's retirement and expected them to try to talk us out of it. One of them said, "Do you know that some people actually SELL their homes and move into those things??" :gasp: (You just know his investor's mindset was reeling over pouring $$ into an RV black hole of depreciation. )

I reassured him that we have no such plan but reminded him that some things have a high personal satisfaction ROI that isn't measured in $$$$.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #29755
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Well just talked to Mel and she is home recovering from her knee surgery and visiting with her eldest son and DIL. She says hello to everyone and she will be back posting very soon.
Thanks for the update, Herb. I hope she has a speedy recovery.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:05 PM   #29756

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I didn't even have time to watch TV and had the park cable hooked up. Never tried the Dish. As for the water front site - not that it wasn't nice to look at water - but it wasn't all that approachable at our site. Sort of what Barb said 100 pages ago or so.
My favorite thing about the waterfront site was watching Barb, Sena, and Lily on the Kayak! other than that... it was ok...but we spent most the time at the pavilion or at someone's camper.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #29757

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
My favorite thing about the waterfront site was watching Barb, Sena, and Lily on the Kayak! other than that... it was ok...but we spent most the time at the pavilion or at someone's camper.

Agreed.... If It had not been for our wagon... Well.... Guess i might gave had to drive to tote stuff... I am excited to be right actoss from the pavilion.....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:14 PM   #29758
Moderator Emeritus

:sniff: It smells good in here!! I'm simmering red beans with garlic, onion, celery and tasso and I'll throw in the sausage in a little while. A cold and dreary day is better with cajun red beans and rice, sausage, cornbread and coleslaw.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #29759

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
:sniff: It smells good in here!! I'm simmering red beans with garlic, onion, celery and tasso and I'll throw in the sausage in a little while. A cold and dreary day is better with cajun red beans and rice, sausage, cornbread and coleslaw.

Yumm! What time is dinner ready???
Old 01-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #29760

Choco really wants to go ashore!

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1421185076.265886.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  93.1 KB
Old 01-13-2015, 03:54 PM   #29761

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
They are springer spaniels. All you need to do is take a nap on the lawn while they "wash" your face and hands and sleep across your legs and torso.
Dave, you have just described Sena's worst nightmare.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #29762

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dave, you have just described Sena's worst nightmare.

Yikes!
Don't tell on me, eh?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:07 PM   #29763

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Dave and Dave,

Is that BLM boondocking site on the AZ or CA side of the Colorado River? I'm thinking of doing AZ next winter and prefer to boondock. CA is not at all monkey friendly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:13 PM   #29764

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
A video done by an 8 year old. Very funny if you get all the implied implications. This video was done by the son of a good friend's friend. The youngster is 18 now and working towards an animation degree. IIRC what was related to me. He also has his own you tube pages.

Possum is offline   Reply With Quote