Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2015, 09:19 PM   #36471

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
We have a anniversary coming up! May 17, 1974 I made Mary the luckiest woman on earth! (If my luck holds up she'll never know I said that!)
Happy Anniversary! If you live that long.... I don't know if Mary has a frying pan or not, bit I know she access to a Dutch Over or two...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #36472

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
We had a scary close call while traveling home today. We were doing 45 mph on a clear day on an open two lane road when a car coming down a road perpendicular to us ran through the stop sign and into our path. I swerved to avoid him and then back to stay off of the median, which had a severe downward slope. My decisions were sound, as we are still in one piece and so is the moho. My racing heart overrode my pacemaker.

Then we had a guy towing a trailer force me off the side of the road because he tried to come into my lane without checking if someone was there first.

I think I have driving PTSD 😢
All is well that ends well... and congrats on making sound decisions. It's been said before - they walk among us... 10 bonus mutant points for avoiding a nut job or two...
Old 05-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #36473

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Sue, you are a delight.
Ain't it the truth!
Old 05-03-2015, 09:25 PM   #36474

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
And add another May birthday... Kris Snell RVM#85.5 Or 85a Or 85 1/2
Which is the official way anyway

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
There's an official way???
Old 05-03-2015, 09:27 PM   #36475

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
All is well that ends well... and congrats on making sound decisions. It's been said before - they walk among us... 10 bonus mutant points for avoiding a nut job or two...
X2 on avoiding the nut jobs. Please don't run them over, they very well may be one of us!
Old 05-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #36476

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
This the start of the season.... Of graduations. One party today, 2 next Saturday...and I've forgotten beyond that at this point...Church this AM...potluck after then the grad reception for a buddy of mine who finally got her masters then home for am hour and off to the airport association meeting/ potluck....kind of tired of people right now....
Edit...oh yeah, and my youngest gets married the week after that....
Sounds like the lead up to - Here, hold my beer... I can't even picture a plate that full. Maybe Di can paint one. Lol.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #36477

Whew

Just signed in tonight. First unread post was on 4/30/2015. Spend 90 minutes catching up.

Happy Birthday Barb

Healing ohms to neighbors losing their daughter to suicide

Our insurance is State Farm on both. Our car was estimated at $7,677 and was originally totaled. "Total Team" looked at the numbers again and decided my car was worth $11,000 + so they're repairing it. New hood, new front fenders and head lights, new roof, new hatch, and maybe new doors if dents are not able to be removed.

Sounds like a new car chassis to me. I'm happy if they'll fix it as promised. Zero deductible (I went to zero before Alaska trip). State Farm does not do the diminished value thing on comprehensive losses. I don't know about crashes.

Motor home estimate still being worked on. No problems on it so far.

Lovely grand babies and grand nephews too.

This weekend 7 ballgames with grandsons 1, 2, and 3. Worth every minute of it.

later
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:35 PM   #36478

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ya know Tim brought his prom date to the GC's... probably wore those shorts the day after prom!
Yep, and they still fit! And yours?

Those are my buffet pants, you can drop foods of many colors on them and no one knows!

Using my best cousin Eddy voice, " I saw you admiring my shoes there Clark so I got you a pair".

Forget it, I'm not getting you a pair, couldn't if I wanted to, they don't come in size: round!
Old 05-03-2015, 09:42 PM   #36479

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

This weekend 7 ballgames with grandsons 1, 2, and 3. Worth every minute of it.

later
I'm just a little jealous! I have two GS in S CA and two in SC. It's hard to be in two places at once. The other four grands are in S ID. I hate missing them but love that I get to see pics on FB.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:04 PM   #36480

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ
This the start of the season.... Of graduations. One party today, 2 next Saturday...and I've forgotten beyond that at this point...Church this AM...potluck after then the grad reception for a buddy of mine who finally got her masters then home for am hour and off to the airport association meeting/ potluck....kind of tired of people right now....

Sounds like the lead up to - Here, hold my beer... I can't even picture a plate that full. Maybe Di can paint one. Lol.

Oh and then the real fun begins... they move in with us! Fortunately, I will be leaving for a week in June and ahem 'awhile' in August... Maybe she'll have a job by the time we get back from Bryce and we'll be moving them out into their own place.... fingers crossed everyone!
To be fair... I have a problem with taking people in... or maybe it's a problem with saying the word 'No' to people in need....
Old 05-03-2015, 10:05 PM   #36481
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Awwww... Miya is a sweetie! How cute that she is an equine lover. Who knew?! Did she enjoy watching the Derby?

I lived in Kentucky for a few years and Derby Week is nutso! But a lot of fun. If you ever get a chance to be in Louisville during Derby Week don't miss "Thunder over Louisville" -- has to be one of the most spectacular fireworks displays in the country.
Stopped at the Kentucky Horse Farm RV park once and enjoyed it.

Quote:
May birthdays...

May 15, 19xx.
Aw, come on, give it to us in Engish numbers, not Roman Numerals. XX = 20, right?

Quote:
Me. Mary is 7/31/19xx!
Same month and day as Earlene, but not xx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Is that the last one out of the cuckoo nest?

Quote:
Yep, and they still fit! And yours?

Those are my buffet pants, you can drop foods of many colors on them and no one knows!

Using my best cousin Eddy voice, " I saw you admiring my shoes there Clark so I got you a pair".

Forget it, I'm not getting you a pair, couldn't if I wanted to, they don't come in size: round!
Tim, that's how I tie-dye my shirts. Go to a restaurant and eat, things just come naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
I'm just a little jealous! I have two GS in S CA and two in SC. It's hard to be in two places at once. The other four grands are in S ID. I hate missing them but love that I get to see pics on FB.
Our only two are in S. CA. Headed that way to see them soon I hope.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:25 PM   #36482

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
[COLOR=blue]Congrts! Now, are you also moving into that Dutch Star next month? :
Not until the end of the year, ās soon as we get it in Oct-Nov, we will post pics so you can drool... 😊
Old 05-03-2015, 10:28 PM   #36483

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Son & DIL taught over there, we spent a week there, long enough!
Congrats on the sell!
Thx. Yeah, we didn't like it much either... 10 days was enough. From now on she visits us!
Old 05-03-2015, 10:32 PM   #36484

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
We had a scary close call while traveling home today. We were doing 45 mph on a clear day on an open two lane road when a car coming down a road perpendicular to us ran through the stop sign and into our path. I swerved to avoid him and then back to stay off of the median, which had a severe downward slope. My decisions were sound, as we are still in one piece and so is the moho. My racing heart overrode my pacemaker.

Then we had a guy towing a trailer force me off the side of the road because he tried to come into my lane without checking if someone was there first.

I think I have driving PTSD 😢
Wow, glad all s okay!