Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2015, 07:13 PM   #32299

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Period noted. We just may be in Florida sometime in 2016. Right now, I'm thinking it'll be more like November 2016. We want to be in the Austin area (hill country) in December 2016 so we can have Christmas with our granddaughter, Gwen! (Oh, and her parents, too. That would be Kate's younger son (and my sweet stepson) Mark, and his wife, Merrell.)
I can promise you we will not be in Texas for the winter until the stats line up showing a warm winter weather trend... and it doesn't look good. Annie is ready to leave here today.

Austin at Christmas.... get a heated hose...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2015, 07:16 PM   #32300
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Has there been any talk about a GC somewhere up north? Idaho or Montana sometime? We'll be there in May, 2016. Maybe we can do a mini-C at Glacier or Yellowstone. That's a heck of a lot closer for you than Bryce.
Those are more doable.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #32301

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Those are more doable.
You'll be hearing from my people... we may have to come to the mountain.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #32302
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Lots of great camping here!

Tons of Wineries, Lakes and Mountains!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #32303

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Wineries, lakes and mountains and rattlesnakes and bears oh my!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:53 PM   #32304

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:

Bring yer pet rattler to camp. Another live mascot! The bear? Your choice.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:54 PM   #32305

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Period noted. We just may be in Florida sometime in 2016. Right now, I'm thinking it'll be more like November 2016. We want to be in the Austin area (hill country) in December 2016 so we can have Christmas with our granddaughter, Gwen! (Oh, and her parents, too. That would be Kate's younger son (and my sweet stepson) Mark, and his wife, Merrell.)
Mel,

I avoid Florida from April - Nov due to heat and then hurricane season (Aug-Nov). This year I got to our Florida site on 11/30.

My philosophy of full timing is to be where I can wear shorts and short sleeves 80% of the time and only need air conditioning 2% or less. I'm lucky to have friends and family all over the country. We stay on their property most of the time and boondock while traveling. Campgrounds don't work well with yappy Lily who barks at every noise and Sena who knows how to open RV screen doors so she can steal goodies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:34 PM   #32306

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We were shooting for Idaho before Utah was determined - there may still be a roll into Idaho following Bryce. Somebodies weren't interested in Idaho.

For 2016 - there is already some talk of the Maritimes. And I know we will be giving Florida the winter of 2016/17... that's getting pretty far ahead for this mutant to ponder.. lol and period.

"Somebodies" were tring to get it as central as we could..... For as many as we could.
Lol, i also remember other somebodies requesting September...... After school was back in session.

NLOL, but somebodies did not know our battery lifeline was going down.... Nope not laughing on that one
The want to is strong, the can do, just might not be.

Yes, those of us who do not fulltime we are at a distinct disadvantage for location.... And such,
but i hope we can find a time which is best for as many as we can....
Wouldnt that be a rainbow delight.... All of the flavors at BR in one great big bowl....

The maritimes? Really. For a GC?

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:56 PM   #32307

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
"Somebodies" were tring to get it as central as we could..... For as many as we could.
Lol, i also remember other somebodies requesting September...... After school was back in session.

NLOL, but somebodies did not know our battery lifeline was going down.... Nope not laughing on that one
The want to is strong, the can do, just might not be.

Yes, those of us who do not fulltime we are at a distinct disadvantage for location.... And such,
but i hope we can find a time which is best for as many as we can....
Wouldnt that be a rainbow delight.... All of the flavors at BR in one great big bowl....

The maritimes? Really. For a GC?

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Maritimes - Maybe. Maybe not. - Maybe Steve and Mary and Annie and I - it's a mini... or maybe east coasters could make it. Or something in New England on the way in or out of the Maritimes. Or maybe SC as Larry suggested as we head south to Florida. Who knows.

What I do know is that those who are retired and those who are full time have it easier to journey than those who still trade labor for dollars. That's why I don't think voting is any fairer than just throwing a dart.
But even those who are retired and or full time - have their preferences and druthers. And it is next to impossible to please everyone so....

http://youtu.be/fxdiraVxwkI

Nothing wrong with that at all.
As The Grand Poobah mentioned a while back - the easiest thing is to call a mini or midi wherever you journey, whenever you journey... if others can be there they will - and that of course would include the Poobah and the Potantate. We have colloborated on this and are pretty much lock step. We want to meet all the mutants - wherever and whenever we can.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:15 PM   #32308

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Maritimes - Maybe. Maybe not. - Maybe Steve and Mary and Annie and I - it's a mini... or maybe east coasters could make it. Or something in New England on the way in or out of the Maritimes. Or maybe SC as Larry suggested as we head south to Florida. Who knows.

What I do know is that those who are retired and those who are full time have it easier to journey than those who still trade labor for dollars. That's why I don't think voting is any fairer than just throwing a dart.
But even those who are retired and or full time - have their preferences and druthers. And it is next to impossible to please everyone so....

http://youtu.be/fxdiraVxwkI

Nothing wrong with that at all.
As The Grand Poobah mentioned a while back - the easiest thing is to call a mini or midi wherever you journey, whenever you journey... if others can be there they will - and that of course would include the Poobah and the Potantate. We have colloborated on this and are pretty much lock step. We want to meet all the mutants - wherever and whenever we can.
Steve if some are planning on a trip, a GC, a mini, a caravan are what ever to the Maritines we would like to be in on that planning. We want to go even if it's not a big gathering.

A moving Caravan GC would certanly be mutant don't you think. Larry even showed interest to the NE GC when I mentioned it.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:27 PM   #32309

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve if some are planning on a trip, a GC, a mini, a caravan are what ever to the Maritines we would like to be in on that planning. We want to go even if it's not a big gathering.

A moving Caravan GC would certanly be mutant don't you think. Larry even showed interest to the NE GC when I mentioned it.
I do... I do indeed. That's why I'm going to be reaching out to you - Dave - Jeff - and anyone else in Utah - to work toward at least 1 move together following Bryce. Remember the Gypsy Mutants.... it's still in our DNA... a little caravanin' could be fun.

I am still working on my dates for Bryce - as in trying to get a rate - for 7/27 -8/27 month long... just waiting to hear from the man. What man?
http://youtu.be/bU9wLjk4II8
Old 02-20-2015, 09:53 PM   #32310

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I do... I do indeed. That's why I'm going to be reaching out to you - Dave - Jeff - and anyone else in Utah - to work toward at least 1 move together following Bryce. Remember the Gypsy Mutants.... it's still in our DNA... a little caravanin' could be fun.

I am still working on my dates for Bryce - as in trying to get a rate - for 7/27 -8/27 month long... just waiting to hear from the man. What man?
http://youtu.be/bU9wLjk4II8
Quick question, your smoker, is it electric, gas or charcoal/wood. I remember it had a remote something but don't remember all. We were looking at a electric one. Plug in set temp walk away.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:02 PM   #32311

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Quick question, your smoker, is it electric, gas or charcoal/wood. I remember it had a remote something but don't remember all. We were looking at a electric one. Plug in set temp walk away.
Mine burns charcoal and wood.

Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" Charcoal and Wood
http://www.firecraft.com/product/web...FQaSaQodyYEAcw

Maverick Remote Thermometer
http://www.firecraft.com/product/new...lar-accessoies
Old 02-20-2015, 10:05 PM   #32312

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Mine burns charcoal and wood.

Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" Charcoal and Wood