Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2015, 09:03 AM   #33713

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We are rapidly approaching last call for GC1.2 Redux.

It's time for current mutants to step up and register with Catherine's Landing and HerbandBarb... Unfortunatley we have had a few drop out and there are plenty of spaces available.

I need to update the agenda to reflect the fine work Di has dssiminated via email, but Details are
Catherine's Landing
Beautiful Hot Springs AR.
April 15th - 22nd (depart 4/23)

And here:
http://www.rvmutants.com/gc-cl-1-2-redux.html

The band will play at the Luau Dinner Saturday night.

If you would like to join us and don't have your mutant number yet - tell us what your RV doesn't have and you don't miss - and declare the Journey is the Destination. Your mutant number is your ticket to the rainbow - the keys to the RVMdom and what you need to tell them at Catherine's Landing when you register.

Don't be shy. We really are an all inclusive group of mutants. You will not be sorry you joined us.

Tim - the bean bags are 5" x 5"... hopefully they will work.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2015, 10:19 AM   #33714

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Anyone care for some "streaky"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1426436349882.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	88596   Click image for larger version

Name:	1426436360084.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	88597  

Old 03-15-2015, 10:42 AM   #33715

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
To ponder:

Why is it that some elect to have an anti-virus comment at the end of their email. By the time one gets down to reading it, it's to late.
Show me where it gets added on and I'll unad it. Noticed the tag along when reading my group posts elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Is this one of the Mutant Olympics events?

I was going to suggest nekked leapfrog but now that I'm betrothed I don't think my fiancee will approve. Heck, I didn't even know I wuz frum Kentuck!
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #33716

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Show me where it gets added on and I'll unad it. Noticed the tag along when reading my group posts elsewhere.

Is this one of the Mutant Olympics events?

I was going to suggest nekked leapfrog but now that I'm betrothed I do think my fiancee will approve. Heck, I didn't even know I wuz frum Kentuck!
We're always the last to know...
Old 03-15-2015, 11:42 AM   #33717

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
As The Stomach Turns.......
Old 03-15-2015, 12:01 PM   #33718

Monaco Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

Afternoon, Muteys:

After much deliberation, we have decided that the Newmar will not be residing in our driveway. Sadly, it is not the right rig for us.

The owner wants more than we want to pay, and it needs electronics upgrades, new flooring (who thought it was a good idea to carpet motor homes), and a lot of other things we did not notice at our first look around. The generator is shot, and there was apparently either an accident with spaghetti sauce, or major bloodshed - the ceiling in the kitchen had funny red stains on it.

We realized that we don't like brass hardware and oak cabinets, and this had both. We also like higher ceilings, and a king-sized bed. Driving it was fun, and one is in our future. The right one will be along when the time is right.

Elizabeth (and Mary)
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:09 PM   #33719

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Elizabeth - there are plenty of fish in the sea. You will know the right one when you see it.

Hope you two are doing well. Sure wish GC1.2 was on your calendar. We will cross paths one day.

Say hi to the birds for us... and Mary too...
Old 03-15-2015, 01:47 PM   #33720

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Afternoon, Muteys:

After much deliberation, we have decided that the Newmar will not be residing in our driveway. Sadly, it is not the right rig for us.

The owner wants more than we want to pay, and it needs electronics upgrades, new flooring (who thought it was a good idea to carpet motor homes), and a lot of other things we did not notice at our first look around. The generator is shot, and there was apparently either an accident with spaghetti sauce, or major bloodshed - the ceiling in the kitchen had funny red stains on it.

We realized that we don't like brass hardware and oak cabinets, and this had both. We also like higher ceilings, and a king-sized bed. Driving it was fun, and one is in our future. The right one will be along when the time is right.

Elizabeth (and Mary)
Hi Elizabeth and Mary,

Picking out a rainbow rider is a long process. Marcia and I looked at thousands on-line and really had our hearts set on a 42' Tiffen Phaeton, and then one day Marcia found a Beaver on the interweb ... lol ... I had never even heard of those so we began researching and the one that was really speaking to us was in California ..... Well that said road trip to me and off we went. Now you must also understand that for more than five years we went to every RV show imaginable. Anyway we made the deal on the one in California, and now we have been living in it full time for two years and we are still loving it !!! Yes of course there are issues that arise that need to be done and not put off, but its our home on wheels and we love it.
I don't know if we will always have it, but right now I can't really see a reason to trade it, its home !!

You will find yours when you least expect it.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:45 PM   #33721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Hello everyone wanted to check in and say we are doing better. Not 100% yet but getting there. Hope everyone is doing good. We should be back on the rainbow by fall. We will miss the cg

Gonna miss youse guys! Glad to hear your rainbow is getting brighter. Hang tough.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:50 PM   #33722

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Ummm -- prefer my bacon the old-fashioned way: just tasting like bacon. Maybe w/ hickory or apple or maple, but only if they're real. Sorry, no bourbon here. 😁
Old 03-15-2015, 04:17 PM   #33723

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ummm -- prefer my bacon the old-fashioned way: just tasting like bacon. Maybe w/ hickory or apple or maple, but only if they're real. Sorry, no bourbon here. 😁
It's a sweet bacon... and I like it for german beans...but don't care for it plain.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:33 PM   #33724

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
It's a sweet bacon... and I like it for german beans...but don't care for it plain.
Annie didn't like it much. I hadn't thought of it for beans but bet you're right. I had some Cherrywood smoked the other day. Now that was better. As for maple... that's long been my favorite next to my eggs or waffles.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:46 PM   #33725
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Afternoon, Muteys:

Elizabeth (and Mary)

Hi Elizabeth and Mary,

Glad to know you made the right decision for you. Sometimes it's easy because it's so obvious. Other times, it's just difficult to decide! Sounds like you came to your conclusion fairly easily.

As far as decisions, we took a round-about route to our DP. We looked at 5th wheels for a few months, then decided to go with a Class C and looked at those for a few months. Finally, some of these sick, twisted, RVM yayhoos talked me into looking at Class A diesel pushers. So, we looked and drove and looked some more. Herb & Barb and Wayne & Earlene looked at several DPs for us, too. Wayne and Earlene checked out the one we ended up buying. We've had some cosmetic work done on the interior and plan to have a bit more done. We still have to replace the radiator and one tire. After that, we should be good for a while.

Our investment was not that much, so we will be able to upgrade in a few years if we want to.

But, like you, we are happy with what we have. Kate would probably be happy with Bow till we die. I'm the one who will be wanting to upgrade every few years! She has to hold me back; otherwise, I'd be trading coaches every other year.

Looking forward to meeting the two of you one of these days.

Mel (& Kate)
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #33726

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
^^^ Another more for less up there ^^^