Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #36597

Fleetwood Owners Club
You know while I was cleaning out the SIL barn I got to thinking about some appropriate games for the Western Theme out in Bryce.

Tell me what you think about Apple bobbing? Got lots of Horse Apples!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2015, 07:35 AM   #36598

Vintage RV Owners Club
Don and Sandy,
My heart is hurting with you. it is so hard to loose a furkid. Know he is grateful to be out of his pain. Know he loved you, too.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:36 AM   #36599

Solo Rvers Club
Sorry to hear of your loss Don and Sandee.

Ed and Jackie....What can I say but good luck on the lottery .....then maybe you won't owe and owe and your RAINBOW will be bright everyday. Now if'n I could just have some luck too!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:49 AM   #36600

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yesterday was a tragic day for too many of you. Don and Sandee my heart goes out to you. I am shocked by Thor's unexpected passing. Please know that we all share your grief.

Ohmmms and extra hugs to all my mutant brothers and sisters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:58 AM   #36601

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Hello Mutant Friends!

Sorry I'm not usually so silent but we have had a difficult week. Some of you may recall I asked you all to pray for our good friend Garry Norris who was diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer for which there was no drug protocol. Well Garry took a turn for the worse last week and we spent a lot of time with him and his wife Pat. The Lord took him home last Friday and Barb and I along with his family and many many friends have a huge hole in our hearts now. Believe me when I say that heaven got a good good man! His funeral is tomorrow and it's going to be difficult to watch one of my closest friends of 30+ years be laid to rest. They too were rainbow riders and I always had hopes of recruiting he and Pat when he got well because you would have loved them as much as we did.

Please pray for the family as they try to move forward. They are strong in their faith, strong in each other but will need lots of love after tomorrow. As always, I'm thankful for our mutant family and your unwavering support. I will be back soon!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

MANY OHHMMMMmmmmmsssssss from us..
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:02 AM   #36602

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sad news Possum. We didn't know Charlie but you have provided a fitting memorial to a good friend in deed!
@ Possum & Huntnski... Very well said - Ohmmmssss
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #36603

Fleetwood Owners Club
Has anyone noticed the Quote, Quick and Thanks buttons at the bottom of the post have changed? No multi button now.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:21 AM   #36604
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Ugh... my yahoo Email got hacked... i have changed the password. So sorry if any of you got junk from me today or tomorrow if it takes that long to find you.
Was there ever a difference? (Just kidding, just kidding)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
You mean when Tim gets within 1/2 a mile of it???
ROFLMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Wayne we had intended to call you and Earlene and come down for a visit when Things here changed but maybe after we get Pat settled after the funeral we can still head that way for a few days. I will call you before and check in.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
You are welcome anytime. Holler when ready.

[QUOTE=Dwayne & Shara;2541889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I want to park next to you for as long as it takes for you to please Earlene with a new floor. Hee hee!

Any time my brother anytime. But it is a lot of work.
Oh, I bet it is. I could sit and watch it for hours and call it supervising. Been there done that, recently at GC 1.2.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:23 AM   #36605
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
At least she didn't buy a new shovel. Lol
Doesn't he lot as happy as a pig in s.....ome mud!
Old 05-05-2015, 08:25 AM   #36606

R U an RV Mutant too?

Tim. S'up? Got updated fencing report?
Inquiring minds....
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #36607

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Has anyone noticed the Quote, Quick and Thanks buttons at the bottom of the post have changed? No multi button now.
That must just be the phone cuz it shows up on my tablet. I don't have cell at home so rarely use the phone for responding.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #36608
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
This morning, May 5th, 2015 at about 1:45 am our rainbow got a little darker. We are devastated by the unbelievable, unforeseen, sudden loss of our lovable ditz. Thor was Sandee's shadow in every sense of the word. He was a goof ball and noisy if he thought he wasn't getting enough attention. He was our foot warmer at night and couldn't sleep if he wasn't in our bed.

We always thought that Thor would be here to help us deal with our grief when Gunny would need to be let go. Now we know that we will be facing that loss without Thor. For those who don't know Gunny is our older GSD who is suffering from Degenerative Myelopathy (Dog version of ALS) and may not be with us for very long.

Without knowing it, I took him for his last walk around the lake at noon. He seemed fine but later discovered he had thrown up all his breakfast in a corner of the coach. He later started being a bit lethargic and refused to eat dinner and then threw up all the water he had drank. later that evening he appeared to have a seizure and we rushed him to the U of IL Vet Med Emergency room. We thought he was doing better after IVs and then suddenly he took a turn for the worse and we had to let him go. I had left for a little while to go back home to take care of Gunny and Sandee was left to make that horrible choice to have them stop resuscitation.

Thor's food bowl sits there with the food he didn't eat. The red collar he wore nearly all his life is now hanging on the peg his leash was hanging from. Gunny is quiet and I wonder how he will take this after his "brother" isn't here to keep him company. There is now an empty dog crate begging to be occupied.

There is a hole in our hearts and tears in our eyes. Oh God, how much I would give to have this yapping, ditzy kid back. Because, even if he wasn't a arch-type GSD that was strong willed, always alert and confident...he was a lovable fur kid that one minute could drive you crazy and the next make you smile.

I'm gonna miss you Thor. Now that you have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge, go find Major, Angel and Sarge. Also...keep an eye open for Gunny.
Don and Sandee, It is with such sadness that I read your post. Thor has crossed over the rainbow bridge and is now in doggie heaven. He is looking down on Gunny with a smile on his face, for he knows he shared good and loving caretakers with Gunny.

Our sincerest sympathies are with you, Sandee, and Gunny during this time of grieving.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #36609
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Stay tuned for another exciting episode of, As the Crepe Turns.
Is that French for "crap happens"?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:53 AM   #36610

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
This morning, May 5th, 2015 at about 1:45 am our rainbow got a little darker. We are devastated by the unbelievable, unforeseen, sudden loss of our lovable ditz. Thor was Sandee's shadow in every sense of the word. He was a goof ball and noisy if he thought he wasn't getting enough attention. He was our foot warmer at night and couldn't sleep if he wasn't in our bed.

We always thought that Thor would be here to help us deal with our grief when Gunny would need to be let go. Now we know that we will be facing that loss without Thor. For those who don't know Gunny is our older GSD who is suffering from Degenerative Myelopathy (Dog version of ALS) and may not be with us for very long.

Without knowing it, I took him for his last walk around the lake at noon. He seemed fine but later discovered he had thrown up all his breakfast in a corner of the coach. He later started being a bit lethargic and refused to eat dinner and then threw up all the water he had drank. later that evening he appeared to have a seizure and we rushed him to the U of IL Vet Med Emergency room. We thought he was doing better after IVs and then suddenly he took a turn for the worse and we had to let him go. I had left for a little while to go back home to take care of Gunny and Sandee was left to make that horrible choice to have them stop resuscitation.

Thor's food bowl sits there with the food he didn't eat. The red collar he wore nearly all his life is now hanging on the peg his leash was hanging from. Gunny is quiet and I wonder how he will take this after his "brother" isn't here to keep him company. There is now an empty dog crate begging to be occupied.

There is a hole in our hearts and tears in our eyes. Oh God, how much I would give to have this yapping, ditzy kid back. Because, even if he wasn't a arch-type GSD that was strong willed, always alert and confident...he was a lovable fur kid that one minute could drive you crazy and the next make you smile.

I'm gonna miss you Thor. Now that you have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge, go find Major, Angel and Sarge. Also...keep an eye open for Gunny.
So sorry. It's hard to loose our special furkids.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote