Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2015, 09:49 AM   #31095

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
haha while striper are fun when you can get on em, I'm usually on the hunt for Large Mouth.. I'll keep doing some research on those lakes. I did hear that Hamilton is not the best for it.

True... Hamilton is known for the party boating and skiing.... Shores are wall to wall homes and condos, while Lake Ouachita shores have a no build on their shore. But yes, for large mouth Ouachita....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2015, 10:02 AM   #31096

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Never!

Or, My work here is done..

That certainly wasn't the ponder response I expected. The ponder - what is art has been discussed throughout time. And you are indeed an artist. Maybe it's too early to ponder such a ponder. But in no way was I suggesting that.

Lol...... I was at an art lecture last night, a very very good watercolorists from South Carolina, and in a critique she received many years ago, she was told by a very prominent artist to burn your brushes..... She has gone on to receive more honors than he did.

I wasnt serious.... Lol.... Steve, wayne knows me, herb knows me, thought you did too.......

Art is in each persons own heart.... Most of my buds are acrylic abstract painters.... Not my taste.... I woukd love to be ultra realustic, but i dont have the patience... never took formal art, so only know what i like....
But am happy with my progress and paint cause i enjoy it, not to be rich. I also decided i am not hungry enough to deal with galleries.... So i gift a lot of mine, to friends, charities, and hospitals.....

I do enter exhibits, which i so far have gotten fewer rejections than acceptances..... Have one in an exhibit opening next week. 30 were accepted out if 187 that were entered....

This is the one that got into the 45th Annual Exhibition of the Mid-Southern Watercolorists....
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423155769.908836.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	85244

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #31097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post
Good Morning everyone. I have been following this thread for sometime now and would very much like to join in the festivities. Why did it take so long? I don't know,, but my DW asked that once when it took me 5 years to ask her to be my wife. A bit slow I guess, but I get there. It's the journey...not the destination!

Yes, we do believe, in so many ways, that the journey is our destination. We are always looking forward to what that will bring. Each sunrise is a blessing and we travel through the day, giving thanks after sunset for reaching that destination....whatever and wherever that may be.
This is our first motor home so there were so many things we don't or didn't know we could have. ALL OF WHICH we really don't miss. We have the basics...which have proven to be all we really ever needed (and never realized it).
The one thing we both miss is our king size bed. I'm pretty much a flopper all night, so having that extra room for the DW is really missed in our queen bed!
Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards to all.
Don and Dale

Welcome Don and Dale.... Took a hurricane to get you to join? Steve is a great mixologist....

Old 02-05-2015, 10:10 AM   #31098

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome Dale and Don!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #31099

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, Di's showing off her art, Steve showing off his ponderances so here is art in my eyes, this section finished!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	687.6 KB
ID:	85246  
Old 02-05-2015, 10:17 AM   #31100

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post
Good Morning everyone. I have been following this thread for sometime now and would very much like to join in the festivities.
Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards to all.
Don and Dale
Welcome to this crazy group Don and Dale, glad to see you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Okay fellow mutants, who is IN FLORIDA right now? OKmunky, my DW Mary Ann, and I want to organize a midi-C later this month or in early March.

We're mobile for a day trip. We can all meet at a central location (restaurant, bar/pub, park, etc.) We know Sue's checking out the ocean blue every other week and Boko is temporarily up north in the snow, but hey, it's time to arrange a group gathering. So chime in with your thoughts about place and date.
It's still snowing! More this weekend! And it isn't so much the cold I want to escape - it's not being in the bus that I miss the most!!! I hope I can convince the powers to be to let me back down there, I have to wait a week or two before broaching that topic again.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:19 AM   #31101

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Di... I do know you... and that's why I was sensitive to the burn brushes reply... I know your history of being told you were not an artist or even capable. I don't want to ever be grouped in with that or be like "that guy".

And I really do think it's an interesting topic. Annie and I really enjoyed the National Museum of Art and many small galleries in and around DC on our visits.
Art - Music - Poetry - Photography - Novels - these are the things I am no good at truly appreciate and love.

http://www.nga.gov/content/ngaweb/ex...di-cosimo.html
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #31102
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
This photo was taken many years ago during the famous Duke KaHana Mutant Surf Contest. One of Dogs relatives won. And there began the mutants affinity for luaus, islands and surfing. Those at the FEGC@CL will recall Jeffs spontaneous land surfing when the band hit the surf tunes... it's part of our mutant heritage.
I saw him this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok, Di's showing off her art, Steve showing off his ponderances so here is art in my eyes, this section finished!
Nice fence Tim! One of the better ones I've seen!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:29 AM   #31103

Vintage RV Owners Club
Welcome to Don and Dale... you will find this diverse group to be family in no time at all!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #31104

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

Yippee Or wait i was thinking i could rustle some steaks...... Good job cowboy tim.....

Old 02-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #31105
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Maui WOWIE!

Just got up. Cup O Joe in hand. I actually beat the neighbours rooster to the sun coming up.

View from my deck!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	85247  
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:39 AM   #31106

Quote:
Di... I do know you... and that's why I was sensitive to the burn brushes reply... I know your history of being told you were not an artist or even capable. I don't want to ever be grouped in with that or be like "that guy".

And I really do think it's an interesting topic. Annie and I really enjoyed the National Museum of Art and many small galleries in and around DC on our visits.
Art - Music - Poetry - Photography - Novels - these are the things I am no good at truly appreciate and love.

http://www.nga.gov/content/ngaweb/ex...di-cosimo.html

I LOVE you Steve...... Sorry..... I didnt mean it....
And if i did burn brushes, it would be the cheap ones...... Lol.....
No way..... I would group you with that...... I wasnt upset....... Wish i had taken art in college....

Btw
Don and Dale already gave their mutant number in their signature.
I LOVE IT........
Now #106 Give us a tiny tidbit of info bout ya'll.......

Old 02-05-2015, 10:50 AM   #31107

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
haha while striper are fun when you can get on em, I'm usually on the hunt for Large Mouth.. I'll keep doing some research on those lakes. I did hear that Hamilton is not the best for it.
Yes, like Di said, Hamilton is wall to wall homes and on nice days wall to wall boats. They do fish it, very little natural structure but many fish the area around the many boat docks. The water is not that clean, with so many homes there is no way of knowing what's dumped in it. Ouchita is one of the top clearest lakes in nation (according to the divers). On Ouchita if the fishing is bad, the boat riding is spectacular! Lake Catherine is becoming more like Hamilton, many homes, dirty water, not that good of fishing. A forth lake that is good fishing is Lake Degray, you'll be coming close by it on way in from TX. Not that far from CL.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:00 AM   #31108

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Just got up. Cup O Joe in hand. I actually beat the neighbours rooster to the sun coming up.

View from my deck!
Very nice!