Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2015, 05:19 AM   #36051

Morning Dave & Nola, where is your journey taking you in Virgina? Were going to leave Kentucky Friday, and were thinking of going to coastal, South Carolina. I think were just going to pull some one nighters until we get there. wherever there is. Have a safe trip O Mutant One's.
RVM #104
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2015, 05:30 AM   #36052

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer3025 View Post
Morning Dave & Nola, where is your journey taking you in Virgina? Were going to leave Kentucky Friday, and were thinking of going to coastal, South Carolina. I think were just going to pull some one nighters until we get there. wherever there is. Have a safe trip O Mutant One's.

Hi Tom and Kim!
3 nites in Stoney Creek Resort, Greenville to be next to Paul and Chris, and have a Midi-C with Elizabeth and Mary on Wednesday!
More RVMs means higher odds of trails that cross. Woot!
Geez! The Journey is truly your Destination, eh? Safe and Happy Trails to ya!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:31 AM   #36053

R U an RV Mutant too?

Red sky in the morning
Sailors take warning!

And

When the sun comes up
And hides itself soon,
Rain it will
And may before noon.

Both happening here in northeastern AR, if you believe old weather proverbs. That's okay, though. We have wheels. 😁

Hiya, early birds! Possum, whaddya doin up so early? Or was that just late to bed? And what *did* that bird say to you??? Looks unprintable!

Sevierville must be gorgeous. Had a cousin worked there a number of years. Smokies and Blue Ridge -- love em. Enjoy!

We're sleepin in today, or actin like it, maybe. Nice not to feel pushed. Gonna take that cuppa and go back to bed with it. 😊
Old 04-28-2015, 06:11 AM   #36054

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hi Tom and Kim!
3 nites in Stoney Creek Resort, Greenville to be next to Paul and Chris, and have a Midi-C with Elizabeth and Mary on Wednesday!
More RVMs means higher odds of trails that cross. Woot!
Geez! The Journey is truly your Destination, eh? Safe and Happy Trails to ya!

Sounds like fun you Two.
It's been a Journey that's for sure.
RVM #104
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:12 AM   #36055
MPH

My oh my! I'm off the forum for a few days and there are a passel of new members (welcome, y'all!), GC Redux 1.2 is a warm memory, Mutants are scattered to the four winds, Rainbow Riders have been or will be repaired of all traces of falling frozen rocks, and Murder at Ropelight gulch has a new chapter.

Whew. I can't be off this long again! Also, I've got to figure out the Yahoo group thing.

Once again, we thank everyone for the fixes on Bow. All her innerds are working fine and she is one happy camper. (I bet it was all those good looking guys paying her all that attention ....)

We were, of course, sad to learn about all the damage so many of you suffered with the hail storm. Hopefully, eveyone has good insurance!

Kate & I are back in the w__k grind, full swing. While we love our jobs, we certainly do look forward to the day when we are riding the rainbow FT. Looking forward to running into Mutants here and there.

Later ....

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:29 AM   #36056

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
My oh my! I'm off the forum for a few days and there are a passel of new members (welcome, y'all!), GC Redux 1.2 is a warm memory, Mutants are scattered to the four winds, Rainbow Riders have been or will be repaired of all traces of falling frozen rocks, and Murder at Ropelight gulch has a new chapter.

Whew. I can't be off this long again! Also, I've got to figure out the Yahoo group thing.

Once again, we thank everyone for the fixes on Bow. All her innerds are working fine and she is one happy camper. (I bet it was all those good looking guys paying her all that attention ....)

We were, of course, sad to learn about all the damage so many of you suffered with the hail storm. Hopefully, eveyone has good insurance!

Kate & I are back in the w__k grind, full swing. While we love our jobs, we certainly do look forward to the day when we are riding the rainbow FT. Looking forward to running into Mutants here and there.

Later ....

Mel
Good to hear from you Mel (and Kate). Yea, that w* thing is coming up on me as well again - still have vacation time to deal with car damage getting fixed, final repairs I'm doing on the roof and start getting the yard in shape for summer.

And yes, if you don't keep up you'll fall waaaaay behind and that takes an evening to catchup!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:33 AM   #36057

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Good to hear from you Mel (and Kate). Yea, that w* thing is coming up on me as well again - still have vacation time to deal with car damage getting fixed, final repairs I'm doing on the roof and start getting the yard in shape for summer.

And yes, if you don't keep up you'll fall waaaaay behind and that takes an evening to catchup!
Carl did your bike have any damage?
Old 04-28-2015, 06:55 AM   #36058

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Carl did your bike have any damage?
Funny thing about that. Of all things, I had my awning out when that storm hit and it quickly got weighed down with rain/hail. I actually tried to pull it in while the storm was going on and all it did was come back maybe 1/2 way and then stopped. I thought great, now I'lll loose that as well (for sure an insurance claim).

The beauty of all that is the bike was under the awning the whole time so not on ding on it! I was happy about that for sure. I'll try to keep it under the awning in the future after that experience.

I feel as some do that it's just the luck of the draw. We could've been anywhere in the country on that day and have a similar mishap the way mother nature works. My hope is next years GC is still in that same time frame because it works for me bringing the RV back from FL and making a slight detour to have a grand time. Pushing it into May could put a damper on that. I really had a great time meeting everyone.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:35 AM   #36059

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbburgess View Post
We love Hinton RV park. We have been there so many times we have our own site #31 that they just give us. We also always stop at Lamberts - great food and I never can eat all that I get. Wish all of you were here in Navarre Fl with us (NOT) - high winds, heavy rain and potential tornados but no hail so far. Just my luck this year I guess.
Ed and Barb Burgess #111
Hey folks! It's our first time here and we're enjoying it. Especially so since I went ahead and had them fill up the propane tank which was down a bit. Woke up at 6 am this morning and it was 52 degrees inside. Turned the furnaces on and went back to bed. Propane at the park is was super expensive. 11 gallons was just over 40 bucks :what: Bonnie at the office was very nice and provide excellent service and picked me up off the floor when I passed out... lol.

Bit of a northeast wind and 48 degrees now. The sun is out, but overcast. Today we take it easy and prepare for the 3 hour journey to Effingham. May take a day trip to the Shawnee Forest today for a look see. Have to get this cuppa down and look into that.
Great meeting you two! Stay connected. The mutants are everywhere!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:05 AM   #36060

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Mel! Hi Kate!
We're keeping the rainbow in great shape for your escape. Looking forward to seeing you again

What a great time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430229840640.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	92800   Click image for larger version

Name:	1430229897516.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	92801  

Old 04-28-2015, 08:09 AM   #36061

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer3025 View Post
Sounds like fun you Two.
It's been a Journey that's for sure.
Howdy!
How's the new truck doing?
Was thinking about SPI the other day and wishing the sun had shown it's face a little more. Hope all is well and hope paths cross again soon.
Keep those mutant mugs handy. We will share some Joe and crisp bacon one day!
Old 04-28-2015, 09:35 AM   #36062

Steve, txt went pear-shaped.

Watch out, MO, here we are! Here today, gone ... today. Probably home on the hill by late afternoon. Missing all the mutant activity and fun, but ready to check the S&B for winter bumps and bruises.

Going into the house will be like opening a time capsule -- exactly as it was left all that long time ago. (We hope, unless a cleaning lady has come in!) November 2014, to be precise. We've never been gone so long! Weird.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:55 AM   #36063

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post

Mel
Mel, the Yahoo group is simply email. Send one to the group address and everyone who is subscribed gets a copy. If you want to join just send me a PM that includes your email address. I must warn you, tho, there aren't any restrictions on what can be posted. It gets a little mutany at times.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:59 AM   #36064
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Propane at the park is was super expensive. 11 gallons was just over 40 bucks :what: Bonnie at the office was very nice and provide excellent service and picked me up off the floor when I passed out... lol.
Wow. I paid about $12 for 7.5 gals. Steve, you shoulda got a discount for your good looks or for military service or because you're friends with Sena. Sheesh!
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote