Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #30549
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Speak of "Inhumanity"

There are times I wish I wasn't here!

Attachment 84565

Attachment 84566
Maybe you could invent some sort of flame-thrower that would melt the snow off the driveway.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2015, 12:41 PM   #30550
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So if you pull off the Mini-C with Sarah, Teffy and Jeanie why not see if you can agree on a place and maybe others will join you.

I think Jeanie suggested that the Texas Contingent meet up at Walmart or somewhere near CL so folks could travel at their own speed along the route and close ranks for the Grande Entrance.

Or not. I think we will be in the DFW area but not sure. Possibly in Melissa as it is near Freightliner. Not sure yet if we will have oil changed and service here or there.
I'm still not sure what day we will be arriving; our plans are still up in the air at this point.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #30551

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I'm still not sure what day we will be arriving; our plans are still up in the air at this point.
That's why a Mini-C is so important. You get to meet the nutjobs.. I mean mutants - in a neutral - restaurant environment - and laugh at each other, see their manners or lack thereof, and plan for (or not) for the next get together or - call the cops and report them as having been seen on the bulletin board at the post office.

But then again - nothing says Texans need to roll in together. And we had Don and Sandee and Jeff and Marcia in the contingent (both SD residents) in the pack. We may be the SD representatives in the Tx contingent this year.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:33 PM   #30552

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Plannimg the journey. Oh the humanity. Planning... full timers don't plan... we journey as part of our mutation.
There are a few of us that journey by planning only 1 day at a time. We know the end stop, but not what will transpire along the way. No reservations required since we boondock at day's end. We just have a general idea of which direction to head and how many miles before a fuel stop is required. This makes for some interesting mutant adventures.

And then there are the masterful planners. Oh the humanity!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #30553

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
There are a few of us that journey by planning only 1 day at a time. We know the end stop, but not what will transpire along the way. No reservations required since we boondock at day's end. We just have a general idea of which direction to head and how many miles before a fuel stop is required. This makes for some interesting mutant adventures.

Yes!
We think we will be in Utah about mid August. And that seems possible. The rest is a mystery.
Except for 2 months in Yuma or other warm and dry air spots.

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:05 PM   #30554

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Yes!
We think we will be in Utah about mid August. And that seems possible. The rest is a mystery.
Except for 2 months in Yuma or other warm and dry air spots.

RVM1
I'm hoping we meet in Idaho or Utah in mid to late September. August is a most wonderful month in the Pacific Northwest. I'd hate to leave that, but will regretfully do so if that is the consensus of the Curiosity. Hmmm, I wonder how much it would cost in bribery $ to rig the vote.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:08 PM   #30555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Skull buckets, we were real men and played full contact sans any of that sissy equipment.

That could explain a lot!
Old 01-29-2015, 02:12 PM   #30556

Quote:
Plannimg the journey. Oh the humanity. Planning... full timers don't plan... we journey as part of our mutation.

Reading maps is half the fun! Mutating there is the other half.

Now "planning" ... that sounds more like the W word. Nonono!
Old 01-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #30557

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Tim you know dem zebras can't see or feel anything! If in they did then The Boys would be playin them cheaters.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Excuse me, you mean the Carolina Panthers. That was the first game where the Zebras were blind.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #30558

R U an RV Mutant too?

The Journey is the Destination when following the Rainbow, even to galaxies far away, even to Infinity and Beyond!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1422568267.486800.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	84616

RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:46 PM   #30559

Tiffin Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

Might have found the end of the Rainbow.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1422571562.561331.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	84622

I know that I could stay here forever.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:46 PM   #30560

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Barb - we are now among those who need not and would actually prefer not to plan much. GC 1.2 Redux - Annies dad's birthday May 1st and after that we really don't need to be anywhere but Yuma around Dec 1st. But if we don't do it - the odds of making Utah or Idaho a Fall into Curiosity become slim.

Dave and I talked today, and Jeff and I talked yesterday. I have pretty much concluded that Utah is the place to be. After looking at the map of Utah Annie and feel like there is a lot to see there and we would want to give it a month or more. We would then approach AZ via Colorado and New Mexico.

So let's get this going. Utah in August - please use the Contact Us form on the website to forward place and dates in Utah for August 1 to as late as the first week of September. We can make it happen with minimal planning if we work together.

I loaded this book up on my Kindle App today and will be leisurely flipping the through it the next few days. I will also be looking for The best REAL Jeep to rent for a few days! Will ask if they rent iPhones too so I can see how the other side lives. :sly::what:

http://www.rvmutants.com/contact-us.html

Yippee - we have the makings of plan.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:53 PM   #30561

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Sue - Sparky a friend come and stay with us a couple weeks before Christmas and he's decided to stay on. Also the dolphin Annie got at the gift shop we went to on Padre Island has been hanging around too. And then there's the turtles that have come to live with us...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1422571959559.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	84626   Click image for larger version

Name:	1422571974057.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	84627  

Name:	1422571984333.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	84628   Click image for larger version

Name:	1422571996355.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	84629  

Name:	1422572012646.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	84630  
Old 01-29-2015, 05:21 PM   #30562
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
So if you pull off the Mini-C with Sarah, Teffy and Jeanie why not see if you can agree on a place and maybe others will join you.

I think Jeanie suggested that the Texas Contingent meet up at Walmart or somewhere near CL so folks could travel at their own speed along the route and close ranks for the Grande Entrance.

Or not. I think we will be in the DFW area but not sure. Possibly in Melissa as it is near Freightliner. Not sure yet if we will have oil changed and service here or there.
If a mini-c happens it will be a discussion, I'm sure. Last year we went out of our way getting to CL but Earlene had friends in the Dallas area that she wanted to see so the interim stop and picking up the contingent was then on-the-way. It is definitely a one stop before getting to CL, probably around Longview, Marshal or Shreveport area for a nights stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Tim, I will put a beer or two on the Seahawks. Payable whenever we meet.
And mine on the Pats. (But, GO COWBOYS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Figures!

The way I see it is the coach isn't out there on the field playing, he can't run the ball, he can't throw the ball he can't even spike the ball. If the zebras had been doing there job they should have noticed any discrepancies in the air pressure. They handle the ball in play every down yet nothing has been said about them, it's a travesty I tell you a travesty! ( side note, I watch two mabe three NFL games a year, but I guess I do like to argue)

Go Patriots!! Sack those Birds Sack those Birds
Sea hawks is a bird right, not a fish?
Tim, I have been preaching that ever since it happened. The Zebra's handle the ball on every play. No way not to notice if there is something wrong. Then, after they were told at the half time, in the 3rd quarter the Pats score 21 points. Are they telling us that the balls were not checked at that time? Come on crybaby's, sheesh!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote