Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2015, 07:32 AM   #30913

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
APRIL is just around the corner. You all know what happens in April! We will be arriving April 15th! DO YOU KNOW WHAT DAY THAT IS?
April Fools Day 1.2? AKA the day us fools to the Feds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2015, 07:37 AM   #30914

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
april fools day 1.2? Aka the day us fools To the feds.
hump day!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:11 AM   #30915

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
hump day!
We like wine and cheese socials on Hump Day at CL... It's a fine day for a Curiosity. As are all the other day.. have a safe trip to the Kroger Tim.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:00 AM   #30916

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Marty - I had a reply written to your ballad of Well I Aint Gonna Quit Working on Garmins Farm No More. A little Diddy by another Bob... but I lost it during my dinner break... doh.

The long and short of it is - it's hard to imagine anyone spending 25, 30, or more years making life funds at something they truly dislike (convicts excluded). And even harder to imagine anyone toiling for a dollar that knows what the market will do next week or for the next 40 years. And answering the question, "how much savings and retirement income is enough" just can't be definitive. If you spin scenarios there can never really be enough. Something can always happen that could wipe you out, rainbow forbid.

I think the real question that has to be answered first is "What do we want the next chapter of our life to be." Until you can verbalize what you want from retirement life, you can't begin know how much money you might need or how long to work on Maggie's farm.

Once you know where you're going you can make changes and begin to make plans for the retirement chapter, whatever it is. I found that to be more difficult that it should be because I didn't think about it soon enough.

We advise our children - do well in school - go to college (or not), join the service, make plans for life. But seldom do we hear - plan out the final chapters of your life. What will you do when you retire and how will you do it. There's even a portion of society who look at the "financial planners and retirement planners" as if they were lepers.

Many of us have that work ethic. Gotta work - gotta earn - and we let it consume us, and one day wake up and find that retirement has finally arrived and we're too old and tired to make much of it, and live out our days doing what we always did where we always did it. Nothing wrong with that of that's what you want. But if that's what you get because you didn't plan for anything else - well what was the point.

Now you and Bob don't fit that bill to me. You're young, young at heart and vibrant, active mutants. But if ya haven't already - I suggest you really work on vocalizing the final chapters. Once we began to do that, we knew we needed a 5 year plan to make it happen. Once we had that, we lived by the plan and you have read much of how that went.

My only regret is not having started on the plan earlier. I had periods of 1 more year, 2 more years... and all I was really doing was putting off writing the last chapters. You probably read here where those who retired encouraged me to make the leap sooner than later. I knew I had the plan and knew what was necessary for us to be ready.

Before the plan I wasn't really getting any closer to anything because I didn't know where I was going. That meant I was doing things that weren't directed toward a purpose. It was a focused life but on the near and mid term. Once you strap on the long lense a whole new world opens up. You see the rainbows - and they draw you to them.

And don't misread - I am not saying going full time. We mutants have rainbows in all walks of life. Full timers - weekend mutants - snow mutants - and so on. And we all know The Journey is the destination and retirement is just another destination. If you don't set out in that direction - the journey can't begin.

That's my nickel.

http://youtu.be/eJxm58htzqc
Old 02-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #30917

Vintage RV Owners Club
You are right... we have only had a couple of tentative beginner talks about our dreams of what that period of time for us will look like... need to get serious about it... Rainbow's calling me!
Old 02-03-2015, 09:14 AM   #30918

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Good Mornin Muteys!

Hope all is well on the rainbow today. Every time I complain about the chilly damp weather in the DFW area somebody like Boko reminds me of what it is like to live in the frozen tundra of the North in winter and all of the sudden I'm grateful that I don't have to shovel five feet of snow just to get out to the store. Boko, dump those trappings and come South young man, you will be glad you did.

Hey Timster, remember there is no scooter racing down the isle in Kroger! And wheelchair bumper cars is strictly forbidden so you behave around them old folks.

So is this it? Is there nobody else with the kahoonas to come be a party animal in Hot Springs with the rest of us twisted misfit mutants in April? If you have never been, and there are many who haven't, you can't imagine how sick it is to see our slightly demented Grand Poobah stand in front of us and babble while flashing open his kimono to reveal who knows what. Man last year there were all sorts of critters that came flying out of that thing. We still have plenty of room for your rainbow rider to join us. We are around 20 strong at the moment but sure would like more of you to join us.

If you have been aching to see Timsters coconuts and grass skirt, or His Roundness aka Wayne get that body in swing in motion like a bowl full of jello, then you need to be there.

If you have ever wondered why Stevo aka flagship always wears a hat, you need to be there, but don't forget your sunglasses!

And, finally, if your curiosity has ever gotten the best of you as to why she is called "Lady Di" (and that term is used loosely) then you need to be there!

Oh for the gentle drifting cloud of smoke that wafts over the entire campground with the sweet smell of bacon all day, and the clinking of Dixie cups hoisted high in the air like trophys of various mixed concoctions of adult beverages. Oh for the bounty of fantastic creations of sustenance spread before us like a beautiful Thanksgiving feast, and the treasure trove of succulent sweets to give you that sugar high of all time!

Yes my mutant brothers and sisters, there is definitely a good time to be had by all. But you gotta be there to partake of this historic event. Last year was just too much to be contained so it had to spill over for a Redux 1.2.

Contact me or Steve aka flagship for details! See ya the there!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 02-03-2015, 09:19 AM   #30919

Just finished breakfast here at the campground.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	85054  
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:28 AM   #30920

Finally time to update everyone. We arrived to the CG to find that our MH was afflicted with dead batteries. We were able to plug in the MH overnight and wala . . . . MH started without any problem. We moved it to our site and started to enjoy the rainbow.

Slowly we are settling in. Had to have our TV system looked at. The tech did a great job of resetting and reattaching the coax cables that were screwed up by the last cable install "tech". Cable company arriving this afternoon for BASIC cable and wireless internet.

Will be setting up our enclosure later this week. Will call OKmunky about a mini-C at her place. Will try to arrange a midi-C with others in the sunshine state.

Life is good even though the D_ _ N Patriots got luckier than me when I met DW, Mary Ann.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:35 AM   #30921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Hi Steve!!!!

Now that there looks good enough to eat !!!

Well said Grand Potentate and Herb, if any of you have considered going fulltime, just do it, yes there will be days and repairs that may well make you question yourself, but that is part of the Journey when you fulltime.

A Grand Curiosity holds much more than fellowship with like minded friends. It is amazement 10 fold, much more than you would ever expect.

If you have never witnessed the sun coming up over a mountain to warm you, or sat and watched it sink behind another at days end then you need to get out and witness it as soon as you can.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:26 AM   #30922

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Papaw Steves' pappas con hamon.... yum.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:39 AM   #30923

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Today we received a most wonderful gift from a most special mutant. Our hearts were touched and a memory of a lifetime forever memorialized.

Thank you so much Sue. We miss you guys very much and can't wait to reunite at GC 1.2 Redux.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1422985037635.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	85063   Click image for larger version

Name:	1422985082862.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	85064  

Name:	1422985114670.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	85065  
Old 02-03-2015, 11:06 AM   #30924

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Jeff we miss seeing you and Marcia, hope we can cross paths on the rainbow sometime, we could spend hours talkin Civil War stories!

Old 02-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #30925

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Jeff we miss seeing you and Marcia, hope we can cross paths on the rainbow sometime, we could spend hours talkin Civil War stories!

Reminiscing first hand experiences???
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #30926

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Reminiscing first hand experiences???
Wayne brings that to the table....