Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2015, 07:15 AM   #31207

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Now if you wasn't so old you would of sneeked over, linked all the garments together and strung them like rope lites across the front of their rig! Now that would have been funny. Ha if Barb and Sena was there you could blame it on Sena!
Interesting that you should menation that, Tim. Sena is quite fond of ladies undergarments. If given the chance, she steals and plays with them. When asked to give them up, she will scurry away with her treasures.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #31208

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Interesting that you should menation that, Tim. Sena is quite fond of ladies undergarments. If given the chance, she steals and plays with them. When asked to give them up, she will scurry away with her treasures.
Yep, may be difficult to tell Steve and Sena apart, they seam to act more and more alike!
Old 02-06-2015, 07:25 AM   #31209

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RVM 86 here. I've been silent for to long, enjoying the journey too much to have time to keep up with all the chatter here on a regular basis. We are currently in Amistad and will be on the road headed toward Terlingua today. Then on to Marfa. Is there anyone on that route we can have a meet up with?
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:46 AM   #31210

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by xctraveler View Post
RVM 86 here. I've been silent for to long, enjoying the journey too much to have time to keep up with all the chatter here on a regular basis. We are currently in Amistad and will be on the road headed toward Terlingua today. Then on to Marfa. Is there anyone on that route we can have a meet up with?
Are you kidding. It's too cold up there. In fact, it's too cold here in McAllen - Edinburg - Mission aka the RGV.

Go south young mutant. Go south.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:10 AM   #31211

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Experimenting with the Fujifilm X-T1 this morning. There are lots of settings to figure out. We're contemplating making the birding circuit around here - of which there are many and the phone just won't cut it.

The lense I have is 18 - 135 digital - 28 - 200 35 mm equivalent. The 400 I had with the old 35 mm was more suited to birds but both are short for birding. With the image stabilization on the Fuji lense I may be able to some shots I night not have with the 400. Tripod or monopod will be a necessity I suppose. Now where did I put that monopod? Geesh. And what setting has this ghostly light around the palm in this grey morning light???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1423235388869.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	85307   Click image for larger version

Name:	1423235419612.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	85308  

Old 02-06-2015, 08:10 AM   #31212

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
CAN't get a whole lot further south than Terlingua without going to Florida. Forecast is 70's starting tomorrow. Chilly here in Amistad right now.

Definitely heading south looking for the warm!
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
Old 02-06-2015, 08:16 AM   #31213

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Flagship1, we were just up in your area for a day trip from Faclon SP. If you want to see lots of birds with almost no walking and where your 200 mm equivalent will be fine, head to Salineno TX, about 90 minutes from World Birding Center up 83, through Roma. About 12 miles past Roma watch for NWR sign and turn for Salineno keep going straigt after the turn until the river is in your way. Birding center is on your left. Walk in between 8 am and 4 pm. They have been feeding birds there for over 30 years.

If you want stop at the Birding Center office in Roma to get a map.

Have fun with the new camera.

We are about to get on the road for the day.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:23 AM   #31214

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
CAN't get a whole lot further south than Terlingua without going to Florida. Forecast is 70's starting tomorrow. Chilly here in Amistad right now.

Definitely heading south looking for the warm!
Did ya get a chance to fish?
I think the weather men here intentionally pad the forecast to keep the winter Texans here. We are expecting 65 today but they were so wrong about the past few days I don't believe a word they say now. 79 tomorrow and 80s Monday and Tuesday. Will believe it when I see it. Lol.

A little too much distance between us to Mini-C for lunch. :(
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1423236163124.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	85313  
Old 02-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #31215
MPH

Herb, isn't that your pickup truck?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:29 AM   #31216

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Flagship1, we were just up in your area for a day trip from Faclon SP. If you want to see lots of birds with almost no walking and where your 200 mm equivalent will be fine, head to Salineno TX, about 90 minutes from World Birding Center up 83, through Roma. About 12 miles past Roma watch for NWR sign and turn for Salineno keep going straigt after the turn until the river is in your way. Birding center is on your left. Walk in between 8 am and 4 pm. They have been feeding birds there for over 30 years.

If you want stop at the Birding Center office in Roma to get a map.

Have fun with the new camera.

We are about to get on the road for the day.
Thanks for the tip.
For those of you interested in birding - the RGV is home to many fine locations...

http://www.theworldbirdingcenter.com/aboutus.html

Journey safely young mutants.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:36 AM   #31217
MPH

Quote:
Yep, may be difficult to tell Steve and Sena apart, they seam to act more and more alike!
Tim, that was a nice compliment to Steve!
Old 02-06-2015, 08:44 AM   #31218

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I cannot stress this enough - Annie pointed it out to me as we were driving away and made me circle back to take a picture. I didn't want to but she insisted and didn't have her phone with her. Anyone who has ever tried to call her knows - she never has her phone with her.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:45 AM   #31219

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post

Herb, isn't that your pickup truck?

The ultimate tow vehicle and toy hauler and offroad rock crawler! New: $4.5M. Annual tire cost $420K.
It may be a tad overweight for the roads and wider than 2 lanes, but you cannot overload it with ATVs, boats, kamikaze cars, sand rails, or BACON!
With top speeds of 6mph uphill and 30 on flat ground, you won't win a race, but nobody can pass you, and they best not get in your way. Also, very economical at 50 gallons per hour. And, AND, 2700 HP (grunt-grunt)

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:57 AM   #31220
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
The ultimate tow vehicle and toy hauler and offroad rock crawler! New: $4.5M. Annual tire cost $420K.
It may be a tad overweight for the roads and wider than 2 lanes, but you cannot overload it with ATVs, boats, kamikaze cars, sand rails, or BACON!
With top speeds of 6mph uphill and 30 on flat ground, you won't win a race, but nobody can pass you, and they best not get in your way. Also, very economical at 50 gallons per hour. And, AND, 2700 HP (grunt-grunt)

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead
Hell, we could all get in the back and Herb could drive us up Mt. McKinley. Is there a bar up there?