Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2015, 06:20 PM   #30339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Hard to find unless you follow these simple directions, second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

I heard it was "to infinity and beyond". Ya musta Mutated
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #30340

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I heard it was "to infinity and beyond". Ya musta Mutated
Yuh did it agin Dave, you mixed up direction to my house with directions to Les' house.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:33 PM   #30341

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
OK a serious moment.

A while back somebody on IRV mentioned replacing the drop down door under his couch with a long wide drawer. I want to contact said poster but can't find the posting. I meant to bookmark it but forgot. Does anyone know the thread so I can find it?

Now back to our regularly scheduled insanity.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:42 PM   #30342

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
And I can still list things I don't have and don't miss. And bunch of them are in a store room in Plano. Lol. Guess I can't really claim full level 3 Mutation if I have things that I don't carry with me. Even if it's storage. Still. I don't miss any of it.

As for things Bonita doesn't have and I don't miss - I don't have docking lights and always arrive before dark and depart after sunrise. Don't miss them.

While I don't miss having my generator on a slide out tray - I will pay for it when and if it has to be pulled for any reason... knock on wood.

I still don't have Tims (I believe) outside kitchen. Since he hasn't had us over for dinner and shown me what I'm missing - I don't miss not having one. Do like having my grill and smoker with us.

That's a start - Dave initially had 37 items listed as I recall. Entry fee to this illustrious group is one thing not missed. Hardly seems fair does it. I guess that's OK since Dave and Nola gave up Fred and now have most of the 37 things they didn't have before and probably a few more.

OK well anyone want to add to there entry fee. Fess up. What else don't you have and don't miss?

The Levels Of Mutation are a newly pondered and open topic. So, STMs, tell us how you would define the Levels! Gimmee some ponders, y'all.
I see one right off:
1. Become an RVM.

I truly do have some things I previously did not have and did not miss, but have pondered if I might miss them if Gwen did not have them. Answer: a definite maybe.
Howsomever, I still do not have and do not miss a W/D (by order of Nola).
I have a satelite dish, but no contoller or subscription.
I do have 2 docking lights on each side, but only use them if grilling late, which is rare. I too am docked early.
I have a Weber Q, and have added a $23 hibachi grill for using misquite charcoal.
I won't go into a full tally of don't have don't miss, but I did disable the piece of stupid door awning (another story). And I removed the piece of stupid ice maker (another story). And a put in $2,428 of LED lights, but got them for a bit over a hunert bucks at Quartzsite. And, yes, I have 4 strings of Ropus Lightus, in lovely white.
So come back to me on the Levels Of Mutation, RVMs!
And get yersefs to the GC at CL 1.2.
Eh?
Old 01-26-2015, 06:45 PM   #30343

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
OK a serious moment.

A while back somebody on IRV mentioned replacing the drop down door under his couch with a long wide drawer. I want to contact said poster but can't find the posting. I meant to bookmark it but forgot. Does anyone know the thread so I can find it?

The last "drop down door" I had was button-up ones on the back of my long johns. I was five. Yer tern!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:56 PM   #30344
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
OK a serious moment.

Is it this thread... http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/maki...ch-187015.html
Old 01-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #30345
MPH

Quote:
Mel, I thank you for that! But I only had a thought and posted it. Steve started this crazy, wonderful thread.
I, however, did create the Opening of the Kimono. Wish we could have 200+ RVMs in kimonos one day!
One question:
Do the guys wear kimonos, too?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #30346

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
The Levels Of Mutation are a newly pondered and open topic. So, STMs, tell us how you would define the Levels! Gimmee some ponders, y'all.
I see one right off:
1. Become an RVM.

I truly do have some things I previously did not have and did not miss, but have pondered if I might miss them if Gwen did not have them. Answer: a definite maybe.
Howsomever, I still do not have and do not miss a W/D (by order of Nola).
I have a satelite dish, but no contoller or subscription.
I do have 2 docking lights on each side, but only use them if grilling late, which is rare. I too am docked early.
I have a Weber Q, and have added a $23 hibachi grill for using misquite charcoal.
I won't go into a full tally of don't have don't miss, but I did disable the piece of stupid door awning (another story). And I removed the piece of stupid ice maker (another story). And a put in $2,428 of LED lights, but got them for a bit over a hunert bucks at Quartzsite. And, yes, I have 4 strings of Ropus Lightus, in lovely white.
So come back to me on the Levels Of Mutation, RVMs!
And get yersefs to the GC at CL 1.2.
Eh?
Dave - I agree and the Ancient Scrolls of the RVMdom do indicate that Level is to be an RV Mutant. That said it is a recent ruling that allowed mutation to begin prior to having a Rainbow Rider. Technology has allowed the once more secretive world of Mutation to be available to those in search of a Rainbow Rider.

Hence - the second level of mutation is to have or have had a rider, or be in pursuit of said Rainbow machine, be it towed or diven. RVM 0 - and we all know who that is - was among the earliest to have mutated mascots and a short but busy rainbow riding season. A single nightly flee from the cold north. So full time is also a relatively new concept in the RVMdom.

Now it is true that our mutated cousins the Gypsies were and still are largely full time. But that's a story for another day. I have it on good authority that some of them do make an apperance in the Ancient Scrolls and in Murder at Ropelight Gulch.

So 1. Become an RVM
2. Acquire, previously had or be seeking a Rainbow Rider.

And I will throw this out there -
3. Host or participate in a Mini-C

Who has a 4th
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:01 PM   #30347
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
One question:
I know one who isn't.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #30348

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I know one who isn't.
Thusfar only his Grand Poobahness has donned a kimono. The grand dames of the RVMdom are welcome to do so as the please. It was a surprise for RVM1 @ GC@CL and was a big hit. It was a very bonding gesture. to Barb and all who were so well dressed that magical evening.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #30349

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I know one who isn't.

Lol..... Only Dave did last year....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #30350

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
One question:
No, at the first GC we had a Maudi Graus night, at the GC1.2 we're haveing a luau.

I will be wearing my lifetime supply of Hawaii style shirts, another way of saying my RVing uniform! Lol
Old 01-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #30351

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Lol..... Only Dave did last year....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

If the ancient scrolls and pics of GC1.0 are inspected, one Wayne of Texusdomingo wore a kimono.
Can it be proper to limit Kimono Los Wearus?
Old 01-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #30352

Fleetwood Owners Club
Steve since the luau is the theam we need a talented person like maybe Di, to teach the hula, or maybe Barb and her new knees! Too bad Jeff can't make it, he would surly be able to teach a dance class!

Any volenteers!