Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2015, 03:01 PM   #31669

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Yea... checks in the mail Dennis. Checks in the mail.

I did like Papaw Steves idea... current list of attendees for GC1.2 Redux are all going to Disney World. Yippee.. Fort Wilderness here we come..
If I would have won you would have known it by now. Spent $60 and won $12. What I lose each individual drawing I make up in volume. Usually ignore the lotto until the interest really peaks. We would go to Fort Wilderness soon after we purchased a Prevost.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2015, 03:06 PM   #31670

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
If I would have won you would have known it by now. Spent $60 and won $12. What I lose each individual drawing I make up in volume. Usually ignore the lotto until the interest really peaks. We would go to Fort Wilderness soon after we purchased a Prevost.
Gold Guilded???
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:20 PM   #31671

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If there are votes - I would say full timers like us - with the ability to suit ourselves get half a vote. We want to accommodate as many as possible and we'll probably be in Utah / Idaho area for a month and a half or two. Full timers could miniC up there and in AZ pretty easily about any time from mid August on.

JMHO...

And Barb - we all know you don't have a contentious bone in your body. Sena stole it and broke it long ago....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #31672

Quote:
If there are votes - I would say full timers like us - with the ability to suit ourselves get half a vote. We want to accommodate as many as possible and we'll probably be in Utah / Idaho area for a month and a half or two. Full timers could miniC up there and in AZ pretty easily about any time from mid August on.

JMHO...

And Barb - we all know you don't have a contentious bone in your body. Sena stole it and broke it long ago....

Motorhome magazine has an article on Zion.... And a one page thing on Lake Ouachita.
I also bought the book Steve bought on Zion and Bryce.
Same magazine listed best group areas...
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423780604.813713.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	85855

While I would prefer September due to less crowds, it is not because of kids, there would be more chance of 15-20 rigs getting together in a park.......

But i agree with Barb, regardless, i would like to see it voted on.... And not just set a date...... But i think each number gets one vote......

But that being said, even if I do vote, until we find out Larrys status, we cannot confirm any date. He has to have his ICD replaced, until it beeps, insurance will not cover it, battery is almost gone, and once it beeps, he will have to have surgery within 2-3 weeks, so........ We are limited to how long and how far we can travel..... Tried to get them to do it this month...... Nope.

But i really would like to see two a year...

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423781134.838015.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	85856 Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423781149.477909.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	85857

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #31673

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
ROFLMAO Yes, she has already stolen and broken everything else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #31674

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Diane, I heard it beeping, didn't you?? How many people have to hear it beep before the beeping insurance company will do their job?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #31675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Motorhome magazine has an article on Zion.... And a one page thing on Lake Ouachita.
I also bought the book Steve bought on Zion and Bryce.
Same magazine listed best group areas...
Attachment 85855

While I would prefer September due to less crowds, it is not because of kids, there would be more chance of 15-20 rigs getting together in a park.......

But i agree with Barb, regardless, i would like to see it voted on.... And not just set a date...... But i think each number gets one vote......

But that being said, even if I do vote, until we find out Larrys status, we cannot confirm any date. He has to have his ICD replaced, until it beeps, insurance will not cover it, battery is almost gone, and once it beeps, he will have to have surgery within 2-3 weeks, so........ We are limited to how long and how far we can travel..... Tried to get them to do it this month...... Nope.

Attachment 85856 Attachment 85857

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!

Yep.... They are sideways..... Oh well....
I rotated them so they woukd be correct, then they were turned anyway.....
IDC....

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:07 PM   #31676
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Better not make plans till you meet me at GC 1.2. I'm kind of shy, quiet and introverted.

Of course we could meet up and caravan to the GCII!
Pants on fire, pants on fire, liar, liar, pants on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok which one of you Texans won the big lottery? Sorry Papa Steve, I was pulling for you although a curosity of mutants running around Disney World might be frightening to ole Mickey!
Lost $16, but I won $4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Quote:
Nice post Herb!
X2 Herb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
I obviously don't multi task very well! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Yes you do! You can talk and tick people off at the same time.

Quote:
[...]

First, let me tell you that I carry jumper cables. Have no fear Larry.

Okay! I was kidding. Health is most important, but if you work harder you may get it to beep earlier. Just sayin' (humorously)

As to any GC, not everyone will be able to attend every gathering. The camaraderie is wonderful, and it is wonderful on this thread - thank you. As for August this year, well that is four months after we see ya'll and it may be to soon for ya'll (I know Y'all instead of Ya'll, but I like the later and you still understand the context.). For 2015, in August, we will be far into the Northwest U.S., so Dennis and Les can stop by somewhere in WA or OR and visit us. We try and beat the heat and we will not be headed home until the end of August. September is a better month for us to try and get to Bryce or surrounding area. Just plan. If we can make it we can, if not:

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.

p.s., We live in a temperate climate (most of the time) so anyone that wants to come down this way and see the area we will be happy to be tour guides if we are here. A few have already been here and I hope they had fun and want to come back. As we travel and your dwelling, whether it be S&B or RV, is in our path, we'll stop and say hello whenever possible.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:15 PM   #31677
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Yep.... They are sideways..... Oh well....
I rotated them so they woukd be correct, then they were turned anyway.....
IDC....

Don't fret over it. All those 'droids can turn their systems sideways and look at it. I just picked up the 27" iMac and turned it on it's side.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #31678

Vintage RV Owners Club
ya know... when I try that the pic turns back sideways unless I go into the settings and tell it not to do that....
Old 02-12-2015, 05:27 PM   #31679

[QUOTE=flaggship1;2422507]
JMHO...

And Barb - we all know you don't have a contentious bone in your body.

As the somewhat recently crowned the MML (Mutant Master of Lucidity), X2 on what you said.

Our family enjoyed Disney World so much in September. Fort Wilderness of course. Worst experience ever was Disney World during Christmas break back in the early 80's. Yellowstone in late May was great.

Accommodating mutants with school agers is FINE with us though.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #31680

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
An alternative is a get together in the area we had planned the Pacific Northwet gathering in. About 100 miles south of Les and within reach of any planning to be in the area in the mid summer time. Earlene & Wayne, Annie and Steve, Barb et al, and a couple of others who will not come to mind at the moment.

Now for a more pressing matter. Di think in shades; of grey. get the old coot all wound up and that should get that beeping beeper beeping. It all hinges around the presentation.

In all seriousness take care to make sure everything is as it should be as those contraptions do go about doing their business really well.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:55 PM   #31681

R U an RV Mutant too?

IMHO, the discussion around future GCs makes the positions of Regional Illustrious Grand Ambassador(s) look like a partial fix.
If 1 or more RVMs (we have 106 now) would take the RIGA position in each region, the R&D effort around possible GC locations could shape up quite nicely!
Regions TBD.
AR and places around there could be continued by Tim and Di.
I can do some of the SW and Mid Atlantic. Maybe some New England too. But would need a cohort RVM.
Folks that winter in FL.... That summer in Midwest.... Mid South..... North Wet..... Etc
OTOH, getting just a few RVMs in one spot works! I can Open The Kimono around a campfire! (Mental picture not intended)
Bottom line: voting is okay, but doesn't put the train on the track. Ambassadors find a nifty spot, research, maybe make a deal (no pavillion not always a deal breaker to me), get some folks to say "Oh Yeah", and it happens. Twice a year. 5 times a year. What ev!
Hey STMs. I may have launched an underinflated balloon, but it's at least a stick in the mud to stare at. Trying to break the ice.
Mutated ponders appreciated.

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:58 PM   #31682

R U an RV Mutant too?

Saguaro National Park West.
The saguaros are amazing, like passing thru an art museum of Mutating forms.
But I did discover how saguaros are planted. They are "deposited" by The Thing, of the Fantastic Four. Check him out in pic 1 upper right.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423796234.140886.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	85883

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423796258.518209.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	85884

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1423796283.033792.jpg